Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 0-1 Man Utd - Vote Now

Leicester City 0-1 Man Utd

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.7

Total Average Rating

120 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Harvey Barnes 7.2
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Kelechi Iheanacho Substitute 3.9
  4. Manager Confidence 63% -14%

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 03/02/19
Voting Ends: 08/02/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Harry Maguire
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Nampalys Mendy
  7. Wilfred Ndidi
  8. Demarai Gray
  9. James Maddison
  10. Harvey Barnes
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Rachid Ghezzal (sub)
  13. Shinji Okazaki (sub)
  14. Kelechi Iheanacho (sub)

Surprising marks are so low. We played at least as well as Manure perhaps better. 1 mistake cost us the game.

I'd have Barnes motm, good scores for Chilwell, Gray, Maddison. Reasonable for Evans, Maguire, below average for Kasper, Ricardo, vardy, shinji and Iheanacho and poor for Ndidi and Mendy.

Puel couldn't have done much better.

8 Barnes

7 Maguire, Ghezzal (only partly to piss off the moaners :D)

6 Evans, Chilwell, Ndidi, Maddison, Okazaki

5 Schmeichel (irritatingly erratic distribution), Ricardo, Gray, Vardy, Iheanacho

4 Mendy

Puel: Stay until at least November (unless we go into complete meltdown); the future is bright...possibly

Edited by Alf Bentley

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

8 Barnes

7 Maguire, Ghezzal (only partly to piss off the moaners :D)

6 Evans, Chilwell, Ndidi, Maddison, Okazaki

5 Schmeichel (irritatingly erratic distribution), Ricardo, Gray, Vardy, Iheanacho

4 Mendy

Puel: Stay until at least November (unless we go into complete meltdown); the future is bright...possibly

I'm sorry but how in gods name can okazaki be rated higher than anyone.... he was awful. Mendy was never a 4, that's very harsh 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I'm sorry but how in gods name can okazaki be rated higher than anyone.... he was awful. Mendy was never a 4, that's very harsh 

Matter of opinion. While Okazaki didn't do anything spectacularly good during his cameo, he combined well with others and played a fair few decent short passes.

I think some people are marking him down harshly because some of his other performances as a sub have been poor. I thought he was OK today.

Mendy did little in terms of moving the ball forward, didn't tackle very well by his standards and lost/gave the ball away several times, as I recall.

Maybe he merited a 5 rather than a 4, but no more than that.....but it's all just perceptions and opinions.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Matter of opinion. While Okazaki didn't do anything spectacularly good during his cameo, he combined well with others and played a fair few decent short passes.

I think some people are marking him down harshly because some of his other performances as a sub have been poor. I thought he was OK today.

Mendy did little in terms of moving the ball forward, didn't tackle very well by his standards and lost/gave the ball away several times, as I recall.

Maybe he merited a 5 rather than a 4, but no more than that.....but it's all just perceptions and opinions.

Thought Mendy actually moved the ball forward quite a few times today esp in the first half, rating nacho higher than Mendy is just criminal.

21 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Thought Mendy actually moved the ball forward quite a few times today esp in the first half, rating nacho higher than Mendy is just criminal.

Ah, well. All perceptions and opinions. Mendy is currently averaging 4.6 from 71 votes and second-bottom in this poll, for what it's worth.

Nacho was poor yet again (confidence completely shot, I think), but he was only on for 10 minutes, if that. Hard to rate him too low based on 10 mins, unless he banged a hat-trick into his own net. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

? this forum doesn’t like nacho, Okazaki does absolutely **** all and is at 4.9 rating, nacho does **** all and is 3.4 rating, both in affective, and poor option if we are chasing the game

You are right, but at least Okazaki tries hard, and looks as if he actually cares. Credit him for that even if he offers nothing!

But Nacho fully deserves the pasting he gets on here. He just doesn't seem interested. When a team is chasing a game, and he just stands there pointing at others to cover, when he has just come on and has the freshest legs, is basically disgusting. I'm afraid he'll end up like Beckford, playing for Bury in league one. I honestly think has turned into the worst signing (and I've seen many) we've ever made.

If we put Simpson up front I'd bet he'd have more impact that them both.

As for ratings:

Kasper 6 (not that much to do)

Ricardo 6 (lost confidence to pass and run at them after his error for their goal)

Evans 7 (solid)

Maguire 7 (Played well)

Chilwell 8 (just love watching him)

Mendy 6 (I thought he was better than the majority on here)

Ndidi 5 (Not as good as v Liverpool, would have liked to have seen Hamza play yesterday)

Gray 5 (After two decent games, he looked lost yesterday. Not sure why Puel removed Maddison and not Gray)

Maddison 7 (Not as great yesterday as some on here have suggested, but better than recent games)

Barnes 7 (A good game overall. Once he beds in with a run of games I think he'll be another good player for us)

Ghezzal 8 (He really tried to change the game. He looks as if he WANTS to make it. The free kick was excellent and he worked hard)

Okazakki 5 

Nacho 2 (See above, and lucky to get a 2)

Puel - Stay. Players are certainly trying and playing for him. Would hope the Mendy/Ndidi partnership is coming to an end. One or other please.

• Like 1

Kasper 6 Distribution awful at times 

Ricardo 6 Don’t blame him entirely for the goal; he looked down the line and Vardy hasn’t made the run (is this instructional or just Vardy’s decision? Rarely see him run the channels now) 

Evans 8 Thought he played well despite missing the sitter second half

Maguire 8 Played well 

Chilwell 7 Did fine

Gray 6 Bit quiet 

Mendy 5 Sloppy in possession on several occasions. Just don’t understand his continued selection. Especially when Choudhury has looked so good 

Ndidi 6 Not bad but not as dominant as he was at Anfield 

Barnes 8 MOTM. He is going to be one hell of a player 

Maddison 6 Some good feet in the second half but wasn’t in the game much. Wish we’d play him in midfield where he can have more of an influence 

Vardy 5 Isolated as usual and missed a really good chance second half 

Ghezzal did well when he came on. Other two are a complete waste of time. 

Puel to go. Don’t think I’ll change my mind on it. 

Wasn’t able to watch the match so thought I would check the player ratings out from the newspapers. One scored Maguire and Barnes high (8 & 7 ) the other scored them both low with Maguire given 4 and Barnes 5 . I suppose we all see different things but these people are supposed to be pros!