Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

We're the famous Leicester City and.........

My uncle went to a small village near Kronach in Germany a few months ago. He had a LCFC Plastic Bag from the club shop that he was carrying a few bits in. some random woman offered to buy the bag!

Having spent years getting blank looks from foreigners abroad when I tell them who I support it was fantastic to be over in Amsterdam during the 15/16 season there was clips of city on in every bar we went in. The whole city was talking about it.

Even had a long convo with a Turkish cabbie about how underrated allbrighton is.

They were great days.

Was in New York November last year. I went to Madison Square Garden to see the Knicks play, Seeing as I was going to a sporting event I thought I would wear my LCFC shirt. I had quite a few people coming up to me saying things like 'Wow, Mahrez what a player' and 'Vardyyyyyyyyy'.

The best part of the night was just the fact that every person that spoke to me pronounced Leicester correctly and not 'Lei Chester' as most Americans call us. I felt like royalty. lol 

I remember going to Burton market in about 1990.  There was a stall there selling (fake) football scarves.  They had a "Derby - Pride of the Midlands" one.  A "Forest - Pride of the Midlands" one and then, right at the back, they had a blue one with what looked like a yellow chicken on it with the now legendary (to Rumble) slogan "Leicester - Pride of Leicester".  Those were the days.  Not into wearing the kit to be honest, seems a bit weird for a grown man, and rarely buy any Leicester branded stuff as I see it as a personal thing, but I still have that scarf, wear it every winter.  This winter was the first time anyone actually asked if it was a Leicester scarf.

Fvck you Burton on Trent market, we aint just the pride of Leicester now!!

Rumble.

X

I was living in Cape Town at the start of last year, when it started to get serious. I was walking to work in Observatory the Monday after the Man City game - in Cape Town they still post the front page of the newspapers, but I never expected to see this:

IMG_1435.thumb.JPG.781d65e87a32d9427d604f7f881bbff3.JPG

Utterly blew my mind.

Then after we won the league, I was up in Botswana staying with some mates. I rented a car an drove all over Namibia and Botswana, with this in the back window:

IMG_9098.thumb.JPG.1683437ebb4fad75d6c3dc62f40358e3.JPG

Quite often you'd get fuel station workers recognising it, raving about us (one said "Ahh you are only supporting them because they are winning" - at which point I got out and unfurled it more so that he could see the "EURO FOXES ON TOUR 97/98"). I think my favourite encounter was a German/Namibian woman when I was checking into a hotel in Swakopmund - the sort of person you wouldn't really expect to know much about English football - but she saw the flag and wouldn't shut up about us. 

Basically, we're massive.

There was a football exhibition earlier in the year here in Luxembourg.  (Football Hallelujah http://citymuseum.lu/en/exhibition/football/)

A local photographer was putting together a montage of football fans living in Luxembourg for the exhibition.

When he found out through a friend that a diehard Leicester fan was living in the Grand Duchy (and he knew we had won the Premier League), he tracked me down and asked me to come to his studio for a photo shoot. My son and I turned up,

The results (which were part of the exhibition for over 5 months ) are seen here. http://cwphoto.lu/movies--stop-motion    (click on the video...I'm on my own for the first part and then with my son later on)

I was invited to the Exhibitions grand opening at the City Museum......Champagne reception and all....met the Mayor of Luxembourg...and was quite a celebtity being a Leicester fan as everyone knew of Leicester's fairy tale!

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

I was living in Cape Town at the start of last year, when it started to get serious. I was walking to work in Observatory the Monday after the Man City game - in Cape Town they still post the front page of the newspapers, but I never expected to see this:

Utterly blew my mind.

Then after we won the league, I was up in Botswana staying with some mates. I rented a car an drove all over Namibia and Botswana, with this in the back window:

Quite often you'd get fuel station workers recognising it, raving about us (one said "Ahh you are only supporting them because they are winning" - at which point I got out and unfurled it more so that he could see the "EURO FOXES ON TOUR 97/98"). I think my favourite encounter was a German/Namibian woman when I was checking into a hotel in Swakopmund - the sort of person you wouldn't really expect to know much about English football - but she saw the flag and wouldn't shut up about us. 

It looks like you enjoyed that flag too much. What happened? Everytime you stopped for fuel you spaffed all over the car lol 

Was in New York November last year. I went to Madison Square Garden to see the Knicks play, Seeing as I was going to a sporting event I thought I would wear my LCFC shirt. I had quite a few people coming up to me saying things like 'Wow, Mahrez what a player' and 'Vardyyyyyyyyy'.

The best part of the night was just the fact that every person that spoke to me pronounced Leicester correctly and not 'Lei Chester' as most Americans call us. I felt like royalty. lol 

Lye-chester's so 2015. [emoji6]

We were doing some filming for LCFC TV on Santa Monica beach during the LA trip last summer when a teenage kid from Argentina randomly wandered up and said: "Leicester, the miracle team, well done." Just one of many surreal moments out there - along with interviewing Will Ferrell who knew about the great escape and the title win. Anchorman loved our story!!!

I was in St Vincent in the Caribbean in March 2014 and had a Leicester screen saver on my phone. The sercuity guard at the airport saw it and said that that we were going down. I explained our run in was favourable with 6 of our last 9 games at home. He laughed and said we had no chance and wished me good luck.

I meet the same guy in January this year and he remembered me and said he had told all his mates about this crazy Leicester fan he had met and how happy he was for Leicester 

March time, during our title winning season. After losing the rest of my group in the Lowenbrau beer keller in Munich, I try to venture in to some tiny local side street pub to wait the half hour for my train to turn up. I was desperate for a slash but the big bouncer wouldn't let me in as I had a bag full of beer, so I handed him the bag in desperation to show I wasn't going to take the mick and drink them in there. He lets me past and I almost run down the stairs to relieve myself. I come back upstairs and sit at the bar and get myself a drink. I say hello to the locals at the bar and they ask where in England I'm from. As soon as I say Leicester, they start chanting Leicester, Vardy & Mahrez and say the whole of Germany was behind us. The bouncer comes in to see what the fuss is about and they explain I'm from Leicester. He immediately gives me a thumbs up and hands me my beers back and shakes my hand lol Shortly after, they politely asked me to speak in English, not German as I was butchering their language lol I apologize, finish my drink and disappear in to the darkness, hearing Leicester chants behind me. Brilliant!

I was in Venice around October in the title-winning season, and (after a few beers/wines) jokingly asked a street vendor selling knock-off football shirts whether he had a Vardy one. He looked at me as though I had just tried to explain quantum physics to him.

Fast forward to June, and sure enough, there was Vardy amongst the Messis and Ronaldos in France for the Euros.

I was let off a €60 fine on the Berlin underground as we hadn't date stamped our 3 day travel tickets (who knew :dunno:). Turns out the ticket man absolutely loved Jamie Vardy so it was high fives all round instead of a fine when we said we were from Leicester. More beer money for us...

I did also have family come over from Holland just for the Everton game and although they coudlbt get a ticket, they absolutely loved being part of it. My cousin even said he had more enjoyment watching us (only missed the Man City away game) on Dutch tv then he did going to watch his beloved Ajax. 

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Utterly blew my mind.

What a great story. Amazing where football takes you

Archived