Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings : Leicester City 1-2 Everton - Vote Now

Leicester City 1-2 Everton

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.5

Total Average Rating

153 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Ben Chilwell 6.6
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Wes Morgan 3.2
  4. Manager Confidence 78% -14%

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 06/10/18
Voting Ends: 11/10/18

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Daniel Amartey
  3. Wes Morgan
  4. Harry Maguire
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Nampalys Mendy
  7. Wilfred Ndidi
  8. Ricardo Pereira
  9. Kelechi Iheanacho
  10. James Maddison
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Marc Albrighton (sub)
  13. Rachid Ghezzal (sub)
  14. Shinji Okazaki (sub)

33 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Looks like people being really harsh overall :)

We weren't that bad that only two players deserve an average over 6...

For me 5.5 is average.

Only Chilly and Mendy were better than that.

Other players were just under or well under.

Disappointed in Vardy, Ndidi and Morgan.

Kasper was never in charge of his 6 yd area and at fault for the first - which cost us the game.

Ricardo scored a great goal and was good going forward but very poor covering Amartey which is his job, plus he was sent a sucker for the first goal

Amartey was okay but nothing more - he needs too much time to decide on his forward pass.

Morgan was a bomb scare killed for pace, indecisive when he should've just booted it away and his only pass is across field to Amartey who he doesn't give enough time.

Maguire was okay but made at least one terrible pass which should have cost us a goal, better second half than first

Chilly really was very good

Ndidi, was giving the ball away or giving hospital passes more often than not. I love him as a player but he's young and still has a lot to learn.

Mendy saved us many times and worked very hard in both directions, made a few incisive passes

Iheanacho passed backwards to marked defenders and miscontrolled too many balls today. Rarely found a decent pass.

Maddison worked hard and was okay but could have done better with a few passes and that shot!

Vardy had more chances today than in 6 games this season and was found wanting, not quite on his game and it cost us. He should have scored at least once, on his day he'd have had a hat-trick.

Albrighton came on and unusually lost the ball and was found wanting.

Ghezall came on and stunk the place up

Shinji came on and did nothing.

We needed Gray to come on as a sub.

2 above average marks seems about right to me.

We should have won this game and I thought we would until Morgan got himself sent off. He was an idiot today. Everton have some skill and speed but we didn't take advantage of their defence or of our chances. They only won because of a wonder goal and Morgan's foolishness.

I don't blame Puel at all. The team is in flux at the moment, I like the way we're going but he does need to sort out the central defence. I can accept conceeding once a game because we are set up to score at least once every game. Our experienced players let us down today and hopefully this second red will give Puel the excuse he needed to move omd Wes on.

Sadly we can't play a high line because the defence apart from Chilly is too slow but we can't play deep because Kasper cannot control his 6 yd box.

4 hours ago, Mark said:

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 06/10/18
Voting Ends: 11/10/18

1. Kasper Schmeichel 5
  2. Daniel Amartey   5
  3. Wes Morgan    3
  4. Harry Maguire   5
  5. Ben Chilwell 6
  6. Nampalys Mendy   7
  7. Wilfred Ndidi    5
  8. Ricardo Pereira   5
  9. Kelechi Iheanacho    4
  10. James Maddison   4
  11. Jamie Vardy   5
  12. Marc Albrighton (sub)   4
  13. Rachid Ghezzal (sub)   3
  14. Shinji Okazaki (sub)  n/a

Kasper 6 Don’t really blame him for the goal but do wish he would control his area more. Couple of good saves in the second half 

Amartey 5 Puel’s fault for his poor display. A player playing out of position and it showed 

Maguire 6 Did ok

Morgan 4 Again, manager’s fault for picking him. I love Wes but his legs have gone and for him to still be starting when we spent over £30m on three centre halves in the summer tells you all you need to know about our recruitment. Deserved the red. 

Chilwell 8 MOTM by miles. Covering the whole left side really because I have no idea where Maddison was supposed to be playing. 

Ricardo 6 Absolutely fantastic goal but defensively he was poor. 

Ndidi 6 Very poor in distribution. 

Mendy 7 Neat and tidy. Wish he’d try and go forward a bit more though. 

Maddison 6 Not sure where he was playing but was overshadowed by the best player on the pitch- Sigurdsson. Wouldn’t have subbed him off though. 

Iheanacho 5 Had one of his ‘can’t be arsed’ games. Pathetic in the build up for the first goal. Also, Vardy busted a gut to get a ball across the six yard box in the second half and Iheanacho was nowhere near where he should have been. Lazy. 

Vardy 6 Poor finish for his one on one and pretty isolated at times (isn’t he always these days?) 

Until the red I thought we were playing pretty well and would go on to win it. Feel that Wes cost us to be honest. He should know better. 

Vardy Iheanacho Maddison present a problem to Puel. If Maddison plays as a 10, Vardy lacks support but when Iheanacho partners Vardy, Maddison is pushed out of his most natural position. 

Edited by Dickov22
  • Like 1

So, managers confidence drops 14% because our most experienced player and captain, who should know a lot better, was stupid enough to be conned into silly, needless half way line tackle, Vardy missing a fantastic chance, plus two other half chances, and Amartey missing a sitter in the last seconds? 

We played well. We fully deserved our equalizer and were very much on top until Morgan's inexplicable actions. Had Vardy or even Amartey scored, the after match postings would have been totally different.

Chilwell my MOTM. His improvement this season has been spectacular. But of course the 'Puel out' camp will say this has nothing to do with Puel, nor has the fact there has been vast improvements in most of our younger players. It's the experienced players who are badly letting us down.

• Like 4

Guest MattP
  1. Kasper Schmeichel 6
  2. Daniel Amartey   5
  3. Wes Morgan    4
  4. Harry Maguire   6
  5. Ben Chilwell 6
  6. Nampalys Mendy   5
  7. Wilfred Ndidi    4
  8. Ricardo Pereira   6
  9. Kelechi Iheanacho    4
  10. James Maddison   5
  11. Jamie Vardy   5
  12. Marc Albrighton (sub)   5
  13. Rachid Ghezzal (sub)   5

4s mostly from me, with Chilwell a 7 nicking it from Mendy 6, Morgan is done 2 and a lazy performance from Iheanacho 3, Kasper partly at fault flapping at the cross for the first after statuesque defending down our right, Ndidi needs too look before he attempts to pass it and Harry did it once as well, should have had at least a point from this but you know we are going to struggle with Morgan & Amartey in the back 4. 

Up the City...:scarf: