Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

How will you feel if we miss out on Europa League?

7 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Maybe both Puel and Dyche don't want to finish 7th if they fear an adverse effect in the next PL season .

Let Everton have 7th?

Dyche has far more credit in the bank than Puel. A rough start would see Dyche still popular and staying, Puel wouldn't be here.

Too early.simply not good enough at the moment.Lets earn it first.

There is a difference,between top 2 and 4th.There is a difference between

4th and 6th. Its squads strength and quality,needed for a long campaign.

Burnley's Form,and their upward curve,will give then a Chance,of having a 

Decent campaign. Unlike some I believe over the season they are better than us,

and player More as team.

Its not Puel I dont trust,but this group of players are what they are top 8-10.

This forum have some,thankfully not all,who expect and feel entitled to see us

Higher than we are.Too many OTT expectations,from a good but not excellent squad.

Those indifferent games,left me frustrated,but its the Name of the game,and shown we are

not Quite as good as we all hoped and some Posters think we are.

No witch hunt or imature Blame crusade.

I am happy enough,as far as the big picture is concerened.

The evolving,rebuilding goes on. I expected us to fall off this season,our midfield,is

not consistent enough and still lacking in intensity ,fluency and  quality,that is needed for

continuous pecking at the top 6 and above. Iborra,Silva/Ndidi can still deliver,they need

with Puel the time.Another Playmaker,we need at least 5 midfielders,2-3 top quality the other

2-3 still above AVG fit ins.

Europe ,??  Not bothered this season,we were/are in the chase,but expect better performances

over next season,and yes I still want to close out this season on a positive,but really the players,

not the manager have to stand up,and show us they still want it and not leave the Fans in doubt

of their potential,for a foxes future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Wouldn’t give a toss. I’m far more pissed off with how we went out of the FA cup.

Me too, it just felt like Chelsea were there for the taking.  We never really got going in extra time when we should have been battering on the door.

Anyway, Europa League would be nice but I think it would have an adverse affect on our league form a bit like the CL did.  Can really see Burnley struggling next year.

Wouldn't it be the first time in our history that we have qualified for Europe though the league (apart from CL of course)?

And we are not bothered!

What's going on?  How did our fans become such spoiled entitled tossers?   Myself included as I couldn't really care less about Europa League.

Edited by murphy

Guest seanfox778

I would love us to get into Europe, professional footballers and a club of our size should be able to handle playing some extra games. 

13 hours ago, murphy said:

Wouldn't it be the first time in our history that we have qualified for Europe though the league (apart from CL of course)?

And we are not bothered!

What's going on?  How did our fans become such spoiled entitled tossers?   Myself included as I couldn't really care less about Europa League.

Well it’d be the second time like you said. 

On 11/04/2018 at 06:44, Koke said:

Disappointing but there's always next year.

To get to the Europa League final in 2019 us or Burnley would have to play 19 or 21 games (I forgot). That's over half a league season. Our squad would be stretched, Burnley's would be anally fed.

I'm flattered (and surprised) that you think we could reach the final.  

And that makes it even more surprising that anyone (some of our fans as well as some of yours) think that qualifying might be a bad idea.  Saying it's a bad thing because we might win it?  Isn't winning European trophies supposed to be a good thing?

Think of it this way - seventh place last season was Everton.  They qualified for Europe, they have had a bad year.  Does that prove that finishing 7th is a bad thing?  No, actually.  Because the club in 8th was Southampton - they didn't qualify for Europe, but that hasn't turned out to be a recipe for success.

We aren't there yet - not with Saturday's game to come.  Bring it on!

• Like 1