Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Football Manager 2019

7F5FA368C25B73C2433CA3FA58759823D8509434

Signed about 8 years ago from Red Star for about 3m

C41C45BFC7A92F39CAE0ADA0F73D459463841F17

Signed as a 16yr old from Mladost, became one of many wonderkids. PSG ended their interest in him & have managed to tie him down for 5 more years + an optional 3 lol

CFF2918377F30FA9A3FE8A001A65733A41A81E10

Just signed for 10m from Shakhtar. Not totally convinced but obviously got good physical and mental.

DBF2ABF7139C64F3404B1AFD1C1CDEF60D6759E5

Signed about 4 years ago from Plzen or Slavia Prague for 8m

ED7344FCEC6923304131E44528D45F7A933655DA

Just signed from Vojvodina for a few million. Again need his some technical stats to improve but decent physical and great work rate/teamwork for his position

CEB48B7C5E8FA68A4EDEB5E0659BD7B29C9E1606

The world class midfielder. Had him two years now, don't think hes irreplaceable but will never get as much money as I should (teams like Barca/Man Utd won't go above 6m)

Will post some more soon since half my screenshots never saved apparently

552851E9CED1FEABFE05FF712DDFC8013DE745BD

Actually just sold him for 30m to Inter, initially a loan turning into permanently with the mandatory 30 as that is the only way I will ever make fair money on my players. Signed 2 and a half years ago from Steaua for about 5mil

E5B362407E4C50574DAFEFF7C882867CBC0F835E

Signed about 2 years ago from a Bosnian side for about 2m. Wanted by Guardiola's PSG frequently the last few years. Wonderkid

A79690CDC2EBBC137AEB5CE4F44B82F2C1B6A650

Signed from Partizan about 3 years ago for 3m

E534CECC2088A0C670FAD439F128E7F018079E78

Signed from Partizan last year for 3m, just like the player above. Was/is a wonderkid.

0F96D5A3DC32695A96021B342112F38CA21E6F3D

Signed from Brazil (Flamengo) a year ago for 600k

9909A1FE6C9F65C7A5CB5F1FBCC9E263101940FF

Signed from Partizan again for 3m this summer. Wonderkid but yet to pull up any trees

• 2 weeks later...

Getting closer.. reached the Champions League final and lost on penalties to Real Madrid after drawing 2-2. Beat Arsenal, Bayern, Barcelona on the way there and ironically topped the group ahead of Real Madrid. Its our 100 year anniverary next season so hopefully its written in the stars there somewhere. Won the league again (9 in a row) and Serbian Cup (6 in a row) but stuttered a fair bit in the league compared to previous seasons, hopefully a sign that domestically we are starting to improve.

On 06/06/2019 at 23:17, Walkers said:

Getting closer.. reached the Champions League final and lost on penalties to Real Madrid after drawing 2-2. Beat Arsenal, Bayern, Barcelona on the way there and ironically topped the group ahead of Real Madrid. Its our 100 year anniverary next season so hopefully its written in the stars there somewhere. Won the league again (9 in a row) and Serbian Cup (6 in a row) but stuttered a fair bit in the league compared to previous seasons, hopefully a sign that domestically we are starting to improve.

Has your success had a positive impact on the Serbian national team? I notice you have a lot of decent Serbian players in your squad

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

Has your success had a positive impact on the Serbian national team? I notice you have a lot of decent Serbian players in your squad

Strangely no, they've always lurked around 30-40th in the WR. The Serbian league is up to 8th in the league rankings

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On reflection perhaps me holding good young talent back playing in a fairly rubbish league hampers their development?

Anyway, job done :) Champions League won 8-7 on penalties vs Juventus! Decided last season to just go for it, signed a Brazilian RW on loan from Barca and paid his 130k wages in full which is not 'me' at all. Im like 900k under my 1.7m wage budget

Beat Liverpool on pens after 0-0 on agg. (I accidentally played my 2 star back up keeper who has made 20apps in 6 years and he saved their first 3 penalties, what a hero lol

)

Beat Chelsea 6-1 on aggregate despite conceding in the 1st minute at home in the 1st leg lol

Beat Barca 8-7 on aggregate (5-3 win at home (4-3 at HT lol ) and 3-2 defeat away

Edged the Juventus game, scoring in the first minute but conceding to a penalty in the 80th. I bought on my back up keeper in the 119th minute (my first choice absolute top class btw lol ) He saved their 8th penalty to win it us

Had 7 Serbians in my starting line up for the final, a long term Swede, Czech Brazilian and Ivorian. Also had 6 players named in the CL team of the season (ironically only 3 in the Serbian league TOTS). The best keeper, defender, midfielder (and 2nd best) and striker all play for me.

I plan on giving it 1 more season to make us world champs (big deal i know) and then leave to try and get the Serbia job (2034 so hopefully 4 years to build towards a world cup). Never particularly liked international management but im going to add a few more of the major leagues to give teams a few seasons to develop. Have a pretty decent level of knowledge of Serbian players now and what not, can see myself carefully picking squads and making sure i'm not missing blatantly class players but will probably end up not bothering lol Only issue is the current manager has been in the role a while

We're now the 3rd best team in Europe, 5 star rated. Serbian League up to 7th. Best thing so far is that my players value has absolutely rocketed to as high as 30m, mainly 20's. The maximum always seemed to be about 5m. Pretty sure its had a knock on effect with others teams in the league whos fairly average players are now valued in millions instead of 6 figures tops.

Won the league again of course for about the 11th time in a row and the Cup for the 7th, so for the first time we've won the treble in our 100th year as a club.

8FA4BAAE4251ECEAB8C7AAEC9DDFC1F504D9DC62

33BC2113296494DC129677D3AD5CFF2D403D86B5

E47DFA391A83EA28C8CCD4C8BD22F32444828F2E

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 4

Ya so I resigned for reals, announced it before my last home league game with 5 games still remaining. Nothing really changed, no new news messages, no questions in press conferences, infact the day I left, the fans were in shock so that wasn't implemented well lol Not bragging like the trophies recently have been an achievement but i've won (after 16 seasons)
13 league titles (last 12 in a row)

8 Serbian Cups (the last 8 in a row),

1 Serbian first division (for what its worth, my only other two league finishes have been 2nd)

1 Champions League

1 Super Cup

1 Club World Cup

806 games

580 Wins

145 Draws

81 Losses

Win percentage 71%

Goals scored/against 1491/386 (+1105)

Highest fee paid 18.25m

Highest fee received 35m (about 4 between 25-30m too)

Spent 130m

Receieved 207m

Players bought/sold 81/60 (half were Serbian i'm told, think its more 75% myself)

Career earnings 240k lollol

Virtually every manager of the season in Serbia lol

Lost my final game on penalties to PSG in my 3rd CL final in a row (all have gone to pens too)

For some reason after the CL final my players value nosedived by almost half. I've added England as a country to manage in and its resulted in an insane managerial merry go round lol I didn't realise all but the top 6 jobs became available (and all Championship). As per usual you get the big(ish) footballers follow you to wherever you are no matter how inferior your league is, Van Dijk, Yarmalenko, Ake, Griezmann was the latest, and a lot have been poached from Serbia. Like I said last time I want to have a crack at the Serbian national side. I was hoping their long serving manager would leave after the World Cup and right on queue he did. England offered me the job for 99k a week but the 13k Serbia offered was more appealing. Oh and Turkey won the World Cup

From beginning to end

3AAF9B512B0782C52DAE4FF0BF24B3985E8E57A9

7DC1687769AF5A820BB9C74E7F8EEFE1B4E01934

• Like 2

Just one question...actually several but as I am writing on my phone screen and getting frustrated by pressing 12 buttons at once...

Do you ever get the feeling the game is scripted? May seem a silly question as obviously by it's nature it is, but the notion that no matter what you do, there is no chance you are going to win that one game?

Also did you get a temptation to quit game and play again if you lost one?

3 minutes ago, somebum said:

Just one question...actually several but as I am writing on my phone screen and getting frustrated by pressing 12 buttons at once...

Do you ever get the feeling the game is scripted? May seem a silly question as obviously by it's nature it is, but the notion that no matter what you do, there is no chance you are going to win that one game?

Also did you get a temptation to quit game and play again if you lost one?

Yeah of course, just in the usual games against the big sides though. Think I touched on it when it first happened but I remember playing PSG probably only about 4 years into the game so my side was still obviously inferior, but their players, Mbappe inparticular, were just miles quicker than my own. Like yeah sure he's quick but its complete bollocks that he literally just runs through my defenders, it's like they're just waving him through.

• 2 weeks later...

I started a Man United save a week or so ago, seeing if I could do any better than they managed in real life. My mid to long term focus is on the academy and developing young players, but also signing high profile players without paying ridiculous wages as has become the norm at Old Trafford.

Season 1:

I identified the LB position as a real weakness and felt that Luke Shaw wasn't quite good enough to be a starting left back at a top 4 club, so I signed Telles for a very cheap £26m, and he is also only on 92k p/w.

I then really wanted to sign a top quality CB, so I was targeting Varane and Sule, I had bids accepted for both of them for ~£55m but decided to go with Sule as he only wanted 115k p/w compared to Varane who wanted 200k. This left me with very little left so I didn't make any other summer signings.

The season started off with injuries to De Gea and Romero so I had to play Grant in goal for the first 3 games, and Matic and Valencia were also already injured. I ended up losing the opening 3 games of the season, but they did include away games at Liverpool and Chelsea.

We then went on a really good run in September and October winning everything apart from a loss in the Carabao Cup to Preston. This form continued for most of the season and we pretty much floated around 3rd/4th in the league for the rest of the season. We got to the final of the FA Cup but fell short to league winners Liverpool (2-1) despite us going 1-0 up in extra time.

I made a couple of signings in January, the main one being Sancho. Who I managed to unsettle at Dortmund so they had to let him go for £40m. I then brought in Morilla as a young attacking mid option for his £1.9m release clause and then signed Sandro Tonali for £10m on deadline day to be my future Matic.

But the real highlight of the season was the Champions League campaign, we topped a group consisting of Bayern, CSKA and Young boys, winning 5 games and losing 1.

Then in the last 16 we somehow got beat 3-0 away at Porto in the 1st leg, but miraculously turned it around with Pogba scoring a hat trick in 90 mins, and then Rashford grabbing the winner in extra time to win 4-3!

In the quarters we beat Real Madrid 1-0 at the Bernabau but then got beat 1-0 at Old Trafford, we eventually won the game on penalties with De Gea saving 3 out of 6.

In the semis we managed to beat Juve, we played at home 1st and managed to knick 2 late goals to win 2-1. We then won the away leg 1-0 to set up a final against Man City.

I was expecting a really tough game vs City, but somehow we started off brilliantly and due to VAR giving us a penalty early on, we went into half time 2-0 up and managed to see out the game adding a 3rd in the second half to win the Champions League in my 1st season! 

Season 2:
Now the focus is to try and win the league, but Liverpool seemed unstoppable last season, in other news Pep and Poch have both been sacked.

My main aim players wise is to bring in a world class CAM, but apart from that I just want to give even more opportunites to all the people in the academy, as we won U18 and U23 league by an absolute mile, I've included a screenshot of all our best young prospects, the future is bright!

Manchester United_  Transfer History.png

Manchester United_  Competitions.png

Manchester United Under 23s_ Squad Players.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Currently halfway through my 4th season as Burton Albion. 2 promotions in 3 years means we're in the Premier League!

First season was fairly straightforward. Finished 4th and won the playoffs. First season in the championship was a struggle and i survived by winning on the last day of the season, i also set a record for most draws in a season that year. Following season I fluked my way into the playoffs and beat Huddersfield in the Semi's and Brighton 1-0 after extra time in the final. Halfway through the premier league season right now and we're bottom of the league after 20 games (won 1, drawn 1, lost 18) I think my luck might have run out... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Are some match engine situations unrealistic. Fair play I've got "distribute to centre backs" on but at 2-2, away from home in the 89th min, my keeper gives it my CB who has two men closing in on him. They nick it off him and tap it in. Even with that option selected he should whack the ball forward.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone seen a database for fm19 for the 2008/09 season? I wanted to take over leicester in the 3rd tier and try and win the prem before 2016 but i tried playing fm09 and its just so bad lol looking around i havent found anything yet

29 minutes ago, Walkers said:

"Data Analyst" lol

The state of some of those graphs. Looks like something I'd come up with for my year 7 IT project.

Insightful stuff.

193243954_ScreenShot2019-10-15at15_03_18.png.df474ee2ca6c420bb276dda793b29e97.png

Edited by RoboFox

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing this for the last week. Started a game unemployed and the first job in the championship that came up was Norwich so I took that.

They have such a good team and I’ve managed to get Foden on loan and Maupay for £9m. Currently top of the league with 9 games to go and I can’t have lost for about 20 games.

Got back into my Serbia game. Won my Euro 2036 qualifying group against Holland, Bulgaria, Lithuania and Luxembourg. Had a very generous Austria, Croatia and Wales in my finals group, won all the games but lost to hosts Spain in the first knockout round lol It's more enjoyable than previous international management experiences

Actually finding this international management lark quite enjoyable. After the Euros I won my nations league group ahead of Italy and world champions Turkey (think i won like 6-1 away to them), beat Spain in ET in the semis and lost to Germany on penalties. Just qualified for the 2038 World Cup in Argentina beating Switzerland on GD (we both went through anyway), we drew against each other twice and beat Hungary, Northern Ireland and Estonia. Drawn in Group B with Australia and El Salvador, for some reason we're the opening match of the tournament although Argentina and the two other teams in Group A don't have any scheduled games??????????????? lol

I have an incredibly talented young squad but not much quality depth at the minute especially on the wings. The future is definitely bright though. A lot of the youngsters are getting moves away to top European sides but not getting much regular football. Trayal have only 3rd Serbian players in their first team now, they aren't happy Pochettino bought a load of South Americans lol

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 1