Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ian_marshall

Season Ticket Advice Needed Please

I currently have 2 season tickets which I pay for, one registered in my name and the other in my old man's name. Unfortunately my old man's no longer able to come to the games with me and I want to transfer the ticket to my wife. I enquired at the club shop and was surprisingly told that they couldn't do it and I'd need to write to the senior management team at the club and it's at their discretion whether they agree to the change. The representative I spoke to suggested that such changes aren't a simple decision and the management team can be somewhat reluctant to such changes. I could understand if the ticket was being paid by my old man but I have always paid for both so I personally don't see what the issue is. 

Can anyone please advise what the best approach is to this situation as I don't want to lose this season ticket?

18 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Just let your wife use the ST?

Depends whether his Dad had a concession ticket, not sure how they'd react if you tried to just upgrade it for the season.

Just now, davieG said:

Depends whether his Dad had a concession ticket, not sure how they'd react if you tried to just upgrade it for the season.

I'm not sure anybody would ask?!

Just now, ian_marshall said:

My old man didn't have any concessions however will be approaching concessionary age in a few year's hence why I'm keen to get it changed over.

Sure but your wife is ageing too - she'll probably look much nearer your Dad's age in a few years?

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Sure but your wife is ageing too - she'll probably look much nearer your Dad's age in a few years?

? Best not mention that to the wife. In all seriousness there's about 30 years between them so I don't think that'd work to my advantage. 

Unless you seek the relevant permission like you have been asked to do the only other option is to keep it in the current name 

In the 17/18 season ticket brochure it states you can do unlimited upgrades if you sit in west/east or south stand 

2 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

? Best not mention that to the wife. In all seriousness there's about 30 years between them so I don't think that'd work to my advantage. 

Admittedly that is a gap. 

A gap however that might be overcome with a costume and some make-up? In a few years it'll be part of the match day experience for you both and everybody should try dressing their wife up as a man at least a few times.

1 hour ago, red5 said:

Why should your wife be able to jump the queue for a season ticket?

I was waiting for a response like this.

Firstly, how is she jumping the queue? I pay the annual fees so the tickets essentially belong to me. I should be able to decide who comes to watch the games with me. If I choose to stop paying then yes I should lose that privilege but otherwise I don't understand the issue. Also, how is this any different to owning a corporate box? I'm sure you have no objection to box holders determining who goes to the games with them or are their guests jumping the queue too?

I'd take your point if I was asking for an additional season ticket but I'm not, I've held my season tickets for around 10 years and was happy to commit my money when we were languishing in the division's below and I'd happily continue to do so if we ever get relegated again. I don't recall there being a queue for season tickets when we were playing the likes of Barnsley and Yeovil so why should I have to give up one of my tickets because we're now playing more attractive fixtures simply because I'd like to take someone different to the game?

1 hour ago, ian_marshall said:

Firstly, how is she jumping the queue? I pay the annual fees so the tickets essentially belong to me. I should be able to decide who comes to watch the games with me. If I choose to stop paying then yes I should lose that privilege but otherwise I don't understand the issue. Also, how is this any different to owning a corporate box? I'm sure you have no objection to box holders determining who goes to the games with them or are their guests jumping the queue too?

I'd take your point if I was asking for an additional season ticket but I'm not, I've held my season tickets for around 10 years and was happy to commit my money when we were languishing in the division's below and I'd happily continue to do so if we ever get relegated again. I don't recall there being a queue for season tickets when we were playing the likes of Barnsley and Yeovil so why should I have to give up one of my tickets because we're now playing more attractive fixtures simply because I'd like to take someone different to the game?

Ah, but the tickets don't belong to you, they are the property of the club. You pay the money for you and your dad to go to games and not anyone else. I'm not saying people don't take other people, I'm just saying how the t&cs work.

The club have every right to say if your dad no longer wishes to use it then it should first be offered to a paying gold member rather than whomever you wish to take with you.

The best advice would be to let your wife use it whilst there is no concession and then sign up as a member in the hope of jointing the queue and purchasing one at the start of the following season.

2 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

That's because you know it's true.

I don't think the club are keen on "transferring" tickets. As they've indicated to you they may consider it if you ask, but you run the risk of them saying no.

If your dad no longer wants or needs his ticket then it is right that it goes back into the pool for someone else. Your wife would effectively be jumping the queue otherwise.

As you say, it'll be a few years before your dad's ticket becomes an OAP one so she can continue using it as it is for now. By then, we'll probably be shit again and back in the Championship so you'll easily be able to buy a new one!

As most posts state above, you cannot just transfer a season ticket to a different person which makes sense, otherwise Season Tickets become a closed shop (like Liverpool where season tickets still exist for people who have passed away and it is kept in the family).

I understand you are paying for both. Just keep the tickets as they are and give your dad's season ticket to your wife, does the job (only the name would not match but no one at the club cares so as long as you and your wife don't mind).

Alternatively, and I am not sure this is possible, you could keep the season ticket against your dad's account and just change all of the details on his account to be your wife's (name, address, email etc). Nothing to stop you as far as I am aware, sure people change names (e.g. get married) so it must be reflected somehow.

12 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

As most posts state above, you cannot just transfer a season ticket to a different person which makes sense, otherwise Season Tickets become a closed shop (like Liverpool where season tickets still exist for people who have passed away and it is kept in the family).

I understand you are paying for both. Just keep the tickets as they are and give your dad's season ticket to your wife, does the job (only the name would not match but no one at the club cares so as long as you and your wife don't mind).

Alternatively, and I am not sure this is possible, you could keep the season ticket against your dad's account and just change all of the details on his account to be your wife's (name, address, email etc). Nothing to stop you as far as I am aware, sure people change names (e.g. get married) so it must be reflected somehow.

I think the sticking point is the category of ticket. OP stated that his dad's ticket will "soon" become a concession (OAP) ticket so will flash a different colour, meaning his wife (unless she looks really old) is at risk of being fingered by the Ticket Auditors (who seem to be getting more on the ball than they used to - I was at the Spurs game early, and stood and watched them tackle several people entering on concession tickets). Most got off with a warning, but one guy had his ticket taken off him!)

8 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I think the sticking point is the category of ticket. OP stated that his dad's ticket will "soon" become a concession (OAP) ticket so will flash a different colour, meaning his wife (unless she looks really old) is at risk of being fingered by the Ticket Auditors (who seem to be getting more on the ball than they used to - I was at the Spurs game early, and stood and watched them tackle several people entering on concession tickets). Most got off with a warning, but one guy had his ticket taken off him!)

Surely it only becomes a concession if he pays the concession rate.

I've bought tickets in advance on line in my name but paid the full price in case i couldn't go so I could pass it on without having to go through the process of upgrading it. I might add this was when there were plenty to be had in case i get accused of allowing someone to jump the queue.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Surely it only becomes a concession if he pays the concession rate.

I've bought tickets in advance on line in my name but paid the full price in case i couldn't go so I could pass it on without having to go through the process of upgrading it. I might add this was when there were plenty to be had in case i get accused of allowing someone to jump the queue.

I was assuming they "downgrade" your ticket automatically when you get to 65 (or whatver) in the same way as they "upgrade" when you move through the child age bands?

9 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

I was assuming they "downgrade" your ticket automatically when you get to 65 (or whatver) in the same way as they "upgrade" when you move through the child age bands?

I don't recall them doing that and there's no incentive for them to do so.

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

I don't recall them doing that and there's no incentive for them to do so.

Well in that case, the OP doesn't have a problem really (I think).

It's a bit mean of the club if so though. They are quite happy to increase the price of my son's ticket as he goes through the age bands and manage to do this automatically. Then again, thinking about it I'm not sure whether they have DOB for adults on file, so you're probably right!

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Well in that case, the OP doesn't have a problem really (I think).

It's a bit mean of the club if so though. They are quite happy to increase the price of my son's ticket as he goes through the age bands and manage to do this automatically. Then again, thinking about it I'm not sure whether they have DOB for adults on file, so you're probably right!

When I order a ticket online it gives me the option to pay the concession or the adult price.

Archived