Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

The Iborra Thread

Jury is still out with that lad, next month will be the real test imho.

I am not expecting him to shine against a rampant ManCity side but the run of games against the spurs, burnley and the bar-codes in four weeks from now will either way expose him or reveal his inner quality.

3 hours ago, Callabinho said:

He’s always going to take a few games to adapt, it took Cambiasso a fair few games to really settle. He shows moments of real class, little dummies and false passes which just throws his opposition off enough to give himself enough time to pick a pass. Really like him, once he’s settled he will be a cult hero. 

cambiasso came on at half time against stoke and by the 46th minute was already obviously the best player in the league tbf. 

glad to hear iborra’s getting better cos let’s face it he was awful in his first few games. we have been missing a calm head with a touch of class in the middle alongside ndidi, whether it be iborra or Silva doesn’t really bother me. and both for the big games. we could actually end up looking quite good. 

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

cambiasso came on at half time against stoke and by the 46th minute was already obviously the best player in the league tbf. 

glad to hear iborra’s getting better cos let’s face it he was awful in his first few games. we have been missing a calm head with a touch of class in the middle alongside ndidi, whether it be iborra or Silva doesn’t really bother me. and both for the big games. we could actually end up looking quite good. 

Cambiasso was the 'best player in the Premiership', is what you are suggesting?

Oh dear..

I know you completely dismissed Iborra far too early but personally I'm still unsure. We'll have to see when he's up against a quick opposition midfield. Same as with Cambiasso to be fair.

Iborra is a class act. He has given the whole team a bit more direction, and calmness, constantly talking to those around him, and the leader we have been missing out in the middle of the park. He is helping Ndidi massively, and will be perfect for Silva to play alongside. The signs are looking good for January, Silva will need a few games o get up to speed, but this could give us a huge boost. Shakey must be cursing the fact that he wasn't ready a few weeks early, if he had been Shakey might still have been in a job. Anyhow, Iborra is going to prove to be a top signing.

Archived