Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

The Iborra Thread

He’s always going to take a few games to adapt, it took Cambiasso a fair few games to really settle. He shows moments of real class, little dummies and false passes which just throws his opposition off enough to give himself enough time to pick a pass. Really like him, once he’s settled he will be a cult hero. 

Class yesterday, despite 2 or 3 misplaced passes and the missed chance.

His fitness is improving- he put in plenty of challenges and kept up with counterattacks for the full match.

Just seems to have so much time on the ball, even with 2 players around him.

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The only problem i can see is how we are going to fit Ibora, Silva and Ndidi into the starting eleven.

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Maguire Chilwell

Iborra Ndidi

Mahrez Silva Gray 

Vardy

Silva with the through balls to Gray Mahrez and Vardy :schlupp:

Some of his little touches and turns to buy time as top class, quality shines through. Yes he made a few mistakes and at times he and N'didi struggled to pick up the 75 players Everton have to play off the striker, but that's what happens when outnumbered.

Would still worry about top quality teams, but as I said about James when he was getting slated, it's what we do in the games against Swansea, Everton, Brighton etc that matter the most not Arsenal and United away.

The guys only been here for a few months and played what, 4 full games, only two at premier level, because the last waste of space wouldnt play him?

Some players you watch and know that they possess the basic abilities in abundance and despite our mentality in this country of believing those abilities include height, stregnth and pace the true determination of a good football player is their ability to read and understand the game. 

I think its clear Iborra is a quality player who within time can be one of the most accomplished midfielders this club has seen. 

22 minutes ago, somebum said:

The guys only been here for a few months and played what, 4 full games, only two at premier level, because the last waste of space wouldnt play him?

Some players you watch and know that they possess the basic abilities in abundance and despite our mentality in this country of believing those abilities include height, stregnth and pace the true determination of a good football player is their ability to read and understand the game. 

I think its clear Iborra is a quality player who within time can be one of the most accomplished midfielders this club has seen. 

because he was recovering from a groin injury?

11 minutes ago, somebum said:

Fully fit for Bournemouth but didnt play him. Anyway you are right as always and im wrong. Wouldnt want another banlol

Fully fit for West Brom and played him.

He missed the end of preseason and what was it the first 5 or 6 games with injury. He was then terrible against Liverpool when he did make his debut. So not exactly a shock he didn't start the next games really! Could that be because he wasn't actually fully fit? He was a mess against Liverpool and so far off the pace it was laughable.

Ahhh the old "wouldn't want another ban", if you've been banned it's had nothing to do with me, but everything to do with you.

Iborra reads the game and seems to anticipate well. This and the fact he is so composed lead to some posters suggesting a lack of energy. The forward runs yesterday debunked that myth, in addition to the chance late in the game,which he struggled to get out from under his feet, he also kept up with the Gray run and was in the box when Riyad’s cross was delivered. There were a couple of loose passes yesterday so still room for improvement. It is no surprise,however,that our recent improvement has coincided with Vicente’s inclusion and recovery from injury.

I like the way his instinct after making a pass is to immediately get into space.

He releases the ball quickly and immediately takes a few steps to get into a pocket of space so as to be available to receive the ball again.

He must have a hell of a convincing presence, too, as he started telling teammates where to move from his very first game v. Liverpool - and they were accepting it.

You'd think that if most newcomers started giving instructions in their first match, there'd be a "who do you think you are?" reaction, especially in a team with a few strong and experienced personalities.

Room for improvement with passing accuracy, but already an important player - and with plenty of potential to improve yet.

I couldn't believe he came from behind Okazaki to get on the end of Vardy's cross in the second half. Unfortunately it didn't sit up very well for him.

No idea why Shinji wasn't busting a gut to get in there as well.

Incredibly impressed with him though, very clever football brain, always talking to his team mates and just looks great on the ball. 

First time i've had chance to see him against proper PL opposition (aka not in the cup) albeit on TV. 

Thing that impressed me the most was that he was always available for a simple pass, and was always looking up and looking to move it on quickly to build an attack, rather than hanging on to it and slowing down the play. That did lead to a few misplaced passes but overall i thought he looked class and will be a big player for us this year.

Have to say after the Liverpool cup match I thought he looked way too slow and awkward to compete in Premier League.

He is showing that the more he gets up to speed the more class he adds to the midfield. Has the turning speed of a barge but has more game intelligence than the rest of the team put together. Come January and him and Silva could form a partnership that dominates games.

42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Fully fit for West Brom and played him.

He missed the end of preseason and what was it the first 5 or 6 games with injury. He was then terrible against Liverpool when he did make his debut. So not exactly a shock he didn't start the next games really! Could that be because he wasn't actually fully fit? He was a mess against Liverpool and so far off the pace it was laughable.

Ahhh the old "wouldn't want another ban", if you've been banned it's had nothing to do with me, but everything to do with you.

lol bless you

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I couldn't believe he came from behind Okazaki to get on the end of Vardy's cross in the second half. Unfortunately it didn't sit up very well for him.

No idea why Shinji wasn't busting a gut to get in there as well.

Incredibly impressed with him though, very clever football brain, always talking to his team mates and just looks great on the ball. 

He was also our other man in the box when Vardy scored. I’m liking him. 

Archived