Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickfosse

Next year’s unexpected successes?

1 hour ago, Nickfosse said:

Good work Paddy

Cheers Nick.

I've thought for a long time that Harvey has got what it takes. You can never tell how it's going to go with a young player but he a great talent and seems very level-headed. He'll only get better too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Amartey will turn out to be a capable Premiership player despite both his ability and moustache.

He’s already proved he’s capable but he’s definitely not good enough to be starting for a side with our aspirations. He’s a useful squad player and I’d

be surprised if he ever exceeded that 

On 06/06/2018 at 17:23, Dan LCFC said:

If Chilwell can polish up a bit and the rest of the defence helps him, he will be fine.

I'll take that. Definitely improved.

Next year I'll go with Maddison. I think he'll take it to another level next year and force himself into the Euro 2020 squad.

• 2 months later...
On 05/06/2018 at 21:17, Nickfosse said:

Ok, just a bit of positive pre-season fun. Who will be next season’s unexpected star?

We’ve got a good tradition of players that have either been ok or even poor developing into excellent players (Vardy, Simpson, Drinkwater for example) or even young players having a breakthrough season in the tradition of Lineker and Heskey. We’ve also had new signings who have landed brilliantly (Kante, Mahrez, Fuchs) Who’s gonna train on or enchant us immediately this season?

Ah well, there’s a bit of negativity around at the end of the transfer window. Let’s have some positive thoughts about the new season. 

Who will be the unexpected successes next year? 

Brendan Rodgers has a great reputation for developing players of all ages and getting the best out of them. 

It was fascinating to look back at people’s thoughts at the end of last season so please have a go. The more the merrier. 

Sounds a a bit weird going for a Premier League winner and magnificent player for us ever since he arrived, but I think Albrighton will have a great season under Rodgers and will suit the high press and quick attacks when we win the ball back high up. Even to the point where we are perfectly happy not to have signed a winger this window.