Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

I'm Old Enough To Remember...

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Far better than subbuteo....

(though I'm shocked to see it was named "table soccer")

Image result for table tiddlywinks football game 1970s

Wow! Now that's a blast from the past.

I thought it was miles better than Subbuteo too. You had much more control over the ball, even if it was a tiddlywink ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Had one of these bad boys,unfortunately looking for the image I’ve seen how much they fetch £800-£1000 😢

F6D7ADB9-F66A-4322-B4B7-0F05C5012074.jpeg

Ha! 
Rubbish I had some of these bad boys

image.jpeg.c4451c6e538bf09402b8126514ff2f79.jpeg

• Haha 1

As a kid I was really lucky.Had a paper round and in turn got to do a load of baby sitting for my customers,so much that they used to book weeks in advance and try and out do the other so I could work for them.Probably 3 times a week,Loads of grub too.

Bloke from the pub was Such a nice bloke,cockney and he was first on my round 7am and used to shout “ What is this the Cambridge Evening News” He used to give me more in tips than I got doing my round,and I collected money on Saturdays.

Usef to save loads to get bikes ghetto blasters,Atari games.Felt like a millionaire.

27 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Had one of these bad boys,unfortunately looking for the image I’ve seen how much they fetch £800-£1000 😢

I had one of these, although I don't remember the seats being that adjustable, tbh...

(and the rabbit ate the seat, so mine was gaffer taped up)!

Raleigh Chopper - Wikipedia 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

4 minutes ago, Milo said:

I had one of these, although I don't remember the seats being that adjustable, tbh...

(and the rabbit ate the seat, so mine was gaffer taped up)!

Raleigh Chopper - Wikipedia 

I only ever had a Raleigh Boxer.

Only the cool kids like you two had Grifters or Choppers :(

• Like 1

I remember cycling down Knighton Lane East going down hill on the way to the footy when I had to brake and someone from school had turned my brake blocks around on one of the wheel and the rubber blocks came out fortunately it was a girls bike I'd cobbled together with those cow horns and no cross bar. So the the back wheel swung round under me and as it slid away i was able to end up on my feet running towards the pavement as my bike shot forward and crashed into the car in front I was braking for.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Our year used to do that after we had the MMR jab, ****ing hurt and watching green/yellow puss come out your arm was a delight lol

Not surprised at that, top school antics lol. I wonder if stuff like this still goes on now? I hope it does it was character building in a way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgefox said:

Did you add one of these?

2D3A9C19-BA2E-4F1E-906E-4E90E88DADE1.jpeg

Nah. 

Tacky. 

:D

Looking at that picture of the bike - my seat was always right down on the back tyre...doesn't look right all raised up

9 minutes ago, Milo said:

Haha - yeah, my rabbit chewed bike was cool as...

8 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Grifters,oh yes.

mine above was a Raleigh super tuff burner BMX

There’s definitely a correlation between the kind of bike you had as a kid and what type of adult you end up being.

No surprises I end up poor and living in squalor while you two end up being property developers :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

There’s definitely a correlation between the kind of bike you had as a kid and what type of adult you end up being.

No surprises I end up poor and living in squalor while you two end up being property developers :rolleyes:

Bet you didn’t have a red nova that turned pink because of the sun though!

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Don’t you live down south where property is extortionate?

1 minute ago, cambridgefox said:

Bet you didn’t have a red nova that turned pink because of the sun though!

No, I had a silver Samba that turned to rust :D

• Haha 1