Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Fortnite Battle Royale

Came 2nd last night (first time), and could so easily have won had I made a better decision at the end

3 left (including me), tiny safe zone. Hear gun fire from a shortish distance away so I creep out of cover to see some guy jumping around with a rocket launcher and another shooting at him with an assault rifle. I pulled out a purple SCAR and downed the guy with the assault rifle. The bazooka twat got me instantly while I was switching weapon. Can't believe I didn't just let them get on with it and kill the remaining person while they were presumably trying to apply a medkit

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Came 2nd last night (first time), and could so easily have won had I made a better decision at the end

3 left (including me), tiny safe zone. Hear gun fire from a shortish distance away so I creep out of cover to see some guy jumping around with a rocket launcher and another shooting at him with an assault rifle. I pulled out a purple SCAR and downed the guy with the assault rifle. The bazooka twat got me instantly while I was switching weapon. Can't believe I didn't just let them get on with it and kill the remaining person while they were presumably trying to apply a medkit

Sounds like you've got the right idea's and you'll execute them next time! 

We must learn from our mistakes

• Like 1

Came 2nd last night. Really should have won though. I had gold scar and was in a tower but the other person threw grenades then finished me off when I was on the ground. I hit him with 1 bullet from gold scar which took 30 health off him and it wasn't blue so he had no shield. I had 75 shield and 100 health but I must have had a brain fart cause my aim was all over the place. Just couldn't hit him. Oh well

3 hours ago, TheRealWalshy5 said:

Sounds like you've got the right idea's and you'll execute them next time! 

We must learn from our mistakes

Excellent, yeah I definitely learnt from that one

My usual gameplan usually takes me quite far into a game, but my shooting tends to let me down so I'm more of an evader/scavenger rather than getting stuck in. I had another game where I got to the last 5 but everyone had built massive towers and I was still trying to sneak in. Got caught in the storm and didn't realise that by the end-game it saps your health much quicker than at the start, and I died in seconds

32 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Excellent, yeah I definitely learnt from that one

My usual gameplan usually takes me quite far into a game, but my shooting tends to let me down so I'm more of an evader/scavenger rather than getting stuck in. I had another game where I got to the last 5 but everyone had built massive towers and I was still trying to sneak in. Got caught in the storm and didn't realise that by the end-game it saps your health much quicker than at the start, and I died in seconds

I would never have the time to build one of these ridiculous towers towards the end of the game! Some people really are incredible at building on this game, it would take me a good minute or two to make it a half decent one like what these crazy professionals build.

Must practice!! 

18 minutes ago, TheRealWalshy5 said:

I would never have the time to build one of these ridiculous towers towards the end of the game! Some people really are incredible at building on this game, it would take me a good minute or two to make it a half decent one like what these crazy professionals build.

Must practice!! 

I was part of a team of 3 that built a great big one with a huge sniper tower, I even had the foresight to put a platform in the middle and put a few spare potions, bandages and grenades on. Trouble is, the spot we'd put it in was largely clear except for a few trees that none of us had a chance to chop down. Someone sneaked through and shot the bottom of the tower out while his mate flanked us while we were making our way down. Fair play, the better team won

...but it was a marvellous fort while it lasted!

Ive probably played 8 games of this on solo and I’m yet to get a kill lol any tips for a newb? I tend to make it into the top 50 without actually firing a shot or seeing anyone.... as soon as I see some1 it’s pretty much nailed on I’ll be taking the L lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

Ive probably played 8 games of this on solo and I’m yet to get a kill lol any tips for a newb? I tend to make it into the top 50 without actually firing a shot or seeing anyone.... as soon as I see some1 it’s pretty much nailed on I’ll be taking the L lol 

Clearly you aren't fighting enough. To start with I would go to the busiest place and get used to fighting. Go to a major place, find a weapon and go looking for people. Die and repeat. Once you have got yourself some kills and the feeling of fighting then you can start jumping out the bus and go somewhere far away (keep pressing X to spam across the map, if you are PS4 that is) to get used to looting buildings, knowing where chests/ammo boxes appear. Stick with it. Maybe play a squad game and follow your team mates. Watch how they play.

Also watch youtube beginner videos. You can learn a lot from youtubers that will give you some handy tips.

My main tip would be to stick with it. Doesn't matter if you die just go into another game. You will be surprised how quick the game goes from 'ughh dead again' to 'Yes killed him and he has a Gold Scar'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Not too sure on the sniper shootout. Find it a touch boring. Think it would have been better without revolvers. Just running around sniping and no scoping at close quarters would have been much more fun. I think lol 

I played one game of it and it was incredible. We had 4 squads with towers in a small circle all firing at each other. Then the storm came in and we all stormed the biggest tower, firing revolvers at each other. Somehow we won and it felt great. 

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

Practice shooting before the bus takes off. Try to land on the roof of a house and smash your way into the attic - more than half the time they contain a treasure chest with good weapons/armour potion in, which immediately put you at an advantage. If you've only got standard grey weapons, don't start a fight unless you have to, as the rarer weapons are far more powerful. Standard pistol is useless, don't bother keeping them unless you can't find any other weapons. Green tactical shotguns are common as muck and good to keep handy as you inspect a building. If you suspect there may be someone else inside, creep - makes far less noise

Here's a tip:

800px-FortniteBattleRoyaleMapUpdate.jpg

Try to land at the standalone house, just west of Pleasant Park, C3. There's a hill that separates it from Pleasant Park - no-one ever lands there when I go for it, and there's always a treasure chest or two in there. Also plenty of trees nearby, so you'll have bags of time to collect weapons and resources before you have to get moving.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

New crossbow weapon added today with infinite ammo. Not found it yet but it’s rare and epic rarity 

Found one this evening - I'm terrible with snipers but I landed a body shot on someone and it does decent damage. The best part was he had no idea where he was being shot from and started pacing about while I switched to assault rifle to finish the job. If you find one they're worth hanging on to

Minigun... Weird one. It's great for tearing down a fort - especially while someone's panic building, but the spray is so bad it's really hard to kill with above shotgun distance. Oddly I still get excited when I find one, even though I know I'll be lucky to get a kill with it

Anyone think the SCAR is rarer now? I haven't found one in days

10 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Found one this evening - I'm terrible with snipers but I landed a body shot on someone and it does decent damage. The best part was he had no idea where he was being shot from and started pacing about while I switched to assault rifle to finish the job. If you find one they're worth hanging on to

Minigun... Weird one. It's great for tearing down a fort - especially while someone's panic building, but the spray is so bad it's really hard to kill with above shotgun distance. Oddly I still get excited when I find one, even though I know I'll be lucky to get a kill with it

Anyone think the SCAR is rarer now? I haven't found one in days

I hate the mini gun, the aiming is weird with it and you end up just missing. Luckily I have survived a few run-ins because the other person has used a mini gun. 

My friend found 3 scars from chests in one game of Squad last night. I haven't found one in ages though.