Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

How will you feel if we miss out on Europa League?

If we were going straight into the group stages then I'd view it differently but two double-legged matches after the World Cup means I'm not sure what team we'd put out. From a point of view of attending, Sunday games don't appeal either.

If we get there, great. 7th is a very decent season. But 8th isn't too shabby and I hope we end the season in form.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, LCFC BEAST said:

It wouldn't be so much missing out on Europe, it would be that f***ing Burnley beat us to the spot (On the basis that Southampton don't win the FA Cup)

They were more consistent. Fair play to them.

• Like 1

Guest MattP

It would sum up the season, like the two cups, another great chance to achieve something and somehow we couldn't get over the line and do it.

Not bothered because I've never truly believed we can make it. Maybe I might've in the heat of the Southampton game for example but we've been a constant letdown this season. We've bottled nearly every big game we've played.

Logistically it probably wasn't very good for me. Hopefully we make it next year although I can't believe 7th won't be a better side than this current Burnley side. Can't help but feel we missed the boat.

• Like 1

Even the Champions League is overrated in terms of quality, you only start to play decent teams in the knockout stages (unless you've got someone half decent in your group) so in the Europa League, you'll have to play about 80 games just to play someone from a country you've heard of. I can take it or leave it, however, it would be nice one season, but I feel after a few seasons of Thursday night, Sunday I would be fed up.

6 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

You say that like the cups were on a plate for us, and ours to fvck up... which they really were not. 

Don't put facts that could get in the way of people's opinions.

• Like 1

I see it as a choice between 1) No Europe + Guaranteed to stay up, or 2) Europe + Small chance of relegation. Depends on your priorities I guess, if you want to travel. But if the squad isn't bothered (which they clearly aren't) we'll do rubbish anyway so there's probably not much point.

I would have loved to qualify but from a practical point of view it's probably for the best we didn't. We'll have several players going to Russia so playing fixtures possibly in late July wouldn't be doing us any favours at all. I think we'd have to play 3 third round qualifiers and two play off games so the uncertainty in where and who we would playing wouldn't be helping us out.