Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Spurs Away Post Match 3-1

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Hold on - thought we had to moan about a lack of excitement, or does that only apply when we are home?

Shhheesh, I lose track sometimes!

Yeah I mean it makes sense

Who wouldn't love a team that play great football but end up near the bottom of the league.

The key is balance of the 2, hopefully start winning against the lesser teams and results against the better teams wouldn't matter as much

Lets see how we perform in the next 2 games before I follow the Puel Wankfest on playing nice football but getting beaten 

Really enjoyed the game, in it right to the end, we deserved a whole lot more than we got.

And we did it by going for the jugular. Another day we win that game easily. No complaints from me, though obviously a shame nothing to show for it.  

If only we could do that against the standard teams in this league. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Who wouldn't love a team that play great football but end up near the bottom of the league.

The key is balance of the 2, hopefully start winning against the lesser teams and results against the better teams wouldn't matter as much

Lets see how we perform in the next 2 games before I follow the Puel Wankfest on playing nice football but getting beaten 

You know you want to join in the Puel fuelled circle jerk really ;)

42 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Exciting football comes from exciting footballers. Puel has been going for that balance but its only appeared dull and uninspiring at times due to the players limits

Tielemans gave us so much more we looked like a different team. If those chances had gone in things would have felt totally different. We were creating golden chances

And I'll add, Silva never looked like adding to us in such a way. The choice to replace him looks to be a smart one

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 2

Think I've said before how good it is to see the positivity shown in this topic - in fact the only negativity seemed to be my gloomy opening post which has recieved a huge ammount of bad feedback!  Sorry!

However, having watched the match 3 more times since getting home, I would say, tentatively, that Tottenham helped us look 'improved' by the fact that they played absolute shite! In fact I'm pretty sure that any premier league team (other than ourselves and Huddersfield) would've absolutely mullered them!! Hopefully the improved performance will eventually lead to improved results - but, with Monsieur Puel at the helm, I honestly cant see it. Again, sorry!!

One thing that was very different yesterday and which I've been highly critical of previously......

We didn't do the pointless crosses into an empty box in the vain hope that it would create a chance ...... we actually passed with the intention of creating a chance and often through the middle. The YT difference?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

So you say.

A great performance (losing 3-1) against a weakened spurs team 

Does anyone consider that because they were winning quite comfortably they took their foot of the gas.

We up our game anyway against the top sides

Let’s see how it progresses into the next 2 games.

if we don’t win, you can harp on about how we should’ve “Cos we bossed it”

and cling on to the fact that some shitty little stats tell you we should’ve scored more and ignore the fact that 20 shots produced 50 percent on target and one goal.

That'd be a pretty stupid argument given we were on top at 0-0 as well... Sanchez's goal was against the run of play, and Barnes had already had a good chance to put us ahead before that.

• Like 3

Watching it again, I can see why played Gray. Vardy (who is obviously epic before anyone starts) is quite a traditilonal striker in so much as he does not contribute a massive amount of fetching and carrying outside of the final third (a bit more this season, due to Puel I guess), whereas Gray is not used to essentially goal/defender shoulder hanging.

This means you effectively have an extra body in the AM or wing positions, kinda like the benefit the sweeper keeper provides to the defence.

Maybe :dunno:

17 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

One thing that was very different yesterday and which I've been highly critical of previously......

We didn't do the pointless crosses into an empty box in the vain hope that it would create a chance ...... we actually passed with the intention of creating a chance and often through the middle. The YT difference?

Perhaps Barnes and Rachid as well, both more ball playing than "toss it in the box" type players.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Its about making him feel this is the place he is best to develop and reach his potential. The fact that our young team is the best place for him to develop 

Fully agree UniFox21. A big positive and supportive atmosphere at the KP will also help! 

33 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

In fact I'm pretty sure that any premier league team (other than ourselves and Huddersfield) would've absolutely mullered them!! 

That's Spurs who haven't dropped a point, let alone lost to anyone outside the top 8 all season... would have got mullered by everyone but us and Huddersfield. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

So you say.

A great performance (losing 3-1) against a weakened spurs team 

Does anyone consider that because they were winning quite comfortably they took their foot of the gas.

We up our game anyway against the top sides

Let’s see how it progresses into the next 2 games.

if we don’t win, you can harp on about how we should’ve “Cos we bossed it”

and cling on to the fact that some shitty little stats tell you we should’ve scored more and ignore the fact that 20 shots produced 50 percent on target and one goal.

When were they winning confortably? Even when it was 0-0 we had the better chances ya nonce

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That's Spurs who haven't dropped a point, let alone lost to anyone outside the top 8 all season... would have got mullered by everyone but us and Huddersfield. 

They are making it up as they go along. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Think I've said before how good it is to see the positivity shown in this topic - in fact the only negativity seemed to be my gloomy opening post which has recieved a huge ammount of bad feedback!  Sorry!

However, having watched the match 3 more times since getting home, I would say, tentatively, that Tottenham helped us look 'improved' by the fact that they played absolute shite! In fact I'm pretty sure that any premier league team (other than ourselves and Huddersfield) would've absolutely mullered them!! Hopefully the improved performance will eventually lead to improved results - but, with Monsieur Puel at the helm, I honestly cant see it. Again, sorry!!

How have you supposedly watched the game 4 times yet still don’t see the positives that every one else has seen in the game??

• Like 1

Went yesterday, don't often get to many aways. 

Positives - played some really nice, quick passing moves, created enough chances to win 3 games. 

Met a few spurs fans after and they thought we're a really good side as did everyone at work today. 

Negatives - spurs were terrible by their standards, big game on Wednesday and key players out. 

Wasteful up front, but in a way, that's a positive as we did create. 

If there's a worse set of away fans in the prem, I'd be very surprised. 

Truely awful considering what we did to them 3 years ago. 

Are we usually that bad? 

Just cant get over yesterday still so ****ing angry about it. ****ing spuds twats on the site at work giving it large cos they keep beating us every time  they didn’t even give a shit anymore when I said second in a two horse race at them they just laughed and said league table. Wankers. ****ing cockney scum. I’m just so down today nothing seems worthwhile anymore I could scream I really could We play the ****ing best we ever have and those ***** still dick us 3 bloody 1 and play shit. With a bloody 18 year old boy in midfield. And a dead 40 year old Spanish log up front. I just want to rip someone’s head of today and go back to bed sometimes I can’t stand life 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jon said:

Just cant get over yesterday still so ****ing angry about it. ****ing spuds twats on the site at work giving it large cos they keep beating us every time  they didn’t even give a shit anymore when I said second in a two horse race at them they just laughed and said league table. Wankers. ****ing cockney scum. I’m just so down today nothing seems worthwhile anymore I could scream I really could We play the ****ing best we ever have and those ***** still dick us 3 bloody 1 and play shit. With a bloody 18 year old boy in midfield. And a dead 40 year old Spanish log up front. I just want to rip someone’s head of today and go back to bed sometimes I can’t stand life 

No point being in the Champions League places if you're never going to win anything!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, st albans fox said:

this group of players has never ‘downed tools’ for their manager. There are plenty of illustrations at other clubs clearly where this has happened. 

i would argue that that there are other ways of showing a player who is in charge than benching him without a proven alternative (which is detrimental to the club). If this is the only sanction that the manager can find then perhaps man management is an issue ...... 

if we had proper options up top then I wouldn’t be replying to you on this as we would have won yesterday and everyone would be happier. We’ve all had situations like this at work ...... there are always choices. making the group suffer (including the supporters) isn’t a good choice imo. 

As ever, you make excellent food for thought points, and do so politely without need for insult or sarcasm. 

However, the three outstanding managers of my lifetime Bill Shankly, Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson never used gentle softly-softly choices in the face of players getting ideas above their station. Indeed, in Ferguson’s case, he went even further and got rid of them completely in the case of Ince and Keane and was questioned by many at the time. 

Now of course Puel is not a manager in their class, but a correct action is a correct action, and if Vardy did call him a ****ing knobhead in front of millions world-wide, he has every right to drop him from the first 11 next week imo. I don’t think any of the three managers I mentioned earlier would have selected him for the next game in those circumstances. 

Of course, I may be wrong and Vardy was dropped purely because he hasn’t been playing well, which is not entirely untrue to be fair, but I take your point that we have few other options up front. 

Edited by Nickfosse
  • Like 1

On 10/02/2019 at 15:29, coolhandfox said:

Dreadful individual errors from Riccardo and Ndidi.

Dreadful finishing.

It's rinse and repeat.

Like last week and an average Man U were there for the taking so were Spurs today.

Is there a chance we might have made them look average and there for the taking?

The form guide and league table seems to suggest they are not bad teams overall AND in good form.

But im sure you're right. Far more likely that 2 of the top 5 (make that 3 with the title favourites) all had a bad day at the office and we should have beat them all.

Have a word 

• Like 1

On 10/02/2019 at 15:36, HankMarvin said:

And will any of that matter when results are looked at and we lost 3-1 in years to come 

You mean in the same way that the great escape is completely ignored and had nothing to do with us winning the league and getting to the quarter finals of the champions league the season after? 

Last time i checked we only finished 14th that season.