Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PintsandPyro

Darts

James Maddison, Declan Rice, Charlie Austin and Paul Gallagher are set to star in a special footballers edition of 'Darts At Home' this Sunday to raise money for the NHS.

'Darts At Home: Footballers Special' will be played from 1400 BST on Sunday May 10 as four household name footballers swap their boots for arrows.

Broadcast live on the PDC's YouTube channel, fans will be able to donate vital funds to NHS Charities Together throughout the event.

NHS web banner

The competition is based on the PDC's popular 'Darts At Home' concept, which has seen PDC players around the world playing each other remotely via a live video broadcast.

Sunday will see four of the PDC's most high profile fans from the football world take a rest from training as they battle it out to be crowned English football's top darts player.

England internationals Maddison and Rice, of Leicester City and West Ham United respectively, will go head-to-head in a highly-anticipated opening game of the tournament.

West Bromwich Albion striker Austin and Preston North End's former Scotland midfielder Gallagher will then look to prove their prowess on the oche in their first games of the afternoon.

All the action will be broadcast live on the PDC's YouTube channel, with darts commentator Dan Dawson on hand to run through proceedings, along with live on-screen graphics to enhance the viewing experience.

The tournament will be played in a league format, with all competitors playing each other once over a best-of-three format, and all players beginning each leg on 301 and ending on a double or bullseye.

Darts At Home: Footballers Special Fixtures
Sunday May 10

James Maddison v Declan Rice
Paul Gallagher v Charlie Austin
Declan Rice v Charlie Austin
James Maddison v Paul Gallagher
Paul Gallagher v Declan Rice
Charlie Austin v James Maddison

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

@PAULCFC Did you ever get those darts shirts framed mate? 

Not yet,but picked up another one last week!Looking like i might be furloughed(sp) so it'll give me a bit of time to do the decorating and get the shirts framed.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Not yet,but picked up another one last week!Looking like i might be furloughed(sp) so it'll give me a bit of time to do the decorating and get the shirts framed.

s-l1600.jpg

Good luck with it mate, that Price one is a good one to get your hands on. Saw my Premier League tickets have been pushed back to August - can’t see it being played in front of an audience but my fingers are crossed! 

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Good luck with it mate, that Price one is a good one to get your hands on. Saw my Premier League tickets have been pushed back to August - can’t see it being played in front of an audience but my fingers are crossed! 

I know,got tickets to Sheffield in the PL...Supposed to be finals night now,but i can't see it happening.Have wanted to go to the matchplay in Blackpool for ages and got tickets for that and a Euro Tour in Prague.Can't see any of them happening to be honest!:(

15 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

I know,got tickets to Sheffield in the PL...Supposed to be finals night now,but i can't see it happening.Have wanted to go to the matchplay in Blackpool for ages and got tickets for that and a Euro Tour in Prague.Can't see any of them happening to be honest!:(

Yes I had a ticket for the matchplay as well, was 50/50 as I was back from holiday the day before so was going to see how I felt or let one of the other lads take it. As you say don’t think either of those things will be happening now! 

28 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I've never really understood the soft tip game or why it's preferable/different. But I like how the board does all the scoring for you. 

Sections are slightly bigger so you find scoring is higher, outer and inner bull all counts as 50 (so no 25 for green bit) so you find a lot more bull finishing. Dunno why it would be preferable either tbf, I always thought of it as a tool for people to practise as there’s a bit more room for error. It’s good for the home darts as it’s all interactive. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Anyone watching the summer series.....just players champs over 5 consecutive days really at Milton Keynes.MVG won yesterdays but is out today.Backing Ando or Wright to win today.

Bit of an upset today! He played well did Joyce. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...