Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wolfox

Kante v Ndidi

On 28/01/2018 at 17:34, Abrasive fox said:

This.

Fairly conclusive for me, used to think Kante weakness was on the ball, Ndidi is behind on that to a large extent in some respects.

Ndidi's stats on tackles are always going to be ahead due to playing in a side that has less of the ball, and he should definitely win on aerial duals due to being twice the height.

Kante is world class, Ndidi might be one day, particularly if he keeps improving at the rate he is, however there's a few too many performances like Watford away and some at the start of the season for me to think he's there yet.

Screenshot_20180130-004230.thumb.jpg.dea75c54477137b4f553aa5dfd142ddb.jpg

Completetly agree

20 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Err because without him we wouldn't have won the league or qualified for the Champions League.

Can you name a player that isn't mercenary?

They don't (in the main) stay because they love the club, it's either because by playing regularly they may get an international call up (Vardy), the owners wouldn't let them go (Mahrez) or because a bigger club didn't come in for them (so that's the rest of the squad).

I don't doubt that for a moment but you could say the same about Mahrez and Vardy, All the team were integral to winning the title, none could have done it without the other. That doesn't mean I have to idolise Kante though does it?

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

I don't doubt that for a moment but you could say the same about Mahrez and Vardy, All the team were integral to winning the title, none could have done it without the other. That doesn't mean I have to idolise Kante though does it?

I don’t think that’s what he meant, we aren’t comparing Vardy or Mahrez to anyone in this thread. Of course they were integral to our success. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Royston. said:

Kante really pissed me off tonight, didn't put a foot wrong.

Now I know how opposition fans felt in 15/16.

Kante was phenomenal today but Ndidi was very good too, I just wish he could cut out the occasional sloppy pass.

• Like 2

Kante seems to have the ability in controlling the ball well in all areas of the pitch, left and right side at the front and back and in the middle, and he appears highly aware in where to be and when.

Ndidi is excellent in tackling, like Kante, and feel he should be more of a threat offensively. But can be sloppy and is perhaps out of position in parts of the game that could've been very beneficial to the opposition.

Kante is the most intelligent player that's ever played for us, N'Didi as a pure ball winner is great but Kante is better on the ball and slightly better at getting the ball back - he's not particularly ambitious but his passing is effective and usually positive.

• Haha 1

Love Ndidi to bits and think he has to potential to be one of the best DM in the league, but to compare him to Kanté is unfair. The latter is on another planet, anyone who thinks Ndidi is anywhere near Kanté needs their head getting checked.

Ndidi has been immense since he came here last season and it's a shame Kante never stayed on after the unbelievable title winning season to now be partnering him in midfield perhaps.....but then again maybe one would cancel the other out! It has to be Ndidi for me now as I think that if Kante returned here for some odd reason (assuming that's what this poll is based upon), then he wouldn't be as motivated in our present team as he was a couple of seasons ago when we were doing the unthinkable and therefore not be performing as well. Arguably that's already happening to him at Chelski now after having a stormer there last season....in spite of his decent performance in midfield for the opposition today and in spite of his being injured for some of the time this season too.

Nothing to compare. Ndidi is class but Kante is world class. 

Kante covers every blade of grass and never looks tired. As an athlete he is phenomenal but at the same time he can pick a pass and keeps possession, most of his passes are positive ones too.

Very rarely does Kante give the ball away whereas Ndidi lets himself down when it comes to passing, he'll win the ball but then gives it straight back with an awful pass. 

Kante has that midfield drive that Wilf just hasn't got, he doesn't seem willing to drive forward with the ball . Kante wins the ball beats one or two men and Chelsea are up and running. Wilf lays it off square and we've got possession but aren't going anywhere. He matches Kante in one department only unfortunately.

• Like 1

it’s a bit weird to compare because NG isn’t our player anymore. When wilf has left the club we will look back and there will be no debate on this. 

wilf is still v young. He could be anything. But with the evidence we have NG is a better player in all departments apart from in the air and perhaps shooting. (Though neither are great in that area). Puel should make it his business to coach wilf re breaking forward with the ball, effectively.

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1