Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxaholic  ME

Are our results so predictable we are boring

35 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well it depends on your outlook, yes we are a bit predictable and boring but I have hope and I can see where we are trying to go.

Puel, if you actually listen to what he says often laments our inability to get the ball forward quick enough and is very aware of the poor form of Nacho. I'm sure he is as frustrated as we are about our play.

But this is a young team learning the game and each others strengths, abilities and movements and that takes time and the rebuilding of the team is not yet finished .

As for having limited options up front well we don't know the background story to that but Ulloa wanted to move on and based on recent reports who on earth would want Slimani back. We also don't know if or how they may have tried to recruit replacements but we do know how difficult it is to identify and get in quality players.

Like eveyone else I don't know whether Puel can take us up to Euro games level but I'm prepare to see how it develops based on the recruitment and what I perceive as the way we trying to play.

I guess the other predictable thing is the way fans react in that some will see good and hope and others will see bad and despair.

Whichever way you view it we really have no significant input into how the football side is run, unless there's a universal anti Puel protest, which at present I don't see he's here to stay until Top decides he needs to go. and that's the way it's always been.

Until then I'm backing the team and Puel.

Very similar posts we just made at the same time Davie. Your post further sums up the way I feel.

On the fans reaction point. I agree in general, though by nature, I'm pessimistic and impatient. What's overtaken that for me though, is the feeling we just have to have a period of stability, even if it means putting up with some mediocrity. 

Whilst I still remain behind Puel, I hated watching the Spurs game. I was actually even more annoyed during the Southampton game where, even allowing for the change in personnel and the end result, we looked so much less comfortable on the ball than they did. That was a little dispiriting but that's part of the mediocrity I've mentioned I suppose.

As supporters, lets just hope that we nick a win today and the in/out merry-go-round abates a little for a week or so. That's unlikely but a good performance would probably take the edge of it a little.

Edited by Max Wall

On 10/12/2018 at 12:32, bss9401 said:

Look no further than 1980/81 under Wallace. We beat Liverpool home and away and Man U, Arsenal and Spurs at home. These were some of the most memorable wins during that era but we still got relegated. I went to all of those matches and they are precious memories. I wouldn't trade them for anything but the older and less wise me may have preferred that we had lost those games and stayed up.

Next season, provided that we stay up will potentially be a cracker. I am frustrated and puzzled by Puel's style and matchday decisions but the future is potentially bright. Lord help him, though if we get dragged into a relegation scrap this season.

This will be the time when even  I would start to get negative..

Has mentioned...I believe this season we would hang and yo-yo  between 7-14th.

If we slip into that 15th spot,and players are struggling to realise hoped potential,then club do not invest in January!!!

I could change my stance and attitude.Until then I want to see how the squad,and selected gameday players,see us

performing,how the results pan-out , upto middle of January.Thats upto and including the Southampton game.

Even if we have great cup runs,if our league position as us facing a real relegation situation,then yes I would then be asking

Questions of Puel's potential future....Something at the moment,is far off and imo  won't be needed...