Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PintsandPyro

Darts

4 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Anyone on here decent at darts? First time I’ve ever read this thread haha. 

Got a board at home. Hit a few 180s and ton plus check outs a few years ago but hadn't played for ages until recently. Enjoying it again but only averaging 54, so way off.

Would love to join a team but when you don't really drink there's not much cause to enter a pub!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

Got a board at home. Hit a few 180s and ton plus check outs a few years ago but hadn't played for ages until recently. Enjoying it again but only averaging 54, so way off.

Would love to join a team but when you don't really drink there's not much cause to enter a pub!

Yeah I’m the same. Played it as a kid as my dad had a board in the house but was never great. Recently put a board up in my shop and play when there’s no customers. Get a few 180s and averaging 60 odd but really enjoying it. Same as you though. Would love to play other people but hate pubs these days and hate most other people haha. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

World Seniors Masters currently on BT Sport.

Having seen Taylor live many a time over the years averaging 105+ with ease week in week out it's almost surreal watching him currently 3-3 with Deta Hedman averaging around 65.

It's beautiful to watch though as you won't meet a bigger toss pot, but still lol

5 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

World Seniors Masters currently on BT Sport.

Having seen Taylor live many a time over the years averaging 105+ with ease week in week out it's almost surreal watching him currently 3-3 with Deta Hedman averaging around 65.

It's beautiful to watch though as you won't meet a bigger toss pot, but still lol

Watched the previous tournament and he'd gone back to the massive barrels from the 90's, can't see how they are helping.

7 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Watched the previous tournament and he'd gone back to the massive barrels from the 90's, can't see how they are helping.

Yeah  I've got a set of his phase 3's and they are chunky which he's always gone for but I wonder if its to do with him playing a lot of soft tip darts that makes him more comfortable with this size?

No idea tbf as I've never  played soft tip but he must have his reasons.

17 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Get in Rab!!

Crazy how a few years ago nobody would have put a quid on Thornton bearing Taylor, yet tonight it always felt like he was the one to beat.

He got lucky against Wolfie and Taylor.Good to see the power find some form like you I don't like the bloke but it was still sad to see a legend struggling so badly.

14 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Looking to have a dartboard put up in my garage and was just wondering if anyone on here has any recommendations on a good one to get?  I dont mind paying a decent amount aslong as its sturdy and doesn't fall to pieces after 2 weeks. 

Winmau are pretty decent. There’s different quality boards that they do, obviously more you pay the better the board. 
The basic one that Argos do should do the job for you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Looking to have a dartboard put up in my garage and was just wondering if anyone on here has any recommendations on a good one to get?  I dont mind paying a decent amount aslong as its sturdy and doesn't fall to pieces after 2 weeks. 

Absolutely go for Winmau for quality and durability. Unicorn will fall apart on you and scuff up in no time.

I think the Winmau blade 6/7 is the newest, most expensive version but I'm still on the Blade 4 with regular use and still in great condition.

• Like 1

Regarding boards I’ll back up what the previous poster says. Winmau all the way. I’ve got a blade 5 which I’ve recently put up, after hammering my previous blade 5 for two years and tbf it was still okay compared to some u see in pubs but I got a brand new one cheap so replaced it.  Deffo recommend u get the pro boards though as the cheaper ones will have the old fashioned wires and the bounce outs will do your head in. Any of the blade boards will do. 

• 2 months later...

I was there last night. My first ever darts event. Was a good atmosphere until MVG was cruising to victory. I was gutted. The rate he was going it would be over in like 45 mins.

Then the comeback started and the crowd erupted. I cant believe Aspinall didn't make it 4-4. I loved every minute of it. 

Just signed up now for priority tickets for next years World Championships. I would highly recommend going. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...