Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Burnley Match Thread

Just got back from the game, What happened, We played some good stuff first half, Burnley never looked in the game. Dont know what craig said at half time but we never got started again, Burnley went to a five man midfield and we started to Hoof !!!!!! And what about the Subs, Tiatto at left back when we chasing the game ?, Taking elvis off who tore them apart first half ?? and then take syoung joe off and brings on a defensive midfielder. It is so frustrating to be a city fan !!!!

It's bad i know but i would have taken 6 points against Watford, Burnley and Cov.

so lets wait till the weekend,

No what am i saying we were shit tonight, had the chance to get amongst the leaders and blew it.

Levein has to get wise Tactically, he doesn't seem to have a Plan B.

It's bad i know but i would have taken 6 points against Watford, Burnley and Cov.

so lets wait till the weekend,

No what am i saying we were shit tonight, had the chance to get amongst the leaders and blew it.

CL's learning processes do seem to be a little slow. :( <_<

Just got back from the game, What happened, We played some good stuff first half, Burnley never looked in the game. Dont know what craig said at half time but we never got started again ... It is so frustrating to be a city fan !!!!

What did Craig say at half time?

Did he say "take it easy"?

Did he say "defend and we'll take the 3 points by scoring a sneaky one"?

Whatever he said, it was the wrong stuff to say!

Hate to say it... but KEEP THE FAITH !!

Beginning to feel he isn't the man to take us forward, but we have to persevere with him as I'm sure we won't go down !!!

I have a girlfriend and father-in-law who are mad Chelsea fans so I've just got txtd with 'Akinbiyi' but I couldn't care less... AT LEAST LEICESTER IS A PROPER CLUB !! :devil::devil:

In his post-match interview, Levein said:

"Burnley had a game plan. They did a similar thing to Wolves a couple of weeks ago.

"They came here to try and get the draw and hoped to hit us on the break, and they did that"

He knew what was coming and still was unable to prepare for it sufficiently...

That result and performance had nothing to with:

Tactics,

Team Selection,

Formation

Apart from Rab who had next to nothing to do bar save Dublin the embarrasment of an own goal and pick the ball out of the goal everyone else was piss poor, I've never seen so many:

Misplaced passes

Inept/week passes

Overhit passes

Over ambitious passes

or Wrong choices

In one game.

There was a collection tonight for the earthquake victims if any of them have just one iota of a conscience they should all donate their weeks pay to it because they certainly didn't deserve one penny of it.

Craig I have great sympathy for you tonight as you were very, very badly let down by your players tonight, hell the little kids playing at halftime showed more passing ability than that shower of shite.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: TWATS

Tactics,

Team Selection,

Formation

Apart from Rab who had next to nothing to do bar save Dublin the embarrasment of an own goal and pick the ball out of the goal everyone else was piss poor, I've never seen so many:

Misplaced passes

Inept/week passes

Overhit passes

Over ambitious passes

or Wrong choices

In one game.

There was a collection tonight for the earthquake victims if any of them have just one iopta of a conscience they should all donate their weeks pay to it because they certainly didn't deserve one penny of it.

Craig I have great sympathy for you tonight as you were very, very badly let down by your players tonight, hell the little kids playing at halftime showed more passing ability than that shower of shite.

Well said mate, overpaid w**k! They need to actually train in training.

Hmm ok so you are saying the only/main reason was crap play by the players.

Then I find Levein's comment a bit strange:

"We have to learn to be brave at 0-0 when we are playing at home. We didn't do that tonight."

Is he saying that they were playing badly because they lacked courage? ie they were afraid to make mistakes? Well they bl**dy did make plenty of mistakes anyway...

I thought we were average in the first half, but beyond abysmal in the second. It was the same line up as Saturday, so why was it so different?

The players need to take a good look at themsleves because the second half was appalling. There seemed to be no cohesion in our play at all. Far too often the midfield would be bypassed with balls lumped up to de Vries, who was crowded out most of the time. Sylla and Hamill were supposed to maintain width, but both were dragged in and left their full backs vunerable. Sylla must have thought he was Twatto because he was all over the place in midfield to no particular effect. I thought Sylla was generally dire apart from the odd trick and flick - how often does he faff around on the ball and lose it?

I always knew tonight would be a close game with Burnley's negative attitude, but we didn't put enough pressure on them. For long patches in the second half, even after they had taken the lead, they had so much time on the ball as they passed it across their back 4 and midfield with relative ease. There was no urgency in closing down and taking the initiative to win the ball back high up the pitch. With Mad Frank in defence, we should have taken advantage of his panicy nature.

Tactics,

Team Selection,

Formation

Misplaced passes

Inept/week passes

Overhit passes

Over ambitious passes

or Wrong choices

In one game.

There was a collection tonight for the earthquake victims if any of them have just one iota of a conscience they should all donate their weeks pay to it because they certainly didn't deserve one penny of it.

:(

:(

What CR@P !!

Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t it up to the manager to bestow the passion and bravery and all the things into the players that Craig said was lacking tonight..Come on, a team just suddenly doesn’t become rubbish in 3 days especially after a win

I am sorry to voice this but:

CRAIG ADMIT IT Y O U A R E J U S T N O T G O O D E N O U G H !!

As many of you have already posted tonight and on other occasions your team selections, tactic’s and choice of formations are woeful so I put it to you Craig, Sit down and do something you clearly aren’t doing and listen to people, play the correct player in his position not your blue eyed boys, i.e. Kisnorbo, just because you talked him up to be some player he clearly isn’t don’t play him just to save your face, and if you can’t sort it RESIGN and give the next manager (Ooops just opens that up to another topic) a chance of making us great again, as I am sick an tired of coming away from matches feeling cheated and short changed

Right I feel better now. Anybody wants to reply and accuse me of not backing the club, manager, and call me a poor supporter (I have been for 16 years) please go ahead that’s what a forum is for (and no this is not a sarcastic dig it’s an open invite)

I can't fu cking believe it, I went out this evening confident of at LEAST a point - and we lost badly judging by what you guys have said. What is going on? I have after consideration over the last few weeks backed Levein, but now I don't know if he can hack it. We can give Craig the benfit of the doubt only so many times - a loss to Cov at the weekend now would be very dire for me.

jesus christ what a bad game. its now wednesday early in the am. and i struggled to sleep last night because we lost to Burnley at home ****s sake! the whole team was awfull, the only one who had an ok game from my point of view was paddy mccarthy and even he made me nervous at times. joe hammil did well its the 1st time i've seen him play but CL made some crazy changes when 1-0 down. and it just had to be ade akinbadbuy didnt it. leicester **** reject.

Archived