Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Le Tour 2017

25 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Go on G!

Just what the neutral didn't want but what a day for Team Sky on Day 1, stage win and Froome already pinching seconds off some of the big gc boys.

Looks ominious, but Porte's caution was well merited given what happened to Valverde. 

And people - have a look at my report at the top please. It was put together during the event and I managed to publish quicker than some mainstream outlets which is no mean feet! 

Background is that I've applied to University to do Journalism this week and in the process of building up a portfolio of professional looking articles, but some views / feedback wouldn't go a miss.

Brilliant for Geraint Thomas, the first Welshman to win a stage of the Tour de France and Sky already laying down a marker for the rest of the tour! Really hope Cav can do something this tour, he has been suffering from glandular fever the last couple of weeks so not the best preparation for him!

16 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

You've bugger this up already Mike - you can't suddenly go introducing commas.

If it's a switch up, it's a new icon on the end, not a completely new sequence.

Sorry DJ - I'm a secret grammar nazi. 

13 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Looks ominious, but Porte's caution was well merited given what happened to Valverde. 

And people - have a look at my report at the top please. It was put together during the event and I managed to publish quicker than some mainstream outlets which is no mean feet! 

Background is that I've applied to University to do Journalism this week and in the process of building up a portfolio of professional looking articles, but some views / feedback wouldn't go a miss.

That was a good read mate, will you be doing one for each stage? enjoyed the little video segments inbetween, great for people not able to see all of the action every day.

Cant really give much in way of critique as you're much better at putting things into words than I but just in case the above saying ever crops up in one of your reports then I believe it is "No mean feat" ....apologies, I must be damn bored this morning to be as pedantic as that lollol

Not a big time trial fan so today feels like the first proper stage and looking forward to seeing where all the big sprinters are at physically and mentally coming into this, Cav obviously had an awful time recently but looking at the betting it must be the first time I have ever seen him priced at 10/1 for a likely sprint finish.

Ill go for a slight outsider Nacer Bouhanni but it'd be nice to see Cav and Kittel slugging it out over the final 200m.

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

That was a good read mate, will you be doing one for each stage? enjoyed the little video segments inbetween, great for people not able to see all of the action every day.

Cant really give much in way of critique as you're much better at putting things into words than I but just in case the above saying ever crops up in one of your reports then I believe it is "No mean feat" ....apologies, I must be damn bored this morning to be as pedantic as that lollol

Not a big time trial fan so today feels like the first proper stage and looking forward to seeing where all the big sprinters are at physically and mentally coming into this, Cav obviously had an awful time recently but looking at the betting it must be the first time I have ever seen him priced at 10/1 for a likely sprint finish.

Ill go for a slight outsider Nacer Bouhanni but it'd be nice to see Cav and Kittel slugging it out over the final 200m.

Thanks much appreciated... don't plan on doing each day of the Tour, trying to build a range of different reports / styles at the moment so will move to something else that takes my fancy - plus it's bloody hard work trying to build a report as it's going on so you can publish within minutes after! 

Tony Martin almost had me, because he was up at the intermediate - I felt Thomas' time would be tough to beat so had begun shaping things around that result making it "bloody hell" when I saw Martin's split. Wouldn't have been terrible if Martin won because my opening had centred on him, so the result between the two was covered either way with what I had but it did result in some frantic structure swapping before the end.  

And yeah... I think I choose feet thinking it wasn't the foot spelling - so I got the wrong spelling, but was thinking on the correct lines. 

Was always going to be a tough first sprint for Cav but fourth place when he clearly isn't 100% isn't too bad, still early Days for him to get his engine going the first week is always dangerous for crashes and Froome just needs to be careful till he gets to the mountains

On 01/07/2017 at 19:22, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Just had a little look, Barry. Not bad at all!

Sent you a PM :thumbup:

Sagan is such an amazing bike rider, and a fantastic bike handler as well, i mean to lose foot grip in the middle of a sprint and tie it back up and still win. the guy is simply amazing. yes he's cocky and self assured but with a talent like his why wouldn't you be! he'll be going all out for the green jersey once again and i doubt no one will stop him!