Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

They were slating them for planning for their own failures, almost an admittance they know the economics they will introduce will be a disaster.

The only thing they can do to plan for that would be capital controls and if people actually were educated enough to know what that meant they wouldn't go near the party at the ballot box. Imagine going back to the days of not being allowed to spend your own money where you want, frightening. Going through airport scanners again with 200 quid in your pants. 

Didn't read up on it extensively but from what I heard it sounded like they were discussing what they would do if there was a run on the pound upon them getting into power. Not ad a result of their policies, but just the market's reaction to them getting into power. There's not a lot they can do to prevent that if it's going to happen, so it seems a good idea to plan for it.

Just now, Webbo said:

You mentioned me in your post, I don't go out of my way to to interact with you.

Honestly, what response would I get if I posted pro brexit articles from the Mail or the Express? There are plenty of pro brexit studies out there that you'd dismiss without reading. I'd be ridiculed for posting them so what's the point?

Fair enough.

If you can find some pro Brexit studies - not just articles or Farage banging on but studies - then.link to them or to the articles that introduce them. I'd be happy to compare left and right studies and we can try to work out where the truth might lie. But you don't.

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

We're already done this one. You know damn well labour aren't planning for failures in their policies, they're planning for short term difficulties if right wing loving financiers get nervous when they first get in. This is what I mean about the level of disingenuous debate on here. We're not politicians so why do people take positions they know are false?

Because we're not politicians and we're just talking shit on the internet?

• Like 1

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

Because we're not politicians and we're just talking shit on the internet?

True, but you don't post in.here as much as many so I have to assume they have an interest in working out the truth. It's a completely pointless discussion otherwise. Maybe it is just me but I quite like pepper debate where there's a chance of movement to consensus but it didn't happen at all here.

Just now, toddybad said:

True, but you don't post in.here as much as many so I have to assume they have an interest in working out the truth. It's a completely pointless discussion otherwise. Maybe it is just me but I quite like pepper debate where there's a chance of movement to consensus but it didn't happen at all here.

Image result for you're so serious

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

IMG_0592.thumb.PNG.dc03d1c7c39306acbc551e9aa663522b.PNG

Imagine opening your door and seeing these bad boys on the doorstep to requisition your house. 

Rather that than teresa may visiting to tell you that hs2 is being built through your back garden because they spent all the tunnel money in the home counties.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

None of us should take any forecast that seriously, the only thing we know about them is they will be wrong, we just don't know by how much. 

If our prices seriously went up by 900 quid a year it would be because we have decided to implement pretty outrageous tariffs, it would be totally self-inflicted. 

I absolutely agree that predictions should be taken with a large dose of salt.  I just can't understand how you always dismiss any poll or expert forecast posted by a lefty on the basis of it being an unreliable poll or biased expert opinion yet you're one of the more prolific posters of the same sort of content when it seems to vindicate your view.

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

DNuJvInXUAAx_hz?format=jpg&name=large

"You want war?" #madlads #forthemany

Good rhetoric but it'll never happen.  Then again the Tories aren't going to try so I'm thinking we may as well give them the opportunity to be hoisted on their petard.

4 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Fair enough.

If you can find some pro Brexit studies - not just articles or Farage banging on but studies - then.link to them or to the articles that introduce them. I'd be happy to compare left and right studies and we can try to work out where the truth might lie. But you don't.

Is this a murder mystery or the politics thread..?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toddybad said:

We're already done this one. You know damn well labour aren't planning for failures in their policies, they're planning for short term difficulties if right wing loving financiers get nervous when they first get in. This is what I mean about the level of disingenuous debate on here. We're not politicians so why do people take positions they know are false?

We haven't done this at all, you never replied. 

I'll ask again, aside from capital controls and raising IR how would you plan for a run on the pound?

3 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Alright, no need to get salty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Good rhetoric but it'll never happen.  Then again the Tories aren't going to try so I'm thinking we may as well give them the opportunity to be hoisted on their petard.

Wouldn't worry, if McDonnell gets anywhere number 11 we won't have much left to tax, anything that isn't nailed down will be gone.

Given the position will be to stay in the single market not a thing he can do about it either.

Just now, MattP said:

We haven't done this at all, you never replied. 

I'll ask again, aside from capital controls and raising IR how would you plan for a run on the pound?

Who cares? 

What a pointless question.

You've tried to make a point about labour planning. It's been pointed out that they're planning for a good reason.

Who gives a shit what the plan is? How are either of us supposed to know?

What was the Brexiters plan for winning the referendum? Oh they didn't have one. If only everybody's planning was as good as Labour's.

4 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Rather that than teresa may visiting to tell you that hs2 is being built through your back garden because they spent all the tunnel money in the home counties.

You would rather have your house taken off you than sold at its value with an extra 15-20% on top as compensation? 

Sorry Toddy but this is just weird now. Hard to take it seriously. 

10 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Fair enough.

Here's how we could see lower food prices after Brexit  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/05/could-see-lower-food-prices-brexit/

Who cares? 

What a pointless question.

You've tried to make a point about labour planning. It's been pointed out that they're planning for a good reason.

Who gives a shit what the plan is? How are either of us supposed to know?

What was the Brexiters plan for winning the referendum? Oh they didn't have one. If only everybody's planning was as good as Labour's.

Who cares?

Anyone who has a job, house, pension or relies on any sort of public service I'd imagine. 

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Wouldn't worry, if McDonnell gets anywhere number 11 we won't have much left to tax, anything that isn't nailed down will be gone.

Given the position will be to stay in the single market not a thing he can do about it either.

Which position is that?

1 minute ago, MattP said:

You would rather have your house taken off you than sold at its value with an extra 15-20% on top as compensation? 

Sorry Toddy but this is just weird now. Hard to take it seriously. 

Says the guy claiming everybody's house is being sold and everybody's leaving the UK if labour win an election.

Just now, toddybad said:

Which position is that?

Your current Brexit position of indefinitely staying in the single market. 

Just now, MattP said:

Your current Brexit position of indefinitely staying in the single market. 

That isn't their position. Think you need to have a read.

Just now, toddybad said:

That isn't their position. Think you need to have a read.

Indefinitely having a transition period isn't Labour policy?

What has it changed to now I missed the news at 8.