Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Fortnite Battle Royale

9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Massive update this week. 10 new locations being added to the map. All on the west side of the map

I usually always land on the western side and get a decent amount of loot before engaging in fights. Need somewhere new now! 

Looking forward to the new maps though.

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Yeah this Thursday is the big map update - looks great. It's amazing how many updates and how quickly bugs are fixed considering it's a free game. 

Here is what the new map is gonna look like. 

ec7oxus7z8a01.jpg

I think I will be landing mainly north of tomato town/wailing woods going off this. The area around Loot Lake/Tilted Towers will be mental. 

38 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I think I will be landing mainly north of tomato town/wailing woods going off this. The area around Loot Lake/Tilted Towers will be mental. 

All about the prison (H,8). Place will be deserted when the new update hits. When im in a squad with my mates we tend to go to the house at SW (A,6), doubt we will go there anymore lol 

Edited by kingcarr21

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Me and my mates usually drop B1 and work our way down the left or across the north coast. Absolutely love this game, especially when you consider it cost nothing. Excited for the update

im working from home but just had a blast for an hour whilst waiting for emails haha. Im loving it more and more I play it. Think im still a bit away from my first solo win as my building skills are poor so when im in the final I get smashed. Cant wait to see what the update does to the balance of the game

Just now, kingcarr21 said:

im working from home but just had a blast for an hour whilst waiting for emails haha. Im loving it more and more I play it. Think im still a bit away from my first solo win as my building skills are poor so when im in the final I get smashed. Cant wait to see what the update does to the balance of the game

I’ve got 5 wins from about 600 games mate so don’t worry. The buzz you get from your first win is the best. I’m not the best builder either tbh, I just try to avoid conflict for as long as possible and then sneak a win

Played 5 or 6 games last night and in all but one game I couldn't help but land near someone else (a couple of times unknowingly) and every time I was frantically looking for a weapon and got eliminated in the process. The other match I lasted a while but was busy smashing a building down for resources and didn't realise someone with a shotgun had sneaked in an shot me

Do people jump out the bus at first opportunity or is it best to wait and then jump out?

44 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Played 5 or 6 games last night and in all but one game I couldn't help but land near someone else (a couple of times unknowingly) and every time I was frantically looking for a weapon and got eliminated in the process. The other match I lasted a while but was busy smashing a building down for resources and didn't realise someone with a shotgun had sneaked in an shot me

Do people jump out the bus at first opportunity or is it best to wait and then jump out?

Usually I mark somewhere on the map where there aren't any places with names and raid the small houses. I never jump out until about half way over the map. If you use your glider early you can see who else is landing around your area and move if required. 

Also a tip, don't bother smashing buildings down, the resources you get are rubbish compared to smashing a tree, lorry or rock. It'll save you time!

Edited by lgfualol
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Two games in and I'm horrifically bad at this haha

You will be, its no surprise. Just keep playing and you will soon pick it up, mix up going to busy places to practise fighting and going to secluded places to get a feel for the map, surroundings and picking up loot. 

For a free game its brilliant

22 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

For a free game its brilliant

This, can't understand why they aren't charging for it.

Played a few more games yesterday and did ok with surviving for long periods but I always make the mistake of building/looking for resources and not checking if anyone's following me. By the time I've been shot and remembered what to press to select a weapon it's usually too late lol

1 minute ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

This, can't understand why they aren't charging for it.

Played a few more games yesterday and did ok with surviving for long periods but I always make the mistake of building/looking for resources and not checking if anyone's following me. By the time I've been shot and remembered what to press to select a weapon it's usually too late lol

Me and a mate played Duo last night and won 2 games in a row, couldn't believe it. I was a sniper king last night. We managed to build some little towers so we are getting better. Im updating it now as the new map update is live now. Servers are down though so looks like they are having some problems

6 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Me and a mate played Duo last night and won 2 games in a row, couldn't believe it. I was a sniper king last night. We managed to build some little towers so we are getting better. Im updating it now as the new map update is live now. Servers are down though so looks like they are having some problems

Ah damn, the missus is working nights at the moment so I'm actually getting to play my Xbox in the evenings. Hope it's sorted by tonight!

How big is the update (GB)?

9 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Ah damn, the missus is working nights at the moment so I'm actually getting to play my Xbox in the evenings. Hope it's sorted by tonight!

How big is the update (GB)?

1.4GB. I also had a software update for the PS4 but that was only a few minutes.

Just played twice as my boy loves me playing the single player but we've exhausted our interest in that content for now. He wanted me to play the battle royale with him (he's nearly 6, so not able to compete himself)

Turns out I'm just as able to compete. We jump early, descend quickly, and before we've even landed people are shooting at us whilst we're in the air. How? I don't get it? Am I falling slower than others somehow?

Anyway, will revisit it but my boy has decided 'Daddy is rubbish' and gone back to Lego Jurassic Park.

Will be up for doing squads at some point and you might even be able to help me improve my game! PS4 btw/.

8 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Just played twice as my boy loves me playing the single player but we've exhausted our interest in that content for now. He wanted me to play the battle royale with him (he's nearly 6, so not able to compete himself)

Turns out I'm just as able to compete. We jump early, descend quickly, and before we've even landed people are shooting at us whilst we're in the air. How? I don't get it? Am I falling slower than others somehow?

Anyway, will revisit it but my boy has decided 'Daddy is rubbish' and gone back to Lego Jurassic Park.

Will be up for doing squads at some point and you might even be able to help me improve my game! PS4 btw/.

Maybe you’re deploying your glider too early or not pointing downwards?

Its a difficult game tbh and it seems even harder since the update but you can have loads of fun with it. Squads might be the easiest way to get used to it

9 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

People jump straight away and aim for the water. That way u can pull ur glider out later so u land quicker. Gives u precious seconds before most of the other people land. Can make all the difference. Just keep playing and dying. Go to busy places. U will soon pick it up

Playing with squads now and generally enjoying it more and surviving longer. The only thing is some teammates aim for busy areas so you don't know if you're going to last 10 seconds or 10 minutes.

Lasted till the top 6 last night, took out 3 people in succession with an assault rifle, wasn't killed until I was reviving a team-mate and could have sworn the coast was clear. Brilliant game

1 minute ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Playing with squads now and generally enjoying it more and surviving longer. The only thing is some teammates aim for busy areas so you don't know if you're going to last 10 seconds or 10 minutes.

Lasted till the top 6 last night, took out 3 people in succession with an assault rifle, wasn't killed until I was reviving a team-mate and could have sworn the coast was clear. Brilliant game

Find yourself a good squad and you can be sorted. Me and a mate played a squad with someone off Foxestalk (ManlikeWalshy) last night and we had a good laugh. Shame you are on Xbox. A headset and 3 friends and Squad is a blast.

Yesterday I won 2 games in a row again. 1 Duo and 1 Squad. Me and my mate in the squad game where paired together and had no other teammates so it was 2 vs 4. My mate died so it was me vs 4. I managed to hide my way and there were 3 people left so me vs 2 around the Dusty Depot. Managed to pick up a gold Scar and get both of them from a distance for the win. Still cant get that Solo win but I normally play squad or duo so not sure I will ever get a solo win lol 

Still not really gave building a proper go. Would sooner build a simple box with stairs and try and snipe people