Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

2AE98EFC-40BB-4F13-9FBE-824C88AA6053.thumb.jpeg.3e8ab492337dfc097fa2b2e8562ba860.jpegFDB0A53F-F4CB-48ED-A47C-8A3BB204CD00.thumb.jpeg.0425dd5280d3bde14d2efc548236e281.jpeg

Yes, as I said previously, different days attract different prices and a Wednesday departure is sure to be cheaper than a Saturday. Search wednesdays in the summer and you’ll see a reduction in price there too.

To be honest, this has gone on long enough. Nobody has found a flight over Christmas that’s cheaper than at any other time of the year, hence Christmas is the most expensive time of year to fly to India when looking at uk school holiday times and probably throughout the year in general with the possible exception of Diwali or Holi (infact Holi is almost certainly why your March average is higher, not Easter). For those without kids of school age then going in January would be almost half price compared to Christmas. There’s certainly nothing that supports the idea that going to India over Christmas is significantly cheaper than at any other time. All evidence in fact points to the total opposite being true.

Case closed. I’m off for a curry.

Edited by Rogstanley

1 minute ago, Rogstanley said:

Yes, as I said previously, different days attract different prices and a Wednesday departure is sure to be cheaper than a Saturday. Search wednesdays in the summer and you’ll see a reduction in price there too.

To be honest, this has gone on long enough. Nobody has found a flight over Christmas that’s cheaper than at any other time of the year, hence Christmas is the most expensive time of year to fly to India when looking at uk school holiday times. For those without kids of school age then going in January would be almost half price compared to Christmas. There’s certainly nothing that supports the idea that going to India over Christmas is significantly cheaper than at any other time. All evidence in fact points to the total opposite being true.

Case closed. I’m off for a curry.

lol

What a baby.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

You prefer setting rules that don’t exist, so you can shape the results to fit your opinion. 

You are welcome to find a comparable flight that is more expensive in the summer than it is at Christmas. Every example you’ve provided so far has failed to do so.

Edited by Rogstanley

Just now, Rogstanley said:

You are welcome to find a comparable flight that is more expensive in the summer than it is at Christmas. Every example you’ve provided so far has failed to do so.

You find a cheaper flight in the summer than the one I’ve posted. You have failed to do it.

53 minutes ago, Buce said:

How will that help?

I was reading over the weekend that more predictions are saying the dollar with strengthen against the Euro despite many saying the other way round in predictions a few weeks ago. Just due to tax changes, repatriation of dollars, rate rises, and the ECB likely dampening expectations for tightening.

Of course, you're not going to do it cos it's more effort than its probably worth. But definitely pay for it now, there's no way the pound will be stronger in July than it is now unless May performs a negotiating miracle and the BoE go on a mad spree of rate rises.

Edit: brain fart

Edited by Kopfkino

5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I was reading over the weekend that more predictions are saying the dollar with strengthen against the Euro despite many saying the other way round in predictions a few weeks ago. Just due to tax changes, repatriation of dollars, rate rises, and the ECB likely dampening expectations for tightening.

Of course, you're not going to do it cos it's more effort than its probably worth. But definitely pay for it later, there's no way the pound will be stronger in July than it is now unless May performs a negotiating miracle and the BoE go on a mad spree of rate rises.

If that's true, surely that means it's better to pay now?

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

If that's true, surely that means it's better to pay now?

If anyone knew which way currency exchange rates were going to go they’d be millionaires and a million miles away from spending their time posting on foxestalk.

If you want to spread the risk then you can convert in stages, other than that you’re at the mercy of the gods.

Edited by Rogstanley
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rogstanley said:

If anyone knew which way currency exchange rates were going to go they’d be millionaires and a million miles away from spending their time posting on foxestalk.

This is a good point. I mean even the folk that are meant to know told us the pound was gonna drop to parity by the end of 2017. Good work Goldman, UBS and Morgan Stanley.

FFS, all this fuss over flying to a crap country.

My parents fly to pooonjab 3 times a year, school holidays are more expensive, especially Xmas, Easter and Diwali time.

If you don't mind stop overs you can get some bargains, I once flew during peak time, with 2 stop overs for £320

21 minutes ago, MattP said:

Sterling now back at the same rate against the dollar than it was just before the referendum.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/pound-to-euro-and-pound-to-dollar-exchange-rate-sterling-hits-prebrexit-high-against-the-dollar-a3747186.html

Strange article because it's not at all true. The pound was actually 1.49 against the dollar immediately pre-referendum so at 1.39 it's still substantially lower. 

11 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Strange article because it's not at all true. The pound was actually 1.49 against the dollar immediately pre-referendum so at 1.39 it's still substantially lower. 

Seems you're right... Strange thing to get wrong from the Standard:

GBPUSDWEEKLYJAN22.jpg