Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Spurs Away Post Match 3-1

Just watching the goal again, and what stood out was some of the off the ball work by Iheanacho: 

10 seconds in, lays the ball to Ricardo, then immediately on his bike, behind the tracking midfielder to get an yard or so headstart and between CB and LB for the ball down the line. Instead, it comes back inside, plays along the left before heading back over. Iheanacho has a quick burst into space away from three defenders, to receive the ball and immediately pop it back to Maddison before spinning and going back beyond the three that have pulled out slightly with his initial movement - and a simple clipped ball has him in behind. 

While it continues to be played around and he was playing off Vardy (look at his movement when Ricardo is released for the cross, he's in the position for the cutback) so didn't get the goal, it's really good striking play and if he can find the self belief to trust his game and carry that on, the goals will start flowing. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Just watching the goal again, and what stood out was some of the off the ball work by Iheanacho: 

10 seconds in, lays the ball to Ricardo, then immediately on his bike, behind the tracking midfielder to get an yard or so headstart and between CB and LB for the ball down the line. Instead, it comes back inside, plays along the left before heading back over. Iheanacho has a quick burst into space away from three defenders, to receive the ball and immediately pop it back to Maddison before spinning and going back beyond the three that have pulled out slightly with his initial movement - and a simple clipped ball has him in behind. 

While it continues to be played around and he was playing off Vardy (look at his movement when Ricardo is released for the cross, he's in the position for the cutback) so didn't get the goal, it's really good striking play and if he can find the self belief to trust his game and carry that on, the goals will start flowing. 

Yeah I noticed the same and I think it is important to highlight it.  He gets a lot of stick (a lot of it I can understand even though personally I do not like having a dig at players) so I think we should acknowledge when he does things well.  I still feel there is a good player in there and I think he suffers from a desperate lack of confidence at the moment compounded by having a manner which some people (wrongly I believe) think means he is lazy or has a bad attitude.  It is the same as Gray, some people faces make other people think they are mardy/lazy/etc.  He definitely has been a let down so far and he may never be anything more than a failed transfer but nice to see him have a good hand in the goal and I hope at some point his performances improve.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

On 11/02/2019 at 23:48, gw_leics772 said:

Is there a chance we might have made them look average and there for the taking?

The form guide and league table seems to suggest they are not bad teams overall AND in good form.

But im sure you're right. Far more likely that 2 of the top 5 (make that 3 with the title favourites) all had a bad day at the office and we should have beat them all.

Have a word 

What your point?

Were have I said we should be beating them, I said they were there for the taking on the basis of how the individual game played out, only our lack of ability to finish chacne and individual errors stop us from taking those opportunity.

I judge the games on their merits not league position, based on the performance of both teams on the pitch, we played well enough against both Spurs and Man Utd, to take points but let ourselves down in those key areas. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

What your point?

Were have I said we should be beating them, I said they were there for the taking on the basis of how the individual game played out, only our lack of ability to finish chacne and individual errors stop us from taking those opportunity.

I judge the games on their merits not league position, based on the performance of both teams on the pitch, we played well enough against both Spurs and Man Utd, to take points but let ourselves down in those key areas. 

I mjst be readong it wrong then, and again this time.

"They were there for the taking" i read that then and now as we should be beating them. Did you mean they were there to be taken out for a nice meal, and perhaps a dance? ?

I too judge the games on their merits, but prefer to also take into account their league position and results to add context. I see they also hammered Dortmund last night, and i take from that,  that it is more likely that we did quite well and had a hand in how poor they looked, rather than it just being an off day for every team that doesnt match your thinking.

Also, whilst we both judge the same game on  its merits, im reasonably happy, potayto/potahto

• Like 1