Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wolfox

Kante v Ndidi

10 hours ago, murphy said:

Silva is too lightweight for the PL he weighs more than Kante.

Lightweight as a criticism is never really about physical characteristics, it's as much agility, intelligence, bravery and aggression. Vardy and MAhrez are both very slim but they know how to use their body's to protect the ball whereas Silva's often been caught in possession.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lee7 said:

Nothing to compare. Ndidi is class but Kante is world class. 

Kante covers every blade of grass and never looks tired. As an athlete he is phenomenal but at the same time he can pick a pass and keeps possession, most of his passes are positive ones too.

Very rarely does Kante give the ball away whereas Ndidi lets himself down when it comes to passing, he'll win the ball but then gives it straight back with an awful pass. 

TBF, that’s a side to his game that has definitely improved since he left. He was criticised occasionally in his time with us for some sloppy passing. Perhaps Ndidi can likewise improve, hopefully with us.

N’Didi is a solid player for us. He’d get into 2/3 of the teams in the Premier League.

Kante is the best in the world at what he does. He’d get in 99% of the teams in the world. Yes, his stats don’t look as impressive at Chelsea, however he’s not having to run around like crazy, carrying the likes of Ulloa, De Laet, Schlupp, Dyer, Inler and Benelouane.

Kante is miles ahead as a player and his passing ability was under appreciated, as was his ability to pick up a ball and drive through the midfield. 

No comparision. The most effective player we’ll ever see in a Leicester shirt. It was a crime to football that he didn’t win player of the year. Chelsea fans rate him higher than most of their past midfielders, including Makalele.

It's a strange comparison to be making.

Kanté is 26 and has entered the prime of his career. If supporters understood defence better and didn't only see goals and assists as the important valuation of players then Kanté could be in the discussion for the world's best player over the last 3 years - maybe he wouldn't win but he'd be top 5 and in the discussion. He's easily the best player we've had at Leicester over the last few years even though I know the Cambiasso and Mahrez fans would find that hard to admit.

Ndidi is 21, read that again, 21! he makes errors but is learning every game through being in new and similar situations and gaining experience (just like Chilwell and Diabaté and Maguire etc...) He is visibly learning and improving before our eyes.

We should count ourselves lucky that we had the chance to win the league with Kanté and then, so quickly, have found another rare talent who could help put us back into Europe.

I feel blessed to have seen both players wearing a Leicester shirt and putting everything into every game they've played for us. 

8 minutes ago, FIF said:

It's a strange comparison to be making.

Kanté is 26 and has entered the prime of his career. If supporters understood defence better and didn't only see goals and assists as the important valuation of players then Kanté could be in the discussion for the world's best player over the last 3 years - maybe he wouldn't win but he'd be top 5 and in the discussion. He's easily the best player we've had at Leicester over the last few years even though I know the Cambiasso and Mahrez fans would find that hard to admit.

Ndidi is 21, read that again, 21! he makes errors but is learning every game through being in new and similar situations and gaining experience (just like Chilwell and Diabaté and Maguire etc...) He is visibly learning and improving before our eyes.

We should count ourselves lucky that we had the chance to win the league with Kanté and then, so quickly, have found another rare talent who could help put us back into Europe.

I feel blessed to have seen both players wearing a Leicester shirt and putting everything into every game they've played for us. 

I'm pleased you're seeing some positives FIF....I think it's important to respect opinion that differs from your own very valid and strong opinions. I do however agree with your implication, which is that the title would and could not have happened without Kante - the title was a freak because we saw a freak player for that one glorious season.

Kante the more complete player right now and there was a touch of jealousy watching him yesterday. I'd have taken that one season with Kante if it meant ultimate glory though.

He's the barometer for N'Didi but not exactly fair on Wilf. When Kante was 21 he was settling into the third tier of French football. N'Didi is tasked with being a defensive midfielder in a much higher level. He's done quite well for himself and us so far.

Grateful that I've got to watch both play for Leicester.  It's a lovely debate to have for us. Especially after some of the utter dregs of a decade or so ago.

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think NG's problem is when he's asked to play for a possession side. This doesn't make the best of his talents and it was the problem when he found himself in the French team. Conte found this out when NG first joined and then altered his role. 

My brother said yesterday why would Barca or Real need a player like him because they keep the ball so well. Yes this is true for 85% of games they walk through the opposition but those 15% of games where they face an European rival in the latter stages of the competition, they badly need a player like him to win the ball back when the tempo quickens. 

I think it was obvious at the time to most Leicester fans that both Deschamps and Conte were misusing him by only exploiting his defensive talents. Conte eventually realised his mistake and now allows him much more freedom to surge forward as he did with us.

45 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

TBF, that’s a side to his game that has definitely improved since he left. He was criticised occasionally in his time with us for some sloppy passing. Perhaps Ndidi can likewise improve, hopefully with us.

Kante,has played longer at an Higher Level,and in better Teams( at the time).

Kante has a proven PL top Quality Player next to him,to Cover and Attack.

3-4 seasons Long.

Ndidi,..not yet or presently has that Security at his side,...Iborra and Silva even James,

Might step Up, Like to be fair ,Drinkwater did, but hopefully even longer.