Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesDeb

Eating out in London

Yes I know it's a big place, but I'll be staying in King's Cross and going out to the London Eye and I need somewhere lovely to eat that's preferably not a chain, and that won't break the bank. Hopefully it's possible, even in London? Any recommendations would be good, even if it's en route. 

You can't go wrong with Hawksmoor if you like meat. Gilbert Scott is quite nice in the big hotel next to St Pancras if you want something near where you are staying.

A lot of the posher places are just there to swallow money now from tourists and aren't even that good, I went to CUT at Park Lane in the summer and it was woeful given it was £70 for a steak. Tasted like something a Weatherspoons would serve up. 

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

You can't go wrong with Hawksmoor if you like meat. Gilbert Scott is quite nice in the big hotel next to St Pancras if you want something near where you are staying.

A lot of the posher places are just there to swallow money now from tourists and aren't even that good, I went to CUT at Park Lane in the summer and it was woeful given it was £70 for a steak. Tasted like something a Weatherspoons would serve up. 

Hawksmoor have a deal on atm, I think on bookatable, three courses for £30. Really good steak too.

36 minutes ago, MattP said:

I went to CUT in Las Vegas (think it was the MGM) and it was a beautiful steak. Dunno if it's the same company but shame to hear London isn't any good. So many places to get a good steak in London though - defo recommend Hawksmoor. Also Gaucho and heard good things about Goodman.

Loads of the top restaurants (1 and 2 Michelin stars) do fantastic lunch deals, albeit most are midweek. You can get a top class 3 course meal for £30 at many of them. Out of those I would strongly recommend Pollen Street Social, Galvin at Windows and Dinner (the Heston Blumenthal one).

Outside of that Dishoom is all the rage at the min and has been for awhile if you like Indian (there's a branch next to Kings Cross). And if you're willing to go slightly off the beaten track you can get very cheap, quality meals in the likes of Dalston (Turkish) and Aldgate / Whitechapel (Indian).

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes I know it's a big place, but I'll be staying in King's Cross and going out to the London Eye and I need somewhere lovely to eat that's preferably not a chain, and that won't break the bank. 

Don't be ridiculous - quality dining experience is always worth travelling for - and more importantly you get to sample the epicurean delights of Croydon for an evening...

dom-conrad-croydon-copy.jpg.42605b26d9eabdd949174a0191ef7faf.jpg

4 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes I know it's a big place, but I'll be staying in King's Cross and going out to the London Eye and I need somewhere lovely to eat that's preferably not a chain, and that won't break the bank. Hopefully it's possible, even in London? Any recommendations would be good, even if it's en route. 

Try this Deb - The Northall or Massimo restaurant at the 5 star Corinthia Hotel.

https://www.corinthia.com/en/hotels/london/dining/restaurants/the-northall

I used to do some work with them and they're both beautiful places to eat and not ridiculous London prices - about £50 per head for a 3 course meal

The Corinthia is directly opposite the London Eye over the bridge, 2 mins from Embankment tube station 

18 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Try this Deb - The Northall or Massimo restaurant at the 5 star Corinthia Hotel.

https://www.corinthia.com/en/hotels/london/dining/restaurants/the-northall

I used to do some work with them and they're both beautiful places to eat and not ridiculous London prices - about £50 per head for a 3 course meal

The Corinthia is directly opposite the London Eye over the bridge, 2 mins from Embankment tube station 

Thank you, it looks perfect. The Northall has a theatre menu which looks great and it's right near where we will be :)

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Thank you, it looks perfect. The Northall has a theatre menu which looks great and it's right near where we will be :)

It's beautiful Deb. And make sure you check out the 1000 crystal chandelier in the lobby.

If you're prepared to push the boat out just a little for a special night, you'll be delighted.

The wine is quite expensive though so you might want to stick with the house white (which is still great)

Tell the Exec chef Adriano that Izzy says Hi :P

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It's beautiful Deb. And make sure you check out the 1000 crystal chandelier in the lobby.

If you're prepared to push the boat out just a little for a special night, you'll be delighted.

The wine is quite expensive though so you might want to stick with the house white (which is still great)

Tell the Exec chef Adriano that Izzy says Hi :P

I would love to say Hi from you, but I'm guessing he wouldn't have a clue who I meant :P. Very excited now! 

Archived