Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

Not the sort of thing you expect to hear from Peston.

Quite an interesting sample here, gives me some optimism as it shows people might just be prepared for the long haul.

IMG_20171022_223000.jpg

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia-jewish-farage-brexit-698486

Would normally put this in the US thread but as it's someone from the UK saying it I thought it might belong here. Thoughts?

If what they are reporting he's said is true then it's a disgusting thing to say. I'd like to read the actually interview first though.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

JEWS SHOULD CONCERN AMERICANS MORE THAN RUSSIAN INFLUENCE, NIGEL FARAGE SAYS

I never heard that at all in that interview.

Yeah, the last word should really be "implies" because he didn't actually say those words.

The implication itself, however, from the words in the interview, is reasonably clear.

Just now, leicsmac said:

Yeah, the last word should really be "implies" because he didn't actually say those words.

The implication itself, however, from the words in the interview, is reasonably clear.

He didn't even imply it. The caller tried to and he admitted that the Jewish lobby had power as did other lobby groups. He seemed more concerned with distancing himself from the Russian thing.

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He didn't even imply it. The caller tried to and he admitted that the Jewish lobby had power as did other lobby groups. He seemed more concerned with distancing himself from the Russian thing.

So he was just pandering to the caller, then? That is entirely possible, of course.

And yeah, considering Trump really wants the Russia thing to go away, it would make sense that Farage wants this too.

17 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I can't believe they have managed to get the headline "JEWS SHOULD CONCERN AMERICANS MORE THAN RUSSIAN INFLUENCE" from that, I had to listen to again to see if I had missed something or my internet connecttion had cut part of it out.

It's not exactly a secret that there is a Jewish lobby that has financial and political influence within Washington, Farage simply mentioned that.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

I can't believe they have managed to get the headline "JEWS SHOULD CONCERN AMERICANS MORE THAN RUSSIAN INFLUENCE" from that, I had to listen to again to see if I had missed something or my internet connecttion had cut part of it out.

It's not exactly a secret that there is a Jewish lobby that has financial and political influence within Washington, Farage simply mentioned that.

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Farage is a cvnt of the highest order but he was essentially just agreeing with what was a pretty fair point.

Just now, Webbo said:

Would it be fair to label that Fake News?

Probably so, on the balance of things. I thought Newsweek was a reputable establishment. Apparently not, given the bit of twisting done here.

I would however be interested in the response were a Labour MP, for instance, were to point out the influence of the Jewish lobby similarly.

Quite frankly, I think their treatment of the Jews is something that the most hardline of left and right wingers actually agree on.

23 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Mind me asking at which part you think the implication American's should be more worried about the Jewish lobby is?