Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

We're the famous Leicester City and.........

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/07/2017 at 19:35, DrezZone said:

After Leicester won the league, everyone would laugh and mock me when I would wear the shirt to play. Then they would shut up when they #getrekt and nutmegged by me.

~ Welcome to Egypt

بطل مبالغة:P

• 1 month later...

Just back from Venice and saw a fake Vardy shirt in good company on a stall near Ponte Scalzi (busy bridge near Santa Lucia Station). :D

The shirt was going for 12 euro and I had a dilemma. Should I get it as a souvenir from Venice (and maybe a rare one at that)? Or leave it there on display for the masses?

I decided to leave it! So it's still there.

Ps...I pulled the shirt down a bit so the 'Leicester' collar could be seen.

fake shirts.JPG

1 minute ago, ultrafox said:

Just back from Venice and saw a fake Vardy shirt in good company on a stall near Ponte Scalzi (busy bridge near Santa Lucia Station). :D

The shirt was going for 12 euro and I had a dilemma. Should I get it as a souvenir from Venice (and maybe a rare one at that)? Or leave it there on display for the masses?

I decided to leave it! So it's still there.

fake shirts.JPG

Great pic - how far we have come in such a short period of time............................

My son wore his City shirt with Mahrez on during a day out on holiday in the Bahama's and got stopped about 5 times.......its mad I still find it quite overwhelming but that might be my age !!

2 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Great pic - how far we have come in such a short period of time............................

My son wore his City shirt with Mahrez on during a day out on holiday in the Bahama's and got stopped about 5 times.......its mad I still find it quite overwhelming but that might be my age !!

It's really mad ! :thumbup:

I am a Wycombe fan currently living in Las Vegas, Nevada. Just wanted to post on here that I was reading the local paper a week or two ago (The Las Vegas Review Journal), and in an article about some unlikely local high school or college victory (and not even in football - I think it was baseball or American football), the writer prefaced it with something along the lines of "This was not a Leicester City level of miracle..." 

For some reason that really struck me. Your club has become both a proverb ("A Leicester City miracle") and a verb ("Doing a Leicester") and these concepts have found their way even into localized American journalism. I found it surreal that a Las Vegas journalist, writing to Las Vegans about Las Vegas sports, could drop a Leicester reference in there with full confidence everyone would know what he was talking about.

Archived