Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Parking charge notice

14 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

If you've had "hundreds" you must be an incredibly inconsiderate parker then...

Not necessarily, he said only pay council ones and that he has never paid one. So buy that I would assume his only crimes would be exceeding time limits in private parking areas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Not necessarily, he said only pay council ones and that he has never paid one. So buy that I would assume his only crimes would be exceeding time limits in private parking areas. 

Yes, which is inconsiderate is it not?

If I pay for two hours parking, then I get back to my car before that time is up, and leave. If I need longer I pay more money. If I get a fine for breaching the rules, then I pay it.

If everyone adopted his attitude, then you wouldn't be able to find a parking space anywhere because of people outstaying their welcome...

9 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Got one from Lidl - £100 or £60 if paid within 14 days.

Parked in there for 3 hrs 16 mins as the road to my office was gridlocked due to a crash so just parked and walked the final half mile. Recovered the car in my dinner break.

Anyone appealed one of these ??

Why don’t you tell them what happened....   and also say you shop there all the time ..    nothing to lose.

38 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

If I pay for two hours parking, then I get back to my car before that time is up, and leave. If I need longer I pay more money. If I get a fine for breaching the rules, then I pay it.

If everyone adopted his attitude, then you wouldn't be able to find a parking space anywhere because of people outstaying their welcome...

There are still the same amount of cars whether he pays or not, it would not affect you either way.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

You pay for parking??!?

8 minutes ago, somebum said:

Store manager will dismiss it as if hes swatting a fly. Trust me a waste of energy

Based on what I've read LIDL do quash some of them but I think you need a receipt showing you shopped there, and probably only overstayed by a small amount of time.

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

Based on what I've read LIDL do quash some of them but I think you need a receipt showing you shopped there, and probably only overstayed by a small amount of time.

Id just be honest ...    pretty good reason if you ask me ...    and you might just catch the person reading it on a good day ...

10 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Think the guilt bit is pretty nailed on given his car was in the car park...  

That depends on the evidence they have, if it is parking eye, which it will most likely be. They only have his entry into the car park and exit, nothing showing what the vehicle did whilst in there. He could have been driving around for 3 1/2 hours waiting for a space.

Edited by Strokes

10 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Got one from Lidl - £100 or £60 if paid within 14 days.

Parked in there for 3 hrs 16 mins as the road to my office was gridlocked due to a crash so just parked and walked the final half mile. Recovered the car in my dinner break.

Anyone appealed one of these ??

Never shop at Lidl again. **** 'em, make your point!

Unless you parked in a disabled space.

Next time find an Aldi store, they have no restrictions that I know of

Edited by Parafox

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Sombum clearly has rules that only apply to him and can avoid the law by being so very clever so as to take a parking space for however long he wants to and can then ignore any consequences. Above the law, he is.