Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Arsenal 3-1 Leicester City - Vote Now

Arsenal 3-1 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.4

Total Average Rating

151 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Ben Chilwell 6.8
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Rachid Ghezzal Substitute 3.7
  4. Manager Confidence 76% -2%

Ricardo got skinned every time I saw him... worst defensive display I think I’ve ever seen by a player!

i tuned into the game just before we scored and then watched arsenal dominate so my scores are quite low haha

we need much better options up front, Vardy ain’t the man for this system

Kasper 7 Some good saves and could do nothing about the goal 

Ricardo 4 Not one of us 

Maguire 6 Not bad

Evans 6 Not bad

Amartey 5 Just can’t understand the continuing selection of him at right back. Danny Simpson is miles better 

Chilwell 6 Kept going but caught ball watching quite often 

Mendy 4 At fault for the first goal, didn’t track Ozil into the box. Limited player 

Ndidi 6 Wish he’d believe in himself more. Unlucky with the header 

Maddison 5 Some bright spells in the first half but absolutely anonymous in the second half 

Iheanacho 4 Another one of his ‘can’t be bothered’ games 

Vardy 4 A frustrated figure in a Claude Puel system unfortunately. Surely he was ill. Never seen him so lethargic 

Subs - none had an impact. I’d like to see Albrighton back in the side. We lack desire and bite under Puel I think, but he has plenty. Get him back in. 

Once again our our lack of attacking options off the bench means we have no plan B. GET HARVEY BARNES BACK

3 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Evans 6 Not bad

Amartey 5 Danny Simpson is miles better 

Once again our our lack of attacking options off the bench means we have no plan B. GET HARVEY BARNES BACK

tenor.gif

On 23/10/2018 at 06:09, Jaspa said:

Dont get what it is going infront at the Emirates completely changes the performance, we couldn't get out of our own half suddenly and stupid crap like Evans receiving the ball from a freekick and he just turns in his own shadow and falls over the ball instead of just launching it up, we spent half of the rest of the game running towards our own goal and the other penned in - we looked great before we scored, it's bizarre and the second time it's happened in two seasons.

Anyway Amartey looked very good, thought Maguire would suffer being central in the 3 at the back but he did some tidy work, Evans I don't think was great but he seems to be improving steadily. We were overrun in midfield, Mendy was running around all over the place splaying his legs about to get megged multiples and losing space all over the place, Ndidi was superb in the first half but sloppy passes are a forte of his, Chilwell superb, Ric decent, Kelechi pretty anonymous again and Vards at LW for most of it struggled, he just points at things behind him most of the time right now, can't think of anything dangerous he did.

Formation was interesting, Maddison was the most advanced with the two strikers out wide most of the time which kinda nullified their threat in ways.

Arsenal were good after their subs and cranked the heat up once we went ahead, they excell at attacking teams like ours in those situations and 10 games on the bounce, seven in the league is nothing to be gawped at.

We've now got West Ham, Cardiff, Burnley, Brighton, Watford, Fulham coming up, and Southampton in the Carabao so we have to find our feet and win some games again.

Yeah I wonder what went wrong as well with evans. He's left footed but drag that ball to his weak side instead 

21 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We ship three goals and Nacho gets a lower average rating than our centre halves and defensive mids. This place. 

Maguire is literally ball watching for the equaliser, he's got zero idea Ozil is coming.Tbqh, Morgan probably would have done better. 

In fairness, it's in the LCB position but Evans showed absolutely no positional awareness, as Mendy half heartedly tracked him in. I'd be pointing at those two before Maguire. 

29 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

In fairness, it's in the LCB position but Evans showed absolutely no positional awareness, as Mendy half heartedly tracked him in. I'd be pointing at those two before Maguire. 

I think Evans has a bit more right to be ball watching, he probably should be preparing to block any incoming cross. Maguire, Amartey, Ndidi, Mendy, etc, should all be aware of Ozil. 

Evans had a poor game, no argument, but I wouldn't single him out for that goal. 

Schmeichel - 5

Amartey - 6

Maguire - 5

Evans - 5 (both him and Maguire were decent in the first half)

Ricardo - 6 (I appreciate his offensive runs and crosses)

Mendy - 4

Ndidi - 5

Chilwell - 6 (MOTM, was 7-8 in the first half)

Maddison - 6 (him and Chilwell at least tried to create something, even if not much came out of it they gave a good effort)

Iheanacho - 5 (those missed chances! but at least he's creating himself opportunities. Wish he was technically better, more composed when shooting and passing, there's a room for improvement)

Vardy - 3

Subs - 5

I don't think blaming any (or all) of the subs is reasonable, they most likely didn't have a clue what to do, what's the plan. It looked like it was each man on his own, we barely resembled a team.

Arsenal was slightly above average, they only turned up after we pulled back and shifted down from 4th gear to 1st.

Puel - 2

Awful game management. I appreciate the idea of starting two strikers, but if one of them was sick (apparently Vardy) then he shouldn't start. That was unprofessional both from the player and especially from the manager, who should know better.

As usual, Puel didn't react accordingly as the game changed. Taking Maddison off was inexplicable. Okazaki and Ghezzal substitutions were too late, after 3-1 we just fell apart. He should start reacting during the half time already.

I'm still not Puel out yet, willing to give him time to redeem himself until December. Not holding my breath but let's see what he comes up with next, against Wham. Just don't take Maddison off FFS, it should be prohibited :mad: Hoping to see a bit more qualiteeee in the coming weeks

6 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Schmeichel - 5

Amartey - 6

Maguire - 5

Evans - 5 (both him and Maguire were decent in the first half)

Ricardo - 6 (I appreciate his offensive runs and crosses)

Mendy - 4

Ndidi - 5

Chilwell - 6 (MOTM, was 7-8 in the first half)

Maddison - 6 (him and Chilwell at least tried to create something, even if not much came out of it they gave a good effort)

Iheanacho - 5 (those missed chances! but at least he's creating himself opportunities. Wish he was technically better, more composed when shooting and passing, there's a room for improvement)

Vardy - 3

Subs - 5

I don't think blaming any (or all) of the subs is reasonable, they most likely didn't have a clue what to do, what's the plan. It looked like it was each man on his own, we barely resembled a team.

Arsenal was slightly above average, they only turned up after we pulled back and shifted down from 4th gear to 1st.

Puel - 2

Awful game management. I appreciate the idea of starting two strikers, but if one of them was sick (apparently Vardy) then he shouldn't start. That was unprofessional both from the player and especially from the manager, who should know better.

As usual, Puel didn't react accordingly as the game changed. Taking Maddison off was inexplicable. Okazaki and Ghezzal substitutions were too late, after 3-1 we just fell apart. He should start reacting during the half time already.

I'm still not Puel out yet, willing to give him time to redeem himself until December. Not holding my breath but let's see what he comes up with next, against Wham. Just don't take Maddison off FFS, it should be prohibited :mad: Hoping to see a bit more qualiteeee in the coming weeks

You know Vardy himself said he felt sick "in the second half", right? There's no mention of him feeling sick at the start.

23 hours ago, Beechey said:

You know Vardy himself said he felt sick "in the second half", right? There's no mention of him feeling sick at the start.

But he was clearly ill before the final sub and knew it. He should have let Claude know so that we didn't have to finish with 10 men.