Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yes N'Didi

18/19 Away Tickets Sell Outs

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Looks alright on the surface but the points system is flawed as long as they keep giving people 50 points each season for renewing their ST. It makes it almost impossible to catch up. Say someone had their first season ticket this season, they'd have 50 away points. Say they did every away game they could have done on their own reference this season, they'd get another 18 points, so accumulating 68 points a season. 

The problem is that a ST holder from days of old will get 50 points whacked on their tally every season regardless of if they bother with any away or not. So this means our new ST holder is closing the gap at 18 points a season. Given P1 is a what nowadays, 350/360 points something like that(?), closing the gap by attending almost every away game and getting to P1 would take almost 20 seasons. 

You could argue it's redundant as you can get to most aways with low point STs/memberships, but with the real possibility of Europe (where LCFC lie to the fans saying picking up your ticket in person is mandatory IE no reference borrowing), it does make a difference. 

So how do you want it to work? All new fans have preference over old, you don't need a ST/membership to be top of the queue?

How long have you had a ST and how many points do you have?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, red5 said:

So how do you want it to work? All new fans have preference over old, you don't need a ST/membership to be top of the queue?

Did I say that? Don't recall saying that. 

21 minutes ago, red5 said:

How long have you had a ST and how many points do you have?

Irrelevant really seeing as I didn't actually complain about the system, I just pointed out a loophole. I'm fine for tickets, but thanks for your concern :) 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Did I say that? Don't recall saying that. 

Irrelevant really seeing as I didn't actually complain about the system, I just pointed out a loophole. I'm fine for tickets, but thanks for your concern :) 

Everyone knows it's not perfect even the club know but what would be a fairer system?

Why did you post unless you think it's not fair, state what you think would be better.

I'm not concerned about you having tickets, we all know it's easy to get them, what's relevant is how you get them within the structure you say is flawed.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh but i think the point is building up points towards what. As sol said, closing the gap for a new STH would take many years. If there's another title winning season or European football, closing the gap will not get you a ticket for such high profile games

So who should have priority over high profile games?

1 hour ago, red5 said:

Everyone knows it's not perfect even the club know but what would be a fairer system?

Why did you post unless you think it's not fair, state what you think would be better.

I'm not concerned about you having tickets, we all know it's easy to get them, what's relevant is how you get them within the structure you say is flawed.

After a quick think, I'd propose: 

- Stop adding 50 points on for renewing your ST. 

- Take away the points gained from this avenue over the 5(?) seasons that could towards your away points, IE taking P1 down from 380 or whatever to 130. 

This would do a few things: 

- Means P1/2/3 people would keep their place in the queue as everyone in those brackets would lose the same amoumt of points (250). 

- Gives new ST holders a better chance of catching up. My example ST holder above would take much less time to catch up attending 18 aways a season.

- P1s/2s wouldn't be able to rest of their laurels getting 50 points a season for nothing, they'd maintain their top tier level by still attending as they used to. 

Just a couple of adjustments that would mean no one would be worse off and people have a realistic chance of catching up.

• Like 1

Sol has a fair point.

Not sure he's suggesting those that have been going for years don't deserve reward. But I managed to get my daughter, foresight gtanted a Season ticket when she was 2 or 3. She how is 8 and has 280 plus points. So she must have been 3. She's never been to an away a game. But gets 50 points every year for me renewing her ticket. 

Think sols point is award away points for going to aways. It might not change the order over night. But his point of earning 50 points for nothing over earning 19 for actually going to every away still maintains the status quo.

I travelled away for years under o'neill and took a break until our l1 season. I probably then didn't do loads of aways until our title winning season under nige. I managed to get to nearly every game in the title season and got every champions league game in. Why because I'm 50 points better off every season before it starts. My lad missed every CL away because only Porto got to his points. Anyone who hasn't held a season ticket for what about 6 years now can never make up that 31 game deficit even if they go every away.

• Like 2

Will have managed 17 of the 19 away games in the league and Wolves in the league cup in first year of having season tickets - Huddersfield thanks to buying off here. Fingers crossed  I can keep it up next season. First year of regular away trips and I’ve loved it, even if this an ‘average season’

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 29/04/2019 at 17:59, worth_the_wait said:

Final update of the season ...

Man Utd        - sold out (reached members)
Southampton    - available
Bournemouth    - sold out (reached season tickets 300-304 points)
Wolves (League Cup) - available
Newcastle U    - available (handful left mid afternoon day before)
Arsenal        - sold out (reached general sale)
Cardiff C      - sold out (reached general sale)
Brighton & HA  - sold out (reached general sale)
Fulham         - sold out (reached general sale) + extra tickets (pay on the gate)
C. Palace      - sold out (reached general sale)
Chelsea        - sold out (reached members)   (only on sale to ST holders and members)
Everton        - available
Newport Co (FA Cup) - sold out (reached season tickets 320-329 points)
Wolves         - sold out (reached general sale)
Liverpool      - available (approx 180 left 24 hours before KO)
Tottenham H    - sold out (reached general sale)
Watford        - sold out (reached general sale)
Burnley        - sold out (reached general sale)
Huddersfield T - sold out (reached season tickets 200-249 points)
West Ham       - sold out (reached general sale)
Man City       - sold out (reached general sale, just)  (on sale to Fox members for 11 days)

Could well be wrong but I get the vibe more games will sell out earlier this year. They are probably right but the club seem confident as they now are stating to put on ticket details that there will be no general sale.

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Could well be wrong but I get the vibe more games will sell out earlier this year. They are probably right but the club seem confident as they now are stating to put on ticket details that there will be no general sale.

This is only for Chelsea and was the same policy last year - i'd assume it's in agreement with CFC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with Sol here.

Years ago it used to be based on how many aways you attended in the prior season.

I think a three year look back and scrapping the 50points for a ST renewal would be a fairer more inclusive system for all.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2019 at 09:17, SemperEadem said:

There has been no General Sale for Chelsea away the last few years, although I’m not sure why exactly. No mention of it for Sheffield United away.