Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wolfox

Kante v Ndidi

On 28/01/2018 at 16:41, the fox said:

n'didi this season vs poty kante.....

az50gv5.png

Outstanding stats for Wilf, but I don't think that they really show what they do with the ball.  Kante has a bit more quality on the ball and drives forward.  For me, Kante is the slightly better player.

That said, Wilf is still an exceptional player and we are lucky to have him.  I would rather keep WIlf because he wants to play for us.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Kante is of course the better player.

He is also 5 years older and is tiny. 

Just going off slightly at a tangent, Kante is tiny and for those who say that Silva is too lightweight for the PL he weighs more than Kante.

Forgot how underrated Kante is with the ball, particularly receiving the ball under pressure and skipping past a couple of players.

Ndidi was good in the tackle but needs to improve his composure under pressure. He's a liability in the final minutes as well if we are losing because he just gets desperate and either gives the ball away or fouls someone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Just going off slightly at a tangent, Kante is tiny and for those who say that Silva is too lightweight for the PL he weighs more than Kante.

But in terms of being lightweight, it’s not a players weight that affects that opinion, is it? 

Mahrez was lightweight when we signed him, not so much now but I’m sure he’s not any heavier.

Its about strength on the ball and having the physicality to shield and protect it, or at least that is how I interpret the phrase.

Silva just needs to get use to the pace of this league and realise he has much less time to make his decision with the ball.

Unfortunately most players would need game time to improve on such attributes.

8 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

But in terms of being lightweight, it’s not a players weight that affects that opinion, is it? 

Mahrez was lightweight when we signed him, not so much now but I’m sure he’s not any heavier.

Its about strength on the ball and having the physicality to shield and protect it, or at least that is how I interpret the phrase.

Silva just needs to get use to the pace of this league and realise he has much less time to make his decision with the ball.

Unfortunately most players would need game time to improve on such attributes.

I agree, I'm just saying that the fact that his build is slight should not be a reason to write him off in the prem as others seem to, I mean look at Nobby Stiles.

I thought he had a reputation for being a tenacious player but probably does need time to adapt.

Anyway, best get back on topic.

• Like 1

Kante was incredible for us and i mean probably the best DM i have seen in the league / world. He has improved on the ball in the last 18 months he is fastly becoming an all round world class CM. There isnt many better in the world in that posistion and Chelsea will be extremly lucky to keep hold of him next season as i dont think their is a team in the world that he wouldnt improve.

Wilf is great and has incredible fitness levels and seems to have the right attitude. If he keeps on improving like he is there is nothing to say he wont be as good as Kante one day.

• Like 1

"Is the Ndidi to Liverpool story true?

Alpha Balde is thought to be a reliable source of news.

Previously Balde was one of the journalists who reported that Naby Keita would leave RB Leipzig to join Liverpool.

As we all now know, that deal will come to fruition in the summer."

Kante was apart from us making the mistakes the main difference yesterday. He was everywhere nonstop and back to his brilliant self. But in the January game he seemed human and made a lot of freekicks. When N'Golo is on form, he could be in any starting XI on the planet. 

Ndidi has huge potential, but he is not quite the difference maker yet. We have been after our scouting since the title year, but Ndidi along with Maguire and Diabate really excite me.

Said to any top six fan who’d listen to me Kante isn’t just a defensive midfielder. This insane ability he has to drive thirty yards forward with the ball is incredible. 

Wilf had a very good game yesterday but he just doesn’t have that same drive. He’s good, Kante’s great. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Said to any top six fan who’d listen to me Kante isn’t just a defensive midfielder. This insane ability he has to drive thirty yards forward with the ball is incredible. 

Wilf had a very good game yesterday but he just doesn’t have that same drive. He’s good, Kante’s great. 

I wonder if deschamps was slaughtered in France  for dropping him during the latter stages of the last euros - seemed a strange decision and perhaps made him realise even more that he had to leave our ‘little club’ to gain proper recognition and respect

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder if deschamps was slaughtered in France  for dropping him during the latter stages of the last euros - seemed a strange decision and perhaps made him realise even more that he had to leave our ‘little club’ to gain proper recognition and respect

I think NG's problem is when he's asked to play for a possession side. This doesn't make the best of his talents and it was the problem when he found himself in the French team. Conte found this out when NG first joined and then altered his role. 

My brother said yesterday why would Barca or Real need a player like him because they keep the ball so well. Yes this is true for 85% of games they walk through the opposition but those 15% of games where they face an European rival in the latter stages of the competition, they badly need a player like him to win the ball back when the tempo quickens. 

19 hours ago, Wookie said:

Kante is the most intelligent player that's ever played for us, N'Didi as a pure ball winner is great but Kante is better on the ball and slightly better at getting the ball back - he's not particularly ambitious but his passing is effective and usually positive.

not sure why this got a laugh, its pretty much spot on