Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Huth and Morgan next season?

They were both phenomenal last season and the 6 months of the season before when Huth came on loan. The reason they were so poor for the first 6 months of this season is that Claudio moved to a style of play that didn't suit them at all (not forgetting their form and those around them was also awful). They might have one or two good seasons left in them but when your CB backup amounts to 30 year old Benalouane (who could barely get in the u23s 6 months ago, but has been amazing since he was thrown in the team - especially against Atletico) and 37 year old Was (who doesn't need a game plan, all you need to do is say "Marcin - Smash" and he'll just smile at you like this:

Marcin Smash)

You know that we're desperate for improvement. Letting Hernandez go in January was criminal given our predicament then, even though we made a tidy profit on him. 2 new CBs and a RB is an absolute must IMO.

Even though these guys have been great servants for the club and that they have been a brick wall at times for us,I'd like to see a younger pairing in front of Kasper some with top quality experience either at a top European club or premier league!

Hopefully we can bring in a few decent players in the summer keep as can see a couple going looks like Mahrez is off by the media reports Slimani could be on his way to the Baggies so all we can do really is just wait and see let's sort out the management vacancy and crack on rebuilding the squad for us to go for a top 5 finish next season !!:sweating::thumbup:

Both have roles for me. One needs to partner a new left footed CB in my opinion. Probably Morgan when he gets a good pre-season under his belt. We need to improve the options in defence. I would sign Gibson and Trippier. I would retire off Wasyl and have Fuchs and Chilwell competing for LB role. Maybe Chilwell as first choice initially.

We should keep Was to run the door.

Id be concerned about Morgan and his back because something has obviously gone out of place after seasons of playing every game he is now fragile.Maybe some minor surgery required off season.

Chilwell is not close to Fuchs at present but patience and another season or two and that could be a natural progression.

Same for Gray but not sure he has the patience.

One good buy at centre back maybe from a club going down ?

So many times I've seen people suggesting we should sign Keane or Gibson or  Maguire. This just ain't gonna happen - they will all hanker after a move to the 'top six' (or Everton). I doubt if this would ever happen, but my choice would be Scott Dann - injured at the moment but seems out of favour with Fat Sam who for some reason prefers Sahko (!) and Tomkins.

6'5" and hard as nails - Danns the man!

18 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

There's a lot of chat about these two, but in all fairness the entire back 4 are each 30+. I think we need to start re-building plans for the whole defence. Not overnight, but gradually phasing in the next generation.

Your absolutely right and in Chilwell we've got an excellent up and coming left back. We now need a younger centre half about 22-26yrs and a young right back. Don't think Waque or whatever his name was was the answer just a panic loan but Benalouane has been good cover. The chances of getting Keane have gone but Gibson is still a reasonable possibility. Don't know about right backs though or whether any of our own young development squad players are up to the task?

Archived