Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Football Manager 2019

14 hours ago, Ricey said:

FMM is more casual and the less in-depth of the two.

FMT uses the codebase from FM on PC, 3D match and all, but is much quicker and stripped back compared to FM PC.

I personally think FMT is the better game on tablet but is obviously more expensive and a bit more complex.

Thanks for that, my IPad is one of the first gen so cant run IOS10 which FTM needs.

Looks like ill have to go with FMM then! 

On 12/02/2019 at 11:01, Walkers said:

Finally made progress in the Champions League in my 3rd attempt. Comfortably beat Olympiakos and RB Salzburg to qualify, did the double over Spartak Moscow in the group to guarantee EL football after Christmas and was only 1pt behind Man City going into the final game against them away which was an inevitable defeat. Drew 0-0 at home to Atl Madrid which was good, got Milan in the Europa next. 4pts behind Partizan in the league with a game in hand and 10 left, not having a bad season really but Partizan's form has been pretty relentless. Signed Red Star's star striker for 3.1m as my main striker was out of contract in a few months and suddenly turned unhappy when other sides of our stature came in for him so decided to cash in for 650k. It now means my side is entirely Serbian (he was from Montenegro, same thing...) Tried to get Mitrovic who is sat in Man City u23s on loan for a few months at the price of 5.5m but he obviously said no lol

These CL campaigns and results in the group stages has won me about 20m in prize money, we're now deemed rich with a balance of 40m. Managed to get a feeder club in the playable 2nd division to send some of my promising youngsters through. They're doing really really well, just hoping they don't get promoted so the link doesn't get cancelled. Never taken a game so seriously with youth teams and players etc. lol

Won the Serbian League 4 years in a row. Bank balance of 54m, reached the knockout rounds of the CL for the first time thanks to Eric Dier's red card 46 seconds into our home game with Spurs, ensured we qualified with a game to spare. Knocked out by Chelsea albeit it only just. Decided to look outside of Serbia for new players now, gotta try and move to the next level and obviously have the money to do it.Still about 350k under wage budget (my highest paid player is 11k (x2) and then about 4k lol I could have signed Mitrovic on a free for about 70k a week but i'm not that sort of guy

Does anyone dabble with the editor? I want to make a sort of British Super League system with all the teams from the English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish teams (and possibly even British Overseas Territories like Gibraltar). But whenever i do this i seem to encounter problems with the cup competitions. The league systems always work perfectly but certain teams tend to disappear from the cup competitions for some reason and i can never work out what i'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

Player moans about not playing so I play him in a cup game. Makes a mistake which leads to their goal. Game ends in defeat. That's why you don't play.

It's so annoying how much they moan now, it's never been this bad on previous versions.

Edited by Fox92

15 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Player moans about not playing so I play him in a cup game. Makes a mistake which leads to their goal. Game ends in defeat. That's why you don't play.

It's so annoying how much they moan now, it's never been this bad on previous versions.

#HitmanBenalouane

On 21/02/2019 at 13:25, TiffToff88 said:

Does anyone dabble with the editor? I want to make a sort of British Super League system with all the teams from the English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish teams (and possibly even British Overseas Territories like Gibraltar). But whenever i do this i seem to encounter problems with the cup competitions. The league systems always work perfectly but certain teams tend to disappear from the cup competitions for some reason and i can never work out what i'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

Might be better trying a fm based forum. They are usually very helpful

On 20/02/2019 at 11:25, Walkers said:

Won the Serbian League 4 years in a row. Bank balance of 54m, reached the knockout rounds of the CL for the first time thanks to Eric Dier's red card 46 seconds into our home game with Spurs, ensured we qualified with a game to spare. Knocked out by Chelsea albeit it only just. Decided to look outside of Serbia for new players now, gotta try and move to the next level and obviously have the money to do it.Still about 350k under wage budget (my highest paid player is 11k (x2) and then about 4k lol I could have signed Mitrovic on a free for about 70k a week but i'm not that sort of guy

5 years in a row. Stadium expansion in the pipeline. Made the Europa League quarter finals and made it past the quarter finals of the Serbian Cup for just the 2nd time in 9 years and went on win the whole thing for the first time lol (There's only like 5 rounds) End of an era as my captain has left for Saudi Arabia (a common next step for my players) and in doing so means I have no remaining players from when I first joined the club. His last action was lifting the Serbian Cup. Testing the waters outside of Serbia transfer wise, picked up two CM's last summer who are now wonderkids, bought for about 7m in total (Czech Rep and Chilean). Having an issue though with a number of good players who don't want to talk to me about joining because they're not keen on the living standards in the country lol Raided Red Star (who have been disappointing tbh, don't think they've finished in the top 3 for about 4 years) for some incredible scounts, all my staff are the highest average in the league. My u19's have won the u19 league 6 years on the trot now

ED288130B4569E35F7F3D80DEF10EC1B9CAAB878

119CB57A72FC0C41746EADA15E40CCB3787DAF59

16829ABFB4CD9BAECBE7A2F89CF1F228F33BBCB7

Had some bigger European clubs stalking me all summer for Vidal and Ristic. Porto started at 5, went to about 11 before I jokingly asked for 30m, they accepted. I rejected because I forgot to put end of the season lol I dont need the money (71m bank balance now) but obvs they're better than what I can offer.

Edited by Walkers

Seems better than in recent years. Stating the obvious but it only happens when you're still in all cups come the end of the season.

Bit of an overhaul now, lost my one CM wonderkid to Inter who took him on a 6 month loan in January before signing for for 25m. My other is about to join Dortmund for 26 rising to 30m. Bank balance will be around 128m with 100 of it to spend lol Becoming a bit too easy domestically now although Partizan put together a strong push last season, was about 5pts behind all season. Im unbeaten in 95 league games and conceded a whopping 5 goals last season

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Seems better than in recent years. Stating the obvious but it only happens when you're still in all cups come the end of the season.

Bit of an overhaul now, lost my one CM wonderkid to Inter who took him on a 6 month loan in January before signing for for 25m. My other is about to join Dortmund for 26 rising to 30m. Bank balance will be around 128m with 100 of it to spend lol Becoming a bit too easy domestically now although Partizan put together a strong push last season, was about 5pts behind all season. Im unbeaten in 95 league games and conceded a whopping 5 goals last season

not true in my case, went out of coppa italia lol first time that's ever happened to me though

2 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

I'd be interested to see screenshots of all of your transfer history from every season

It shows how dense you are if you think this is all transfer related. Before the 25m and 26m from the summer, my biggest fee received was 3.5m. Despite now being the most reputable club in Serbia, player values are still very low. The two midfielders were dubbed world class aged 21 and 22 yet rated at 4-5m. Every time big sides bidded for them they'd start around 6m and would never offer over 10 unless they began to panic on deadline day, in which case I wasn't prepared to let them go that late. I don't have any more players of that ilk that can fetch me 25m+. He moved to Inter and was suddenly rated at 38m.

Anyway, I get 14m every season (for about the last 7 atleast) for appearing in the CL group stages. This is fairly clear to see on the graph in September time. Something between 2-3m for every win in the Champions League and about 800k per draw so that is between 10-15m every season for the last 3 or 4 years. From memory about an extra 8m for reaching the knockout rounds which i've done 4 times now. Then about 5-10m for other shite like TV money. Domestic trophy wins unsurprisingly gets me very little. Transfers in - my record is 9m, then 8 then 5 because I buy fairly locally and don't buy big names. I'll share 3 but its not worth going any further. Why would I cheat and then brag about my finances when I could have made it 999m? I'm not that much of a fraud lol

68FB10245841134D14779F2BA017ABA407ECB519

9CE69BA5A981D1EC7A40205518A5ECC4EEC06EE4

A8AAF620B44E18E0F9DD43E1B3739F0EDB4C2B63

Edited by Walkers

3 minutes ago, Walkers said:

It shows how dense you are if you think this is all transfer related. Before the 25m and 26m from the summer, my biggest fee received was 3.5m. Despite now being the most reputable club in Serbia, player values are still very low. The two midfielders were dubbed world class aged 21 and 22 yet rated at 4-5m. Every time big sides bidded for them they'd start around 6m and would never offer over 10 unless they began to panic on deadline day, in which case I wasn't prepared to let them go that late. I don't have any more players of that ilk that can fetch me 25m+. He moved to Inter and was suddenly rated at 38m.

Anyway, I get 14m every season (for about the last 7 atleast) for appearing in the CL group stages. This is fairly clear to see on the graph in September time. Something between 2-3m for every win in the Champions League and about 800k per draw so that is between 10-15m every season for the last 3 or 4 years. From memory about an extra 8m for reaching the knockout rounds which i've done 4 times now. Then about 5-10m for other shite like TV money. Domestic trophy wins unsurprisingly gets me very little. Transfers in - my record is 9m, then 8 then 5 because I buy fairly locally and don't buy big names. I'll share 3 but its not worth going any further. Why would I cheat and then brag about my finances when I could have made it 999m? I'm not that much of a fraud lol

I never claimed that you're a fraud or a cheat. I'm just curious to her how the value of your transfers have grown over the seasons. I doubt you were buying and selling £25m players in your first season. Id imagine all the succeeds you've had has improved the league's coefficient standing amongst those in Europe. Which in turn would create more interest in players wanting to come to the league, which would increase player values

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

I never claimed that you're a fraud or a cheat. I'm just curious to her how the value of your transfers have grown over the seasons. I doubt you were buying and selling £25m players in your first season. Id imagine all the succeeds you've had has improved the league's coefficient standing amongst those in Europe. Which in turn would create more interest in players wanting to come to the league, which would increase player values

lol sorry but you liked the post above stating I was, so

No, from memory I was still only on about an 8k wage budget about 3 or 4 seasons in. I've never came close to going over the wage budget except for the first season when I club was already on par with about 2k. The coefficient has improved yeah, this is the 2nd season where winning the league puts you straight into the group stages. I've not noticed a huge difference in player quality joining because I think like in real life teams tend to give their youngsters a chance. The quality of regens from Partizan is scary and you'll get the odd one from lesser sides. I have a CAM from Partizan joining next season (not this season by accident) who is wanted by Inter/Juve and the likes. They were more than happy to take my 3m offer without wanting any profit from the next sale. So its good that they're also cheap, sadly i'm still building my facilities up so the best I can do out of my own academy is just decent back up. Player values have kind of hit a wall though.

Ive had players based in Poland and Denmark to name two that haven't been interested in entering contract talks with me because they are worried about the standard of living in Serbia which is a shame

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

lol sorry but you liked the post above stating I was, so

No, from memory I was still only on about an 8k wage budget about 3 or 4 seasons in. I've never came close to going over the wage budget except for the first season when I club was already on par with about 2k. The coefficient has improved yeah, this is the 2nd season where winning the league puts you straight into the group stages. I've not noticed a huge difference in player quality joining because I think like in real life teams tend to give their youngsters a chance. The quality of regens from Partizan is scary and you'll get the odd one from lesser sides. I have a CAM from Partizan joining next season (not this season by accident) who is wanted by Inter/Juve and the likes. They were more than happy to take my 3m offer without wanting any profit from the next sale. So its good that they're also cheap, sadly i'm still building my facilities up so the best I can do out of my own academy is just decent back up. Player values have kind of hit a wall though.

Ive had players based in Poland and Denmark to name two that haven't been interested in entering contract talks with me because they are worried about the standard of living in Serbia which is a shame

Sorry mate, my post about the editor was said in jest and sarcasm. I'm impressed you've done so well and admire your passion for the game, the way you describe it is lifelike, and rekindles that old flame that once burned for the game for me.

On the other side, I fear the game has passed me by, there's too much on the screen for me to deal with now and the processing of day to day stuff I can no longer justify if you know what I mean! So perhaps my editor post was said in slight jealousy!

Please continue your updates, I find them entertaining. How many years have you been playing football manager? Ever thought of writing a tactics guide?