Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rincewind

LRI again.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Get well soon Ken, hopefully be out for Christmas, sure you will be.

He's out now Matt, keep up.

Ken curcuma is the secret and expresso coffee for the constipation.

4 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Took the first load. Have to carry a card for one called xarelto. Just read on the card it should be taken with food does water count as food? 

Is Xarelto also called Rivoraxaban? If so, then that's a blood thinner along the lines of, but not as dangerous as, Warfarin. Food is required, it needn't be much, maybe just a round of toast to assist with it being digested without the risk of causing some bleeding in the stomach. (I think I'm right. Bryn is the one who'd know best)

22 hours ago, sylofox said:

When they say short stay ward is it closer to the car park or the morgue?

lollol get well soon.

16 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Thanks for all the good wishes. I am out now with a bag of daily medication which is on going.Heart rate blood thinning and constipation  just 3. Only had the problems when ill. Was not eating much so never passed much.

Car park was closer then lollol

I've only just seen this as I'm mainly on the football threads. Get well soon Rincewind. I miss your football posts. I was thinking and laughing about your dinosaur poem the other day actually!

Edited by Foxxed

On 10/12/2017 at 19:50, Rincewind said:

Thanks for all the good wishes. I am out now with a bag of daily medication which is on going.Heart rate blood thinning and constipation  just 3. Only had the problems when ill. Was not eating much so never passed much.

Keep us updated on the detail Ken.

22 hours ago, Parafox said:

Is Xarelto also called Rivoraxaban? If so, then that's a blood thinner along the lines of, but not as dangerous as, Warfarin. Food is required, it needn't be much, maybe just a round of toast to assist with it being digested without the risk of causing some bleeding in the stomach. (I think I'm right. Bryn is the one who'd know best)

Yeah Xarelto is Rivaroxaban. I'm actually not so hot on pharmacokinetics but it will mean solid food not water, and it will either be to help protect the stomach or because the drug is absorbed poorly if the gut isn't in digestion mode.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Parafox said:

Yeah Xarelto is Rivaroxaban. I'm actually not so hot on pharmacokinetics but it will mean solid food not water, and it will either be to help protect the stomach or because the drug is absorbed poorly if the gut isn't in digestion mode.

I should say, you can still swallow them whole with water. Just at the same time as food. You don't have to mix them into a meal.

cheers. Wasn't sure which tablet was the food one. Also movicol has to be mixed with water so drank that and eating toast at the same time. Took a paracetamol by mistake they were in the bag i keep the others. Any in hospital they helped with the stomach pain. Asked for one in hospital. They never had them on the ward so had to orger them from the pharmacy.

Feeling better and eating more. The doctor who came to see me gave me a syrynge when I said iwas having trouble eating. I've been told there is a spray version.

Not sure if I am ready for a full meal yet and have stopped drinking. Unfortunately the course of the pills goes into the Xmas period. I don't know which tablets are OK with alcohol. One lot anoxillin is not on going so will end when they are gone. Glad cuz they are 3 times a day and difficult to swallow.  The others depends on the doctor I think I can stop the Movicol when I am passing regularly. That will just leave 3 two once a day one twice. a day so its not like i'm popping pills all day Besides if I keep off the drink there may not be any signs of it for the dr to keep me on them all.

I forgot to say can I give a shout out for the nurses and doctors. They were great. They had a lot to put up with. The guy in the next bed was knocking things off the table and pulling stuff off the equpment area. but the nurse stayed calm and treated him as normal. 

They had to to a rectal probe on me and the nurse said this may hurt, and I said It's worse for you and all she said was It's all part of the job'

I over hear a male nurse talking about his hours. 3x12.5 hrs then 4x12.5 hrs days and nights. I heard one junior nurse being asked if she wanted to be a doctor. she said no because she liked the contact with people. She was only about 20.

• Like 3

I heard the nurses say the patient I mentioned was being violent. He must have been well drugged up. On my last day he seemed fine so it may have been the drugs, The sides of his bed were up and they had move things away. They also kept their distance. They certainly experience a variety of situations so I suppose that is part of the attraction. You are interacting with all sorts of people and hear interesting stories from the older patients. They were busy but not rushed off their feet if you know what I mean. They came round taking blood pressure and heart moitoring but that was all routine. Other times they were going through patient notes. I suppose they need to be computer savvy now. They were carryin small tablets linked to computers to record results.