Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

The Iborra Thread

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

Moved.the ball much quicker. What was Shaky telling him???.(apart from move the ball slowly) 

He only started one game under CS in the league - I assume his fitness is improving all the time. It makes a difference when someone composed on the ball plays it simple, quickly and effectively.  It will take a bit of time to pick up the pace of the league aswell. He should continue to improve. 

7 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Visit FT when we win, but avoid when we lose, is my advice then!

Yea, I got that Trav. It was a bit of the old hippy coming out yesterday.

Back to reality today   :thumbup:

Back to Iborra, hope this is the start of a bright 3 or 4 years for the guy.

BUT.......... What do you do when Silva's cleared to play. We can't drop Ndidi  ?

6 hours ago, Collymore said:

Moved.the ball much quicker. What was Shaky telling him???.(apart from move the ball slowly) 

It's a lot easier to make quick forward passes against a team leaving space than it is West Brom with everyone behind the ball and not interested in attacking.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

It's a lot easier to make quick forward passes against a team leaving space than it is West Brom with everyone behind the ball and not interested in attacking.

thought that too, the way WBA were playing on monday night they was looking to hold out for a point no matter what given thw amount of defensive minded players they had on the pitch

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

thought that too, the way WBA were playing on monday night they was looking to hold out for a point no matter what given thw amount of defensive minded players they had on the pitch

Boring West Brom have gone back to being boring West Brom. Their performances against us and Southampton were vintage Pulis. I thought he'd abandoned the plan of 11 behind the ball and clinging on for a draw but I guess he's just reverted to type.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Boring West Brom have gone back to being boring West Brom. Their performances against us and Southampton were vintage Pulis. I thought he'd abandoned the plan of 11 behind the ball and clinging on for a draw but I guess he's just reverted to type.

Are you feeling a bit less despondent?

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

They do their thing.... they do it well.  It's not my cup if tea... but their fans  had years of ping pong between the prem and the championship.  I guess they've settled for it

28 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

They do their thing.... they do it well.  It's not my cup if tea... but their fans  had years of ping pong between the prem and the championship.  I guess they've settled for it

you have to feel kind of sorry for the WBA fans though watching them performances and such, i cant imagine some of our fans liking it if we did that tbh

On Irorra, hopefully he can continue the good form into the Everton game, but it will be tough tho given the way Everton pack the midfield  

46 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Their fans detest it... you have to ask really, what's the point? Great, you finish midtable every year watching awful football. I'd rather have some ups and downs and drama.

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Their fans detest it... you have to ask really, what's the point? Great, you finish midtable every year watching awful football. I'd rather have some ups and downs and drama.

Aye, same here. They must be one of the most pointless teams to follow in existence

Are you all mental?  "Much better than he has been" "He looks a different player", etc.  This was his second full league game after an injury, a new country and a new system.  Anyone saying things like that just judged him too early.  He looked great yesterday, I thought he showed promise previously but if we all were a bit more reasonable, stopped jumping to conclusions too quickly we would all be a lot happier.  He clearly cannot be fully assessed until at least ten or so matches but he certainly looks to have a bit of class.  Keep it up big man. X

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

This is true but nevertheless I thought he was very good yesterday.

Shinji had one of his better games, buzzing around; some periods involved some one touch pass and move; we’ve not seen us play that type of football for 12 months or more I don’t think. Having that mobility and intensity of play as opposed to Nacho standing still made a big difference also.

At times it was a total turnaround in that we had 5 men busting a gut to get forward.

One swalllow does not a summer make, but a much more proactive and positive performance gives a little hope, and makes one wonder more what Shakespeare was playing at notwithstanding the fact Swansea are very poor.

Fearful, safety first football doesn’t suit this side, and he’s been here long enough to know that. He did a lot of talking about getting on the front foot but for maybe 14 games in a row, couldn’t make it happen.

On 10/22/2017 at 08:38, foxinsocks said:

Don't think they have, talking to a mate today and a lot of them are fed up with it and Pullis is killing the club. Maybe 4000 empty seats at home and he reminded me that last time i went to a game with him, FA cup at leicester, they filled the family stand and the away end, compare that to last week. He'd prefer to be a yo yo club again cos at least it was exciting every couple of years, playing derby matches etc, what do they have now, playing for mid table with no rivalries whatsoever.

On 22/10/2017 at 10:26, RumbleFox said:

Are you all mental?  "Much better than he has been" "He looks a different player", etc.  This was his second full league game after an injury, a new country and a new system.  Anyone saying things like that just judged him too early.  He looked great yesterday, I thought he showed promise previously but if we all were a bit more reasonable, stopped jumping to conclusions too quickly we would all be a lot happier.  He clearly cannot be fully assessed until at least ten or so matches but he certainly looks to have a bit of class.  Keep it up big man. X

It took Cambiasso a good portion of the season to get his arse in gear so I’m with you on this. 

On 10/21/2017 at 23:00, SheppyFox said:

What would be ideal for 433? Vardy Nacho Mahrez? 

Actually Mahrez Vardy Gray is something I'd fancy. But still options for Slim (for Vardy) and Nacho (for Gray). 4-3-3 with Silva in january is the way to go.

Can't wait to see him play versus Everton. He's got calmness, composure, good reading of the game, good passing, great physical strength and can tackle. Just lacking some pace, but in the last two games he has that knack of always looking like he has tons of time and space on the ball that the very best players have.

Still early into his career, but it's no coincidence that two of our best performances of the season have been where he's played brilliantly. 

Can't wait for Silva / Iborra in January. Throw in Ndidi too for some more energy with Mahrez and Gray on the wings. It could be awesome!!!

Archived