Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Football Manager 2019

Very bizarre situation....

Lets get the comical thing out the way, Partizan had an 18pt lead before the league split. Half points and 7 games later I am level on points with them, and Red Star are 3pts behind with their final game still to be played

I don't understand how this works. League sorting rules state it goes on head to head. I don't know if its only on our first two games (in the preliminary stage) that count towards that or our 3rd. However I look at it the end result is still the same. I have a better H2H with Partizan. Partizan have a better H2H with Red Star. Red Star have the better H2H with me. So I don't know what will happen because the table only corrects itself after the final game is played for some daft reason.

I played my last game of the season when they had 2 games in hand. Partizan won, and then I attended their game at Radnicki and celebrated the home sides late goal like one of my own. Red Star have won their 1st game and a win in their game at Napredak (where i groundshare) will see us all finish on 47pts. Interesting times

Turns out I celebrated a totally pointless goal against Partizan lol Red Star drew, the news say Partizan are top GD which is a shame because I had them on away goals on H2H (1-0 and 2-1) and then a 2-1 win away after the split if that was to ever mean anything lol

Edited by Walkers

I was looking forward to starting a new save tomorrow after the transfer window closes tonight with Spanish 2nd Division side Elche, they have now just sold their main striker for his release clause, now with how the spanish league works they get an extra 10 days extra to replace him, going to have to wait even longer!

I see they don't take the world cup away from Qatar on this game. I noticed my fixtures were messed up but now realise whats going on. My winter break usually goes from early December to mid February, this year its late October to 31st December. European competitions i've just noticed the first 3 games in the group stages are played in consecutive weeks from the usual stage in mid September lol 4th and 5th are where 3rd and 4th usually are with the 6 round of games after the world cup in the first week of January lol

Not long bought this to play on the laptop. One thing that is annoying me which I'm guessing is a bug is that some of the text vanishes. So for example a players name will show as J mie V rd, or their values will be 2 ,0 0,000.

does anyone else have this problem? and if so, any ideas on how to fix it?

Serbia is brilliant. So much young talent about at cheap price. Helped by my 10m+ transfer budget and being 50k under my wage budget lol

How can I change the date my players return for pre season training? I swear you used to be given the option

Edited by Walkers

Got a balance of 25m now. Upgraded training facilities a few years ago (although only from below average to adequate), and just had my youth facilities upgraded a day after the board finally gave into my begging for a new stadium to be built. 14k all seater ready in 18 months. No shame in our Champions League campaign with unlucky late defeats away at Bayern, Atl Madrid and Dynamo Kiev. Finished 4th and sadly missed out on Europa League after Christmas on away goals on H2H with Dynamo.

The squad is as strong as ever, pinched a 17yo first team RB from Red Star a year ago for just 600k and is now wanted by Europe's biggest clubs. The u19s have won their league for the last two years and look good to make it 3. Also made the semi finals of the champions league last year Guaranteed a top 8 finish a few weeks before Christmas too lol The goals conceded though :nigel:

EDB37E4348B20A5A8FA414EF9D8F84FBFA52CEE6

5737E4A3DA2BB0A510BD36BFAD92FC515CDB3F67

Edited by Walkers

On 04/02/2019 at 11:10, dbtcity said:

In the same boat... what we saying FM fans?

It’s the best in a long time. Tactics are more realistic to current tactics also. Pressing is actually pressing for example. All just much better than last year :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It’s the best in a long time. Tactics are more realistic to current tactics also. Pressing is actually pressing for example. All just much better than last year :) 

I took the plunge after seeing it for £22 on cdkeys, enjoying it to be fair! Can see it being like every other fm/cm I’ve ever had where I lose days lol 

On 08/02/2019 at 12:44, Walkers said:

Got a balance of 25m now. Upgraded training facilities a few years ago (although only from below average to adequate), and just had my youth facilities upgraded a day after the board finally gave into my begging for a new stadium to be built. 14k all seater ready in 18 months. No shame in our Champions League campaign with unlucky late defeats away at Bayern, Atl Madrid and Dynamo Kiev. Finished 4th and sadly missed out on Europa League after Christmas on away goals on H2H with Dynamo.

The squad is as strong as ever, pinched a 17yo first team RB from Red Star a year ago for just 600k and is now wanted by Europe's biggest clubs. The u19s have won their league for the last two years and look good to make it 3. Also made the semi finals of the champions league last year Guaranteed a top 8 finish a few weeks before Christmas too lol The goals conceded though :nigel:

EDB37E4348B20A5A8FA414EF9D8F84FBFA52CEE6

5737E4A3DA2BB0A510BD36BFAD92FC515CDB3F67

Finally made progress in the Champions League in my 3rd attempt. Comfortably beat Olympiakos and RB Salzburg to qualify, did the double over Spartak Moscow in the group to guarantee EL football after Christmas and was only 1pt behind Man City going into the final game against them away which was an inevitable defeat. Drew 0-0 at home to Atl Madrid which was good, got Milan in the Europa next. 4pts behind Partizan in the league with a game in hand and 10 left, not having a bad season really but Partizan's form has been pretty relentless. Signed Red Star's star striker for 3.1m as my main striker was out of contract in a few months and suddenly turned unhappy when other sides of our stature came in for him so decided to cash in for 650k. It now means my side is entirely Serbian (he was from Montenegro, same thing...) Tried to get Mitrovic who is sat in Man City u23s on loan for a few months at the price of 5.5m but he obviously said no lol

These CL campaigns and results in the group stages has won me about 20m in prize money, we're now deemed rich with a balance of 40m. Managed to get a feeder club in the playable 2nd division to send some of my promising youngsters through. They're doing really really well, just hoping they don't get promoted so the link doesn't get cancelled. Never taken a game so seriously with youth teams and players etc. lol

Edited by Walkers

I've had a save running for about 2 months now and had no issues with it. Saved the game this morning and shut the laptop down as usual.

Have gone to play on it again this afternoon and steam is saying the game isn't installed and is saying I need to reinstall it.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you get round it ?

i presume if I install the game again I will loose my save ?

Thanks in advance 

23 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I've had a save running for about 2 months now and had no issues with it. Saved the game this morning and shut the laptop down as usual.

Have gone to play on it again this afternoon and steam is saying the game isn't installed and is saying I need to reinstall it.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you get round it ?

i presume if I install the game again I will loose my save ?

Thanks in advance 

Pretty sure if you save the file to a memory stick it would be okay to play once reinstalled

Edited by Walkers

On 12/02/2019 at 13:30, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Thinking of getting this for Ipad for an 11 hour flight. 

Does anyone have any idea what the differences are between the £14.99 & £6.99 versions? (Doesn't look a lot from the images) Is it worth getting it all? 

FMM is more casual and the less in-depth of the two.

FMT uses the codebase from FM on PC, 3D match and all, but is much quicker and stripped back compared to FM PC.

I personally think FMT is the better game on tablet but is obviously more expensive and a bit more complex.

31 minutes ago, Ricey said:

FMM is more casual and the less in-depth of the two.

FMT uses the codebase from FM on PC, 3D match and all, but is much quicker and stripped back compared to FM PC.

I personally think FMT is the better game on tablet but is obviously more expensive and a bit more complex.

I’ve been playing on switch and was wondering what the switch version is missing compared to the PC game?

13 hours ago, Samilktray said:

I’ve been playing on switch and was wondering what the switch version is missing compared to the PC game?

Compared to FM PC it's missing things like press conferences, team talks...basically the more advanced user features that tend to slow things down.

Under the hood the game mechanics are pretty much the same.