Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Bournemouth post match 1-1

18 hours ago, Gerbold said:

No, it's not disingenuous - it's sarcastic.

Disingenuous:

1. Not straightforward or candid; insincere or calculating: "Increasingly, the question of immigration has become a disingenuous stalking-horse for race and racial hostility" (Tyler Stovall).

2. Pretending to be unaware or unsophisticated; faux-naïf. (The Free Dictionary)

Just for clairity the ‘disingenuous’ was to Babylon for making a post solely to be contrary when he knows as well as I do what the current position is in terms current of tactics isolating Vardy.

If you read the thread I’m sure you will agree.?

17 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Interesting you didn’t copy the post I made previously with a response; that contains a

concise clarification of what was meant.

My actual response was difficult to contradict wasn’t it. 

I haven't seen your post.

Edited by Babylon

We got out of jail. We had loads of possession. ...but created few quality chances.  Yes vardy was fouled and we should have had a penalty. Yes mahrez could have buried his big chance.  Yes jamie could have shot rather than crossed.. .  But we didnt creat enough and show enough cobfidence.  Puel nyst sort this.  We deserved 3 points not 1

10 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

lol

I've calmed down, and Puel out was premature. 

The other point remains though- we badly need to start playing with some intent. It's easy to attack and put sides under pressure when we're 1-0 down- we got enough of that from Shakespeare. I want a proactive manager (as Puel seemed to be when he took over), not a reactive one.

I can take us not winning- it's dropping points at home to the likes of Stoke and Bournemouth because we didn't bother attacking them from the start that I have a problem with. We've got the attacking talent to put sides like that away comfortably but he seems reluctant use it to its full effect, which is what is frustrating me (and plenty of others by the sound of it) at the moment. A place in Europe is there for the taking, and if we blow it due to conservative tactics I'll be livid.

You keep thinking this, you're going to carry on being sorely disappointed. If a team come to sit back and defend, and do it with purpose, we don't have it the attacking talent to win comfortably at all. If we manage it it will be hard work, and it will more than likely be boring. The thing is, we're very much part of the norm - I could say the same about any team outside the current top two. But not Spuds. Never spuds.

12 hours ago, Gerbold said:

What Babylon wrote wasn't disingenuous. Contrary, perhaps. Mischievous certainly. Disingenuous means what exactly what I quoted from the dictionary - it's a statement intended to mislead the reader/listener into believing something which is not true. Not quite a lie, but misleading.

Oh, and it's clarity, not 'clairity'. I'm sorry, but I'm a pedant - "a person who is excessively concerned with formalism, accuracy, and precision, or one who makes an and arrogant show of learning". My bad - not yours :rolleyes:.

Yes I’m typing from a mobile regarding clarity. 

I actually have a life so let’s leave it at this. 

He was giving the impression he understand the point I was making  or it’s validity which I believe was him being disingenuous.

I believe I advised as much in a previous post.

I trust you now have the CLARITY on the matter you require?

4 hours ago, Gerbold said:

Babylon wrote "Someone should tell Vardy that he can't score in Puels system, he's not had the memo and scored 8 in his last 13 games the fool". You replied, "That's disingenuous".

I'm not going to trawl back in this thread looking at what the antecedents to your mutual argument were but no way on earth is his sentence about giving any impression as to understanding or validating anything. This sounds like one of those 'taken out of context' scenarios. I can't be arsed to backtrack over the pages. However, I did read some of your previous posts to others in this thread - and you were indulging yourself, rather disparagingly,  in more than one 'barney' on Sunday.

So what if you think you "advised as much in a previous post" - I don't agree with your interpretation. So I'll stick with my interpretation and eschew your clarity.

As far as you having  a life and wanting to live it then maybe you either shouldn't have bothered responding or just stated something like 'I actually have a life so I'm leaving it at this' instead of "let us".

I don't "have a life" so I'm fine with being contentious ad nauseam with someone who's trying to wriggle out of a situation they don't wish to appear to have come off second best in.

Nevertheless, I'd prefer to be contending about or discussing football, so I regret making the comment, its acerbity, and the consequent 'fall-out' it has created.

Um.

Yes I also am full of regret at the time wasted that’s for sure.

I do have opinions which is why I post on here;most of the time I lean back laughing at what I write; I find it entertaining.

I digress, so to close, I think the modern vernacular to conclude all this is ‘whatevs’

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader