Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

The Iborra Thread

Just now, Strokes said:

Looking forwards to motd tonight, i was a bit concerned we'd had our pants pulled down with this guy. So i hope he is as good as you lot say he was.

Not a performance that will show up much on the highlights tbh. Just a lot of smart reading of the game, intelligent little passes to start the play and general calm influence. 

He looked very assured on the ball to me.  Picked the right moments to play the ball, casually moved around but in a clever way, made himself available for passes and generally went about his business in a very calm and collected way.

Give him another 5 games and I think he will really start to show what he's fully capable of.

Decent. 

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Looking forwards to motd tonight, i was a bit concerned we'd had our pants pulled down with this guy. So i hope he is as good as you lot say he was.

He made mistakes, but they were one or two wayward passes, the rest of the match he literally did control the middle ground, dominated the future world beater Renato Sanches that’s for sure.

9 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

This was the biggest thing I noticed barking  instructions and pointing to where he wanted other players to be . 

Exactly. He's been there, done it & got the trophies to prove it. We've not had a leader like that since Cambiasso. His experience is so influential & will improve the players around him. U can already see how N'didi is a completely different player with Iborra's guidance 

Dropped in the build up which isn't something I've seen many of our players do under Shakespeare, possibly Appleton's instructions or Iborra taking it upon himself but it definitely helped our ball circulation and progression. Used the ball very well however I'm slightly concerned about him playing in a two as he's very immobile, unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Dropped in the build up which isn't something I've seen many of our players do under Shakespeare, possibly Appleton's instructions or Iborra taking it upon himself but it definitely helped our ball circulation and progression. Used the ball very well however I'm slightly concerned about him playing in a two as he's very immobile, unfortunately.

Come January we shouldn’t be playing 442, imo :) 

Just now, SheppyFox said:

Come January we shouldn’t be playing 442, imo :) 

It's our most suitable system but in more difficult games we can't play Iborra because he can't cover the ground well enough. A central three of N'Didi, Iborra and Silva would be balanced but it doesn't Vardy when he plays as a lone striker.

2 minutes ago, Wookie said:

It's our most suitable system but in more difficult games we can't play Iborra because he can't cover the ground well enough. A central three of N'Didi, Iborra and Silva would be balanced but it doesn't Vardy when he plays as a lone striker.

Vardy wouldn’t be essential if we can pass properly and build attacks surely?

10 minutes ago, Albert said:

Exactly. He's been there, done it & got the trophies to prove it. We've not had a leader like that since Cambiasso. His experience is so influential & will improve the players around him. U can already see how N'didi is a completely different player with Iborra's guidance 

Yep totally agree . I think a lot of people forget how young N’didi  is and add to that the fact he has so far played with an out of form Drinkwater a coming back from injury James and the  not so world class Andy King . Hopefully playing alongside Iborra some of his experience can guide him and after a few games together form some sort of understanding. 

Just now, SheppyFox said:

Vardy wouldn’t be essential if we can pass properly and build attacks surely?

No, but he's our best forward. Slimani is probably best suited to leading the line in a 442 so 451 doesn't benefit him either. Iborra and Silva as a duo could be a winner.

Watching him today, there were shades of Cambiasso. Always made himself available and instant, accurate passing. (but it was only Swansea!)

Sent from my Fusion5_108 (16GB) using Tapatalk

Reminded me very much of Cambiasso in the performance he put on. He seemed to have time on the ball, even under pressure and was always available for a pass. He made the game look simple, nothing fancy from him but he was able to bring others into the game. He could be a massive influence over the rest of the season and should be very influential on the likes of Ndidi. A class act.

39 minutes ago, Wookie said:

No, but he's our best forward. Slimani is probably best suited to leading the line in a 442 so 451 doesn't benefit him either. Iborra and Silva as a duo could be a winner.

What would be ideal for 433? Vardy Nacho Mahrez? 

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

This was the biggest thing I noticed barking  instructions and pointing to where he wanted other players to be . 

He was captain of Sevilla...and  someone being vocal is what we have needed for sometime...Wes leads by example by putting his body on the line but i never seeing him

shouting at or geeing up our other players

Archived