Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Qwerty

Transfer dates?

I'm confused - the window has been brought forward to avoid transfers after the season has started, but I've also read that teams can still sell players up to August 31st. Makes no sense. Does anyone know when it actually starts and finishes ? 

The transfer window opens at the same time as everyone else in Europe (June 9th) but the new premier league ruling states that our window closes the last Thursday (August 9th) before the season starts, everyone else is Europe transfer window shuts is August 31st and that includes the championship and below

so basically we can buy up until the last Thursday before the season but still sell till the 31st 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

The transfer window opens at the same time as everyone else in Europe (June 9th) but the new premier league ruling states that our window closes the last Thursday (August 9th) before the season starts, everyone else is Europe transfer window shuts is August 31st and that includes the championship and below

so basically we can buy up until the last Thursday before the season but still sell till the 31st 

So premier league teams can sell to non premier league teams between August 9th and 31st, but can’t buy anyone?  I can see that going horribly wrong!  I imagine that prem teams will basically have a ban on sales in that time, because otherwise they could end up losing players and not being able to replace them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

What's the point lol lose your best player to a German side and you can't replace him.

51 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

What's the point lol lose your best player to a German side and you can't replace him.

Perhaps just don't sell him.

I like the idea of having to be sorted before the league starts. it should also see the end of the silliness of the last day and european messing around. Foreign clubs who want to cash in on English money need to do it by the 9th or sell to some other foreign team for less money after that.

1 hour ago, Qwerty said:

So premier league teams can sell to non premier league teams between August 9th and 31st, but can’t buy anyone?  I can see that going horribly wrong!  I imagine that prem teams will basically have a ban on sales in that time, because otherwise they could end up losing players and not being able to replace them.

Correct 

2 hours ago, Qwerty said:

Or being really good for teams, settle your team work out your best X1 who's going to push your first team, the have a few more weeks to sell on dead wood.

Realistically outside Real and Barca the best players in Premier League teams don't move to European clubs.

In fact I can't think of one top player a club didn't want to leave going to a team outside the Spanish giants.

4 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Has this June 9th date been confirmed? The window has to be open for 12 weeks so some sources are suggesting the window opens as early as May 17th. 

They've not considered me at all in these new arrangements. My mid August holiday days start with reading the morning papers for all the transfers accompanied by a fry up or on a beach in a deck chair or in a pub garden, it's become a traditional routine. To continue this I've either got to take an earlier holiday or ignore the transfers and take a pile of old papers with me. 

I like the fact your squad will be set before the season kick off, shirt names can be printed by fans in confidence that they won't be off the next day but if there's a late injury or the pre season friendlies reveal you're short in a certain position there's no opportunity to react and fine tune the squad. If for example a player realizes two weeks into the season that he's unlikely to feature due to a new manager or new system then he's stuck, the old way gave a chance for things to settle into place with the option to tweak. At least we'll go back to having a proper season opener with all the new players in (unless they're behind in training or struggling post world cup) instead of the false start for two or three weeks and then the proper start on the post deadline day weekend of debuts for new players.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

They've not considered me at all in these new arrangements. My mid August holiday days start with reading the morning papers for all the transfers accompanied by a fry up or on a beach in a deck chair or in a pub garden, it's become a traditional routine. To continue this I've either got to take an earlier holiday or ignore the transfers and take a pile of old papers with me. 

I like the fact your squad will be set before the season kick off, shirt names can be printed by fans in confidence that they won't be off the next day but if there's a late injury or the pre season friendlies reveal you're short in a certain position there's no opportunity to react and fine tune the squad. If for example a player realizes two weeks into the season that he's unlikely to feature due to a new manager or new system then he's stuck, the old way gave a chance for things to settle into place with the option to tweak. At least we'll go back to having a proper season opener with all the new players in (unless they're behind in training or struggling post world cup) instead of the false start for two or three weeks and then the proper start on the post deadline day weekend of debuts for new players.

they still could leave the next day even after the season starts.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/04/2018 at 16:37, Fightforever said:

TBF there was nothing wrong with the old way although hectic

It was a bit rubbish. You start the season with a settled squad and then lose your best player with no time to replace them screwing up your team for the entire season as replacing them when everybody knows you are desperate in January is always really hard and expensive!