Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wolfox

Kante v Ndidi

7 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Don't get the love in for Kante. He didn't even want to come here and couldn't wait to get away. Sure he was integral to us winning the league but it was just to put him in the shop window. Just move on and forget about him because he couldn't give a sh*t about us.

He still came to watch our CL games... Obviously meant a bigger deal to him that you presume...?

9 hours ago, Harry - LCFC said:

Answered your own question there.

I think Kante is our best ever player, he was the best defensive midfielder in the world with us. Straightforward pick for me, although I think Ndidi may be as good as him eventually which is pretty incredible really.

He gave us one season, didn't want to be here and left as soon as he could. Best player or not he certainly isn't someone who deserves the admiration reserved for this club's great players over the years. 

Been pointed out here but N'Didi doesn't have anywhere near Kante's ability to transition us rapidly from defence into attack which was so devastating in that title winning season. It's a shame for him that he is being reigned in more at Chelsea. 

There will probably be some revisionist history about Kante for various reasons, but the guy was absolutely sensational in terms of the impact he had on the side.

40 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

He gave us one season, didn't want to be here and left as soon as he could. Best player or not he certainly isn't someone who deserves the admiration reserved for this club's great players over the years. 

Go home. He's the best midfielder this club has seen for decades and was a major reason in achieving the greatest season of this club's history. His impact was unbelievable. Never had I seen his like before, even at elite level, and his level of performance that season was so high he rightly made history.

51 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Do let us know how exactly you know he didn't want to be here. The only comment he's ever made was that he didn't want to sign whilst we didn't actually have a manager. Our first bid was after Pearson went and before Ranieri came. Seems pretty reasonable that he wanted to wait until we had a manager.

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Do let us know how exactly you know he didn't want to be here. The only comment he's ever made was that he didn't want to sign whilst we didn't actually have a manager. Our first bid was after Pearson went and before Ranieri came. Seems pretty reasonable that he wanted to wait until we had a manager.

I thought it was fairly widely accepted that Marseille was his first preference 

my my understanding (no direct insight) was that he needed some persuasion (release clause and all that!)

One thing not in doubt is that he’s probably glad he made the move and still retains a lot of affection for our club

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

my my understanding (no direct insight) was that he needed some persuasion (release clause and all that!)

One thing not in doubt is that he’s probably glad he made the move and still retains a lot of affection for our club

Widely accepted by a load of rumour mongers on the internet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Looking from the outside, staying in France and relatively close to his family will probably have been a priority.

The guy that is so modest, I doubt he will have had any input on the release clause.

That would be the work of the agent, who probably pushed Kanté to join us as it meant more ££££ to Kanté and most importantly the agent himself.

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

That last sentence sounds so ungrateful. I didn't get the impression he loathed the place, he was just ambitious.

In any case, I thought this poll was a question of ability not whether you liked him after he left.

2 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

That last sentence sounds so ungrateful. I didn't get the impression he loathed the place, he was just ambitious.

In any case, I thought this poll was a question of ability not whether you liked him after he left.

Ungrateful? He was paid excellent wages insisted on a get out clause after making it clear he never wanted to come here in the first place, put himself in the shop window and jumped ship at the earliest opportunity. Gratitude is the shortest lived of all human emotions.

Just now, Bunyip said:

Ungrateful? He was paid excellent wages insisted on a get out clause after making it clear he never wanted to come here in the first place, put himself in the shop window and jumped ship at the earliest opportunity. Gratitude is the shortest lived of all human emotions.

And helped delivered our greatest season. I repeat, you sound rather ungrateful if you take such a dismissive view of him.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Ok, i'll spell it out for you again. He had a get out clause written into his contract before he would sign for us and at the end of the season had a manager who had just won the Premiership but that did not stop him leaving as quickly as he could.

1 minute ago, Harry - LCFC said:

And helped delivered our greatest season. I repeat, you sound rather ungrateful if you take such a dismissive view of him.

Good grief he is just a footballer who used us to go to a bigger club. Gratitude doesn't even come into it whereas reality does.

N'Didi is doing very well but he's still a million miles from what Kante was.

N'Golo was unbelievable, the best in the World at what he does, his passing is also top notch, barely gave the ball away.

Its always tough to take a player leaving for a perceived bigger club but with Kante he gave us the perfect season so all is forgiven!

His performances lately have taken the gloss off his invincibility though. Would have me thinking that even if he stayed last year that he might have struggled with us like almost everyone else did up to the Sevilla away game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Ok, i'll spell it out for you again. He had a get out clause written into his contract before he would sign for us and at the end of the season had a manager who had just won the Premiership but that did not stop him leaving as quickly as he could.

Once again, you are just guessing, putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 because it just suits your argument.

You have no idea if he'd sign with or without a clause, you have no idea if that was just his agent or whether he requested it.

What we do know, is that out of his own mouth he said we wasn't sure when we were first interested because we had no manager, once Ranieri was installed and we went back he was happy to sign. We know he also chose us over West Ham as Bilic spouted off about nearly signing him. And we know he joined and wasn't forced to do anything he didn't want to.

So stop with the didn't want to be here bollocks. Being ambitious and chosing to go to a team that's won the league twice in the last three years, won the champions league and quite simply a bigger club currently than we're ever likely to be without huge investment is called ambition. I'd rather players didn't do that, but if you think there are many that would turn down those chances you're kidding yourself.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Once again, you are just guessing, putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 because it just suits your argument.

You have no idea if he'd sign with or without a clause, you have no idea if that was just his agent or whether he requested it.

What we do know, is that out of his own mouth he said we wasn't sure when we were first interested because we had no manager, once Ranieri was installed and we went back he was happy to sign. We know he also chose us over West Ham as Bilic spouted off about nearly signing him. And we know he joined and wasn't forced to do anything he didn't want to.

So stop with the didn't want to be here bollocks. Being ambitious and chosing to go to a team that's won the league twice in the last three years, won the champions league and quite simply a bigger club currently than we're ever likely to be without huge investment is called ambition. I'd rather players didn't do that, but if you think there are many that would turn down those chances you're kidding yourself.

His ambition said he didn't want to be here, how is that difficult to grasp? If he had wanted to be here he would still be here simple.

Just now, Bunyip said:

His ambition said he didn't want to be here, how is that difficult to grasp? If he had wanted to be here he would still be here simple.

99.9% of players will not "want to be here" using your definition, whether it's Mahrez, Gray, Maguire, Kasper each and every one of them would want to go should a big club come calling and it's the right move for them. You are delusional if you think anyone else in the team wanted playing for Leicester to be the highest they ever go in their careers.

Good players that turn down big clubs and staying at a club like ours are few and far between. You need to get used to that because it's always been that way and always will be. We've had born and bread Leicester players like Heskey and Lineker happy to jump ship at the first opportunity, so how anyone can expect some lad who had probably never heard of Leicester to stick about forever I have no idea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

99.9% of players will not "want to be here" using your definition, whether it's Mahrez, Gray, Maguire, Kasper each and every one of them would want to go should a big club come calling and it's the right move for them. You are delusional if you think anyone else in the team wanted playing for Leicester to be the highest they ever go in their careers.

Good players that turn down big clubs and staying at a club like ours are few and far between. You need to get used to that because it's always been that way and always will be. We've had born and bread Leicester players like Heskey and Lineker happy to jump ship at the first opportunity, so how anyone can expect some lad who had probably never heard of Leicester to stick about forever I have no idea.

But you are just proving my point?  I have no gratitude for mercenary players who play for us, it's the way football is. I expected nothing less of Kante , it's just I can't for the life of me think why I should be grateful to him.

Edited by Bunyip

34 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

But you are just proving my point?  I have no gratitude for mercenary players who play for us, it's the way football is. I expected nothing less of Kante , it's just I can't for the life of me think why I should be grateful to him.

Should resist but can't we be happy that he was a big part of the greatest season the club is ever likely to have in the lifetimes of most of our supporters? Nothing those players could do after May 2016 could make me love them any less, especially not going on to win the league again. Hell, I am even happy that Drinkwater seems to be proving his doubters wrong and edging closer to the Chelsea first team (as long as he doesn't score against us)!

In the end the Kante signing worked out brilliantly for Leicester and brilliantly for N'Golo Kante too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

Err because without him we wouldn't have won the league or qualified for the Champions League.

Can you name a player that isn't mercenary?

They don't (in the main) stay because they love the club, it's either because by playing regularly they may get an international call up (Vardy), the owners wouldn't let them go (Mahrez) or because a bigger club didn't come in for them (so that's the rest of the squad).

Edited by hackneyfox