Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PintsandPyro

Darts

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2020 at 16:07, Chiltern Fox said:

What the heck is happening with mvg at the mo? Is he spent?

Not sure he's spent,but no one really fears him anymore.Going to a new manufacturer is not going to help as he never used his old dart manufacturers darts....needs to get back to basics and dig the old darts out,Be interesting to see what set he uses tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAULCFC said:

Not sure he's spent,but no one really fears him anymore.Going to a new manufacturer is not going to help as he never used his old dart manufacturers darts....needs to get back to basics and dig the old darts out,Be interesting to see what set he uses tonight.

Just makes Taylor's achievements look next level. Anyone but gezzy p for me.

13 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Just makes Taylor's achievements look next level. Anyone but gezzy p for me.

Not a like for like comparison.

Taylor won a lot of his titles in the 10 years or so after the split when the game was in the doldrums and there wasn't the same number of tournaments, players and money in the game. The BDO had greater depth until the Barney defection in 2006. MVG has had it quite tough I reckon.

It's not surprising players have shorter careers at the top now. There is so many other players and so many tournaments that players get burned out a lot faster now.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Sounds like he’s about ready to call it a day. Clearly doesn’t like quite a few of the other players 

Just watched the match again and Gwlas was sniffing every time Ando threw......wether it was a dig about cheating or the use of a certain white powder....who knows?

8 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Just watched the match again and Gwlas was sniffing every time Ando threw......wether it was a dig about cheating or the use of a certain white powder....who knows?

Yeah a few people on Twitter saying that apparently since there’s been no crowds at the events, some of the players have been sniffing and making noises to try and put there opponent off.

The sort of stuff where if there was a crowd in then you wouldn’t hear it. So looks like gawlas was doing that. I think Andersen is getting fed up of it all.

3 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Yeah a few people on Twitter saying that apparently since there’s been no crowds at the events, some of the players have been sniffing and making noises to try and put there opponent off.

The sort of stuff where if there was a crowd in then you wouldn’t hear it. So looks like gawlas was doing that. I think Andersen is getting fed up of it all.

yes...to be honest he don't need the money any more,I think he'll go to the worlds then cal it a day....which is what Barney should have done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

yes...to be honest he don't need the money any more,I think he'll go to the worlds then cal it a day....which is what Barney should have done.

But i do respect Ando,because he's allways said he is an old school player and can't be doing with the gamesmanship........get up,throw,get them out!

13 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Thats Ando finished for me....sad!

Yeah it is sad, always been my fave since his early BDO days as The Dream Boy (my Mam) fancied him lol

Met him and his wife at a few of the exhibitions and they are proper sound, couldnt be doing with the glitz and glam of it all just wanted to get back to their pub and family.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...