Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Leicester woman killed by neighbours

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Steady on, I don't think Swan is condoning attacking people in their own homes. He is just saying imagine after a moment of madness being responsible for someone's death.

:thumbup:

3 hours ago, pSinatra said:

When a friend texted her to say that the neighbour had died, she text back saying "yes dead & gone xx"

I doesn't sound like she regretted her actions, was in any way sorry & is too stupid to know that she's responsible for that persons death. 

If I had punched someone in a rare moment of anger & later found out that the person had died, I would probably throw up - not send a text saying "great xx"

At that moment in time she probably had absolutely no idea that she was responsible. Cold hearted it may be, but unless you've seen someone take a whack on the head and be in a serious way, you'd never guess they'd die of that sort of injury.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

At that moment in time she probably had absolutely no idea that she was responsible. Cold hearted it may be, but unless you've seen someone take a whack on the head and be in a serious way, you'd never guess they'd die of that sort of injury.

That's a fair comment.  Apparently, the woman killed was an alcoholic.  I don't know to what degree, but it may have been the case that she could have died in relation to her alcoholism.  Still, there's no point in revelling in the death of someone, no matter how much you dislike that person, whatever previous disputes you've had or because she popped your football......whether you feel responsible or not.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

She's still celebrating the death of someone, the vile woman.

10 hours ago, Parafox said:

I have no connection with this incident, but I would suggest that there was no immediate or obvious threat to her medically. Certainly there would have been no evidence of bleeding into the pericardial sac at that time. Fractured ribs are rarely treated by anything other than rest and pain relief as the ribs are "self-splinting" as they are so close together with sheets of muscle encasing them so she probably didn't present initially as being in danger, just in pain.

She was still in severe pain 5 days later and was then rightly taken to hospital. I don't know what tests they did or didn't do but they must have been of the opinion that there was nothing serious happening. A bleed of that nature may not have shown any signs on ECG's or x-rays and this poor girl was probably thinking she would get better because, probably, that's she had been told would happen.

When you put it like that i understand it more but this whole story is just horrible

Sometimes a series of events cumulatively cause someones death, and you have to go back to start of those events and see what triggered it.  It is foreseeable that attacking someone could result in their death, so I can see this as manslaughter.  

Given their lack of remorse and non guilty plea, you would think they would get 4/5 years, but even so would be out by late 2019.

A disgrace that someone can lose their life over a football; the petty nature of the incident and the totally pointless death will hopefully result in a meaningful sentence, but I doubt it. 

I might be the only one thinking this but maybe schools should introduce something about the dangers of small fights. Last year in my uni course I did a presentation on one punch killers and it opened my eyes as to how a single punch and someone falling funny could end up killing them and you getting a manslaughter charge. It doesn't help how the media shows fights in movies with those involved taking 100s of hits and acting like they have taken one, not saying media is at fault as it's entertaining but teaching the true possible repercussions of 'harmless' fights might make people in the future think before going off on someone in a fit of rage? Even if it's just a single assembly it's better then nothing.

Hope those responsible get a few extra years on top, they had the time to calm down and still chose to get violent so they knew what they were doing.

Shame the victim had to die over something so trivial, rest in peace. 

Isn't it the fact that it took a few weeks for the injuries to kill her that's saved the accused here?

Given that they had the time to calm down and think through their course of action, that she stood outside the house and made clear her intention to kill the victim, if the poor woman had died the same day surely it's a pre-meditated murder charge?

Archived