Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Huth and Morgan next season?

Do you think we will keep them as the main central defensive pairing? They are both 33 now, turning 34 during the season.

I'm a lot less worried with Wes out that Huth, I think Huth is the more important player and his style suits 'being old' more than Wes if we keep one of them in the team.

Huth and Benny an acceptable pairing for next season?

Too early to start throwing players by the wayside yet.

Morgan was exceptional against Atletico alongside Benalouane and I don't think it's fair to say he's done yet.

It's nice to have the choice between the 3 though and hopefully some younger blood will be signed as a long-term replacement in the summer.

Huth is still quality, Morgan not so much. Morgan should be the no.3 and Benny is backup. We need a top quality centre half to partner Huth.

2 minutes ago, foxoffderby said:

I would like a quality CB young, quick and left footed to rotate with Benny, Huth and Wes.

Huth is left footed.

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Huth is still quality, Morgan not so much. Morgan should be the no.3 and Benny is backup. We need a top quality centre half to partner Huth.

Huth is left footed.

Half the people on here thinks Huth is right footed (me included) lol

No wonder nobody actually knows his dominant foot since he hoofs it 80% of the time.

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Huth is right footed, if you didn't know that you obviously don't watch us enough. I mean remember his free-kick against Stoke? 

Apparently he is right footed but i'd say he is very comfortable making a tackle on his left and also clearing with it. Hence he plays in the left side of the two. 

Morgan and Huth are still very good defenders at this level. Next season they will still be better suited to our system & better defenders than the likes of Keane, Gibson, Maguire, etc. It will take a VERY good CB to take their place in the starting XI.

We should sign two CB's to learn from them.

Whatever happens, Morgan and Huth have both been outstanding bits of business for us and we've had way beyond our money's worth out of them both.

Sentimentally I'd like to see them both stay, but it's clear to see they're both often  lacking in pace against quick strikers. But what they lack in pace they make up for in physicality and I love em both for that.

I never thought I'd see better than Walsh, Elliott and Taggert in my time but these two are right up there.

I reckon if we keep them both with Benny and then replace Wasyl with a younger upgrade, we could maybe rotate the four of them to good effect next season.

Should have been replaced this summer, or at least one of them.

Huth is better than Morgan.

Benny is decent but makes some stupid decisions at times.

Archived