Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxFromCoalville

Brighton & Hove Albion v Leicester City - 24 Nov 2018 @ 3PM

3 hours ago, southfox66 said:

After success at Southampton taking son on another south away game, wondering if anyone here been to Amex before and knows what train station like after game I read reports of an hour wait to get on trains after game from their tin pot station :)

Personally hang about the Amex after. Have a drink and watch the 5.30 game on the TV’s there. After last years game we waited until around 6 and the train back was notably calmer 

On 20/11/2018 at 18:21, southfox66 said:

After success at Southampton taking son on another south away game, wondering if anyone here been to Amex before and knows what train station like after game I read reports of an hour wait to get on trains after game from their tin pot station :)

Terrible to get away from. I think they even reopen the concourse bars for home fans to let the traffic clear. 

On 20/11/2018 at 18:21, southfox66 said:

It's not quite that bad  (although the wait going back to Brighton is a bit longer than the one back to Lewes).   If you're driving, I'd park up in Lewes ... a nice place for a beer, and catch the train in.

After the match ... all the bars are open (home and away),   The best thing is just to have a post match beer, let the crowds subside for 30 mins of so ... then just stroll up to the station and no waiting.  

Note that whilst there is a bus replacement from Three Bridges to Brighton, you can still catch a direct Victoria-Brighton train ... it's just that it goes via Horsham and Littlehampton and takes an hour or so longer.   But these are running half hourly eg

dep Victoria 10.06 arr Brighton 12.15, 

dep Victoria 10.36 arr Brighton 12.44