Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Why would they be restricted to that day?

I didn’t say they would be. I searched two Saturdays so it’s a fair comparison, as you get different prices for different days of the week. I’m not going to look through every possible combination of dates am I? I’ve already expended way too much effort on this somewhat ridiculous thread diversion as it is.

Edited by Rogstanley

1 minute ago, Rogstanley said:

I gave you the precise details of my search in a previous post. 

But your search is flawed because it doesn’t come close to the cheapest ticket I found. Maybe Indian Asda workers are better at hunting out cheaper flights than you. Just like I am.

A question for you guys (not politics, but kind of related):

I'm just in the process of arranging car hire (to be paid in Euros), and I can either pay now or when I pick up the car. Would you care to speculate whether the exchange rate will go up or down between now and July?

5 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

I didn’t say they would be. I searched two Saturdays so it’s a fair comparison, as you get different prices for different days of the week. I’m not going to look through every possible combination of dates am I? I’ve already expended way too much effort on this somewhat ridiculous thread diversion as it is.

It was absolutely outrageous you thought you could just pick the cheapest date you could find, use it to try and discredit Webster and seriously think no one else would check it.

Edited by MattP

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

But your search is flawed because it doesn’t come close to the cheapest ticket I found. Maybe Indian Asda workers are better at hunting out cheaper flights than you. Just like I am.

Racial steroetyping. :P

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Mine are direct flights, yours have stops, that’s the difference.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

I'm just in the process of arranging car hire (to be paid in Euros), and I can either pay now or when I pick up the car. Would you care to speculate whether the exchange rate will go up or down between now and July?

I’d pay it now, better the devil you know.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MattP said:

It was absolutely outrageous you thought you could just pick the cheapest date you could find, use it to try and discredit Webster and seriously think no one else would check it.

I have the exact details of my search. Feel free to check it yourself and prepare to reign in your absolute outrage.

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Pay it later.

I don't think the pound is going to go on any sort of large increase but it's looking very possible the FSM could win the Italian elections in March and go into coalition with Forza Italia - a more Eurosceptic government there won't do anything for the value of the Euro, not to mention Germany possible being in a state of political purgatory after another election. 

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

A quick Google search mate and this came up...

British Pound Forecast to fall to post-Brexit Lows vs. Euro Again in 2018: CBA

A note institutional currency analyst says Pound Sterling's good run against the Euro is ultimately likely to go into reverse.

This week has seen the Pound-to-Euro exchange rate make an impressive 0.90% advance to 1.1342 amidst a broad environment of Sterling outperformance

However, amidst the positive price action in the exchange rate, we have reported that there remain some currency professionals who remain sceptical as to how sustainable Sterling's advance against its cross-channel partner might be.

We can report today that the Pound will struggle to appreciate against a resurgent Euro during the year ahead, according to Commonwealth Bank of Australia, and may not be able to avoid a return to last year’s lows at some time or another as the Brexit negotiations roll on.

The warning from CBA comes a day after we reported two major investment banks - UBS and JP Morgan - were of the view that Sterling would ultimately return to the 2017 lows located around 1.08 at some point in 2018.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Buy dollars now and turn them into Euros then

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

What? It’s a like for like comparison. Saturday with Saturday. Direct flight with direct flight. LHR - DEL with LHR - DEL. How much fairer can I be? Christmas is still way more expensive.

Because when people are looking for the cheapest flights, they don’t have to be fair in comparisons. 

14 minutes ago, Buce said:

As long as you don't let @Rogstanley find your flights for you you'll be quids in either way.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Because when people are looking for the cheapest flights, they don’t have to be fair in comparisons. 

I’m the only person on the thread who has properly searched any flights in the summer and from what I’ve seen they’re cheaper than Christmas.

Happy for anyone to prove me wrong but so far nobody has. All you’ve shown are averages for Easter, not actual ticket prices for summer.

1 minute ago, Rogstanley said:

I’m the only person on the thread who has properly searched any flights in the summer and from what I’ve seen they’re cheaper than Christmas.

Happy for anyone to prove me wrong but so far nobody has. All you’ve shown are averages for Easter, not actual ticket prices for summer.

Your cheapest flights in the summer cost more than the flight I found over Xmas. I did search In the summer I couldn’t find cheaper. 

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

Pay it later.

I don't think the pound is going to go on any sort of large increase but it's looking very possible the FSM could win the Italian elections in March and go into coalition with Forza Italia - a more Eurosceptic government there won't do anything for the value of the Euro, not to mention Germany possible being in a state of political purgatory after another election. 

Interesting.

12 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

A quick Google search mate and this came up...

British Pound Forecast to fall to post-Brexit Lows vs. Euro Again in 2018: CBA

A note institutional currency analyst says Pound Sterling's good run against the Euro is ultimately likely to go into reverse.

This week has seen the Pound-to-Euro exchange rate make an impressive 0.90% advance to 1.1342 amidst a broad environment of Sterling outperformance

However, amidst the positive price action in the exchange rate, we have reported that there remain some currency professionals who remain sceptical as to how sustainable Sterling's advance against its cross-channel partner might be.

We can report today that the Pound will struggle to appreciate against a resurgent Euro during the year ahead, according to Commonwealth Bank of Australia, and may not be able to avoid a return to last year’s lows at some time or another as the Brexit negotiations roll on.

The warning from CBA comes a day after we reported two major investment banks - UBS and JP Morgan - were of the view that Sterling would ultimately return to the 2017 lows located around 1.08 at some point in 2018.

Convincing.

12 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Buy dollars now and turn them into Euros then

How will that help?

1 minute ago, MattP said:

As long as you don't let @Rogstanley find your flights for you you'll be quids in either way.

lol

Flights already booked.

Just now, Strokes said:

Your cheapest flights in the summer cost more than the flight I found over Xmas. I did search In the summer I couldn’t find cheaper. 

Flights with stops are always much cheaper. You can’t compare direct with indirect. I can find indirect flights in summer that are cheaper than indirect flights at Christmas.

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Go on then.

It’s all on momondo 

04-18 August, cheapest (indirect) = 422, best (direct) = 574

22 Dec - 05 Jan, cheapest = 512, best = 673

LHR - DEL in both cases 

Both Saturday departures and returns

Edited by Rogstanley