Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yes N'Didi

18/19 Away Tickets Sell Outs

Just for reference, please feel free to update as and when these sell out.

Manchester United - General Sale (SOLD OUT) - FULL allocation 3129 tickets.

Southampton - General Sale (did NOT sell out) - initial PART allocation of 2610 which was increased.

Bournemouth - 300+ (SOLD OUT) - FULL allocation of 1325 tickets

Edited by Yes N'Didi
  • Like 3

Interesting thread for reference this.

A pattern is emerging, with Bournemouth always an exception of course. It will be good to post this when we draw Forest away in the FA Cup quarter final, in response to all the moaners with no away priority points, when it sells out fairly early. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/08/2018 at 15:09, Yes N'Didi said:

Just for reference, please feel free to update as and when these sell out.

Southampton - General Sale (did NOT sell out) - initial PART allocation of 2610 which was increased.

Wolves (Cup) - General Sale - FULL allocation 3,000 tickets

Newcastle - General Sale - FULL allocation 3,000 tickets

Arsenal - General Sale - FULL allocation 3,003 tickets

Can be edited once (if) games sell out. Wolves won't sell out, Newcastle might and Arsenal, hard to say but I don't think so either.

• 2 weeks later...

Wolves (Cup) - General Sale (did NOT sell out) - FULL allocation 3,000 tickets

Newcastle - General Sale (SOLD OUT) - FULL allocation 3,000 tickets

Arsenal - General Sale - FULL allocation 3,003 tickets

Cardiff - Fox Members FULL allocation 3125 tickets

Brighton

Fulham

Crystal Palace

Chelsea

Everton

Wolves

Liverpool

Spurs New Toilet/Wembley

Watford

Burnley

Huddersfield

West Ham

Man City

• Like 2

On 06/10/2018 at 08:03, Nalis said:

Good thread, as it stands it shows the getting a membership isnt worth 60 quid unless we get to a cup final.

I assume you’re either joking or you just haven’t seen the ‘free’ pen and wallet you get with every membership. Only downside is you have to wait until Christmas to receive these exciting membership goodies. 

Fantastic value for money.  

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

And the latest 4 away games have been sold out:

Brighton & HA   3031 tickets - sold out (reached general sale)
Fulham          2711 tickets - sold out (reached general sale)
Crystal Palace  2369 tickets - sold out (reached general sale)
Chelsea         2990 tickets - sold out (reached members)

(Chelsea away tickets were only going to be sold to ST holders and members, so it was never going to make general sale anyway)

10 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

And the latest 4 away games have been sold out:

Brighton & HA   3031 tickets - sold out (reached general sale)
Fulham          2711 tickets - sold out (reached general sale)
Crystal Palace  2369 tickets - sold out (reached general sale)
Chelsea         2990 tickets - sold out (reached members)

(Chelsea away tickets were only going to be sold to ST holders and members, so it was never going to make general sale anyway)

Crystal Palace was the full allocation in the end wasn't it? Certainly got the same blocks we always get

11 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Crystal Palace was the full allocation in the end wasn't it? Certainly got the same blocks we always get

It's a bit strange.  

In the previous 4 seasons, we've sold out approx 2800-2900 tickets.  This year the LCFC web site said we were only getting 2369 tickets.

I wonder if Palace have kept back half of block T for themselves this year?   I reckon we only had about 500 tickets in block T this year - whereas in previous years we have near on 1000.

Selhurst Park holds just under 26,000 so under FA "rules" they don't actually have to give us a full 2900.    I'd guess that maybe Palace reckon they can sell the tickets themselves and are perhaps being a bit tight this season.     I noticed that Tottenham claimed they had 2998 tickets at Selhurst Park this season, so it doesn't really make much sense.   Unless our ticket office have just chickened-out and only asked for a reduced allocation?

btw - if the premier league 10% "rule" was honoured, they should have to give us 2600 tickets.   But I put "rule" in quotes, as clubs seems to be able to do what they like at times.   10% (or 3000) seems to be more of a guidance, rather than a hard enforced rule.

In answer to your initial question ... I don't know!

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

It's a bit strange.  

In the previous 4 seasons, we've sold out approx 2800-2900 tickets.  This year the LCFC web site said we were only getting 2369 tickets.

I wonder if Palace have kept back half of block T for themselves this year?   I reckon we only had about 500 tickets in block T this year - whereas in previous years we have near on 1000.

Selhurst Park holds just under 26,000 so under FA "rules" they don't actually have to give us a full 2900.    I'd guess that maybe Palace reckon they can sell the tickets themselves and are perhaps being a bit tight this season.     I noticed that Tottenham claimed they had 2998 tickets at Selhurst Park this season, so it doesn't really make much sense.   Unless our ticket office have just chickened-out and only asked for a reduced allocation?

btw - if the premier league 10% "rule" was honoured, they should have to give us 2600 tickets.   But I put "rule" in quotes, as clubs seems to be able to do what they like at times.   10% (or 3000) seems to be more of a guidance, rather than a hard enforced rule.

In answer to your initial question ... I don't know!

I just saw all blocks were available. Couldn't see if all seats in the final block were available. Only time will tell...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
15 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Final update of the season ...

Man Utd        - sold out (reached members)
Southampton    - available
Bournemouth    - sold out (reached season tickets 300-304 points)
Wolves (League Cup) - available
Newcastle U    - available (handful left mid afternoon day before)
Arsenal        - sold out (reached general sale)
Cardiff C      - sold out (reached general sale)
Brighton & HA  - sold out (reached general sale)
Fulham         - sold out (reached general sale) + extra tickets (pay on the gate)
C. Palace      - sold out (reached general sale)
Chelsea        - sold out (reached members)   (only on sale to ST holders and members)
Everton        - available
Newport Co (FA Cup) - sold out (reached season tickets 320-329 points)
Wolves         - sold out (reached general sale)
Liverpool      - available (approx 180 left 24 hours before KO)
Tottenham H    - sold out (reached general sale)
Watford        - sold out (reached general sale)
Burnley        - sold out (reached general sale)
Huddersfield T - sold out (reached season tickets 200-249 points)
West Ham       - sold out (reached general sale)
Man City       - sold out (reached general sale, just)  (on sale to Fox members for 11 days)

Good work on the update. Shows that the demand is there even in an "average" season.

19 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Dispels the myth if it is still around that it is impossible to get hold of away tickets.

Should also stop people moaning about it too. Most of the moaners will have at least an extra 15 points for next season. Happy days.

Looks alright on the surface but the points system is flawed as long as they keep giving people 50 points each season for renewing their ST. It makes it almost impossible to catch up. Say someone had their first season ticket this season, they'd have 50 away points. Say they did every away game they could have done on their own reference this season, they'd get another 18 points, so accumulating 68 points a season. 

The problem is that a ST holder from days of old will get 50 points whacked on their tally every season regardless of if they bother with any away or not. So this means our new ST holder is closing the gap at 18 points a season. Given P1 is a what nowadays, 350/360 points something like that(?), closing the gap by attending almost every away game and getting to P1 would take almost 20 seasons. 

You could argue it's redundant as you can get to most aways with low point STs/memberships, but with the real possibility of Europe (where LCFC lie to the fans saying picking up your ticket in person is mandatory IE no reference borrowing), it does make a difference. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Looks alright on the surface but the points system is flawed as long as they keep giving people 50 points each season for renewing their ST. It makes it almost impossible to catch up. Say someone had their first season ticket this season, they'd have 50 away points. Say they did every away game they could have done on their own reference this season, they'd get another 18 points, so accumulating 68 points a season. 

The problem is that a ST holder from days of old will get 50 points whacked on their tally every season regardless of if they bother with any away or not. So this means our new ST holder is closing the gap at 18 points a season. Given P1 is a what nowadays, 350/360 points something like that(?), closing the gap by attending almost every away game and getting to P1 would take almost 20 seasons. 

You could argue it's redundant as you can get to most aways with low point STs/memberships, but with the real possibility of Europe (where LCFC lie to the fans saying picking up your ticket in person is mandatory IE no reference borrowing), it does make a difference. 

Yeah the ST holder should have some points for it - but it should be no more than the maximum amount of games in one season. It should be between 10 to 18 points. 

All that's happening is that the ST holders can buy tickets - flog them on and retain the points. 

I say this has some on the third rung at the moment. 

So out of 21 away fixtures, only 3 sold out to STH.

Members had a chance at attending 18 away games this season, with 16 games going to general sale.

Whilst there will always be improvements that could be made to the current system (closed shop etc) there is absolutely no excuse to not be building up points by going to aways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

So out of 21 away fixtures, only 3 sold out to STH.

Members had a chance at attending 18 away games this season, with 16 games going to general sale.

Whilst there will always be improvements that could be made to the current system (closed shop etc) there is absolutely no excuse to not be building up points by going to aways.

Yeh but i think the point is building up points towards what. As sol said, closing the gap for a new STH would take many years. If there's another title winning season or European football, closing the gap will not get you a ticket for such high profile games

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I have 306 points and realistically it'd take probably three seasons to catch up, it's much easier to use somebody else's reference