Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Fortnite Battle Royale

2nd time this has happened - the screen flashes, I hear the health depletion sound and I've lost 100 shield and 25 health. I was inside a building with no one else, no way I've been shot, been well outside the storm and couldn't see a floor trap... What might that be? Glitch, like floor trap just not displaying or been sniped 5 seconds earlier snd lag has caused the damage to show up really late?

Edit: just read up, probably a Ceiling Zapper. I've never heard about this trap, never found one. Shit.

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

19 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Just watching a live twitch of this and I have to say it looks utter pig shit in comparison to Pubg. What an appallng knock off. I'm surprised it doesn't a breach copyright.

FBR > PUBG. Not even in the same leagues. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Just watching a live twitch of this and I have to say it looks utter pig shit in comparison to Pubg. What an appallng knock off. I'm surprised it doesn't a breach copyright.

PUBG looks shocking. The frame rate alone makes me never want to play it. And PUBG uses the Fortnite engine so if any breach of copyright it would be by PUBG

Edited by foxfanazer

5 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Love the game.

Unfortunately I'm terrible at it. 0 wins.

I might get on later if anyone wants adding?

Just keep playing and playing. Took me ages to get my first win but when it comes you get so much more confident. I’m not the best builder on there but a two tier 1x1 building is more than enough protection and height to win a gun fight

4 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Don't let the looks fool you - it's not to be taken seriously but it is tense as anything. The gameplay is also really good for a free game, I haven't enjoyed a new game like this in years.

I really dislike the building mechanics, they sap the fun out of a game once you get to the point where everybody's got enough supplies to build a castle and 90% of the gunfights become battles of who can build to high ground faster, may as well remove all scenery at the 5 minute mark.given how redundant it becomes.  At first I thought I my problem was simply being new and not used to it but having reached the point where I'm comfortable building at a moment's notice I'm simply not enjoying the fights, it's a shame because like people say it is for the most part pretty decent for a free game I just don't see how so many people find the excessively formulaic gameplay fun.

9 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I really dislike the building mechanics, they sap the fun out of a game once you get to the point where everybody's got enough supplies to build a castle and 90% of the gunfights become battles of who can build to high ground faster, may as well remove all scenery at the 5 minute mark.given how redundant it becomes.  At first I thought I my problem was simply being new and not used to it but having reached the point where I'm comfortable building at a moment's notice I'm simply not enjoying the fights, it's a shame because like people say it is for the most part pretty decent for a free game I just don't see how so many people find the excessively formulaic gameplay fun.

But it adds more tactics. I'll only really build to get to places or for cover, but I scour everywhere for higher powered weapons. If you've got a minigun or rocket/grenade launcher you can take down a fort in seconds

15 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

As someone who played PUBG for 4/5 months before Fortnite was released (I've not played it since) they really are different games, they share the same genre (Battle Royale) but the comparisons stop there, if anything- PUBG is more of a H1z1 ripoff. 

In regards to breaching copyright, PUBG runs off the game engine that's designed by the people who made Fortnite, I very much doubt they want to piss them off lol

17 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

As someone who played PUBG for 4/5 months before Fortnite was released (I've not played it since) they really are different games, they share the same genre (Battle Royale) but the comparisons stop there, if anything- PUBG is more of a H1z1 ripoff. 

In regards to breaching copyright, PUBG runs off the game engine that's designed by the people who made Fortnite, I very much doubt they want to piss them off lol

Also, the Battle Royale genre (I really don't know who did it first) is basically just a relatively new mode that can be implemented into any 1st/3rd person shooter - it's only that PUBG seems to be the first high profile game to revolve around it. It can be argued that Fortnite is more original as it incorporates crafting, so there's a lot to think about

Did [whoever first made Team Deathmatch mode] kick up a stink the next time a game featuring Team Deathmatch mode was made?

3 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

But it adds more tactics. I'll only really build to get to places or for cover, but I scour everywhere for higher powered weapons. If you've got a minigun or rocket/grenade launcher you can take down a fort in seconds

It really doesn't, it gives the illusion of more tactics while homogenising the gameplay.

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

It really doesn't, it gives the illusion of more tactics while homogenising the gameplay.

Well I made it to the last two yesterday against someone who'd obviously spent 5-10 minutes making a massive fort. He only beat me because he had more shield left, but I'd taken out his fort in seconds with a minigun and he was forced to slide down a cliff at me to take me out. If you've got a rocket launcher and have any idea where someone's hiding in a fort then you can win easily. The fort building adds a dynamic but it alone won't determine who wins the game

9 minutes ago, Ross-Kemp said:

Playing squads last night, never won a game before.

We won 3 games in a row. Was well chuffed :cool:

Squad wins are great, especially if it’s with your mates. You wait until you get that first solo win, I celebrated mine like I would a Leicester goal lol

• Haha 1

Had my best game earlier and still only came 2nd (7 kills), took third place out with a grenade launcher who was hiding in a tiny fort. Used a chug jug even though I was on about 75 health and 75 shield and got taken out while I was using it. Up to that final 10 seconds I'd spent the entire match spinning the camera round to make sure the coast was always clear, no idea why I thought it was safe or necessary to waste 15 seconds at such a crucial time. Bellend.