Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Spurs Away Post Match 3-1

Disappointing result, but feel boosted by another very good performance. Two weeks running we've created more chances than top four opposition.

Our young guns looking really exciting today, just need to be more confident in front of goal. YT was excellent going forward, strong in the tackle and brought the others into play. Really slick 20 pass move for our goal.

Can we reproduce this against the like of Crystal Palace etc who sit deep? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Taken directly from Spurs Forum:

3-1 FT.

Get the **** in.

Hallmark of Champions. Sticking it out. Resolute. Character. Bottle. Winning.

frightening to think who wrote this was genuine in its contents. Gotta feel for Spurs, will the penny ever drop for them?

Cannot get my head around how ****ing deluded the cockney twots are.  Always thinking they have a chance at being among the elite, just because they move won a bunch of FA cups, a double and some European cups, all back in black & white! LOL! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

How many passes for our goal then? 

Youri needs to be signed permanently and were another player maybe 2 away from becoming a real force in the Premier League.

Puel is building something but it's more than likely another manager will come in and reep the rewards. 

Hope so.

• Thanks 1

Oh yeah, Claude out in the summer for me 100%. He’s taken us as far as he can imo. Fair play to him if he leaves us this squad behind, we’re in a far better condition than we were before he joined.

Give him a nice payout and thank him for his work. Done a respectable job in my eyes all things considered but we need to be aiming higher now. Hopefully he can end on a high this season and go with most fans best wishes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Swalshed said:

Can we reproduce this against the like of Crystal Palace etc who sit deep? 

That's the 64 Thousand Dollar question isn't it!? (Or should that be the Million Pound question here in the UK :) )

If we can start doing it over the next 5-8 games, the Puel hate will evaporate. If he can't, he will probably get the boot. I don't even think it's about results per se (as long as we dont go down, which we won't). For example let's say we drew 2-2 to Palace but played like we did today, I think the fans would understand that we are a team in transition.

But if we put in another display like Cardiff / Southampton at home, well you can understand why fans will be irate. As others have said today, we actually broke down a team with 10 men behind the ball multiple times today, but just didn't take our chances. That's a big improvement because usually we don't even make the chances, we just keep hold of the ball and do nothing with it. So there are definitely signs of improvement, but that home form has got to improve soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's the 64 Thousand Dollar question isn't it!? (Or should that be the Million Pound question here in the UK :) )

If we can start doing it over the next 5-8 games, the Puel hate will evaporate. If he can't, he will probably get the boot. I don't even think it's about results per se (as long as we dont go down, which we won't). For example let's say we drew 2-2 to Palace but played like we did today, I think the fans would understand that we are a team in transition.

But if we put in another display like Cardiff / Southampton at home, well you can understand why fans will be irate. As others have said today, we actually broke down a team with 10 men behind the ball multiple times today, but just didn't take our chances. That's a big improvement because usually we don't even make the chances, we just keep hold of the ball and do nothing with it. So there are definitely signs of improvement, but that home form has got to improve soon!

Not sure our fans are able to see past the scoreline, no matter how we play.

• Haha 3

A terrific performance all round today. We really didn't deserve to lose and it just came down to small margins. Had Vardy scored the penalty it would have ended 2-2 as we would have not been pushing forward.

Tilemans looks a good addition to the squad once he settles in.

We need to push on though and get a few results, otherwise Puel will be in trouble.

We are developing a very good young team and just need to make a few additions in the Summer to the squad.

Edited by Clever Fox
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

“actually not a bad club”

Twat 

Peter Schmichael is (allegedly) a racist bellend of the highest order…. I’m sure his son is delighted with him voicing his private ambitions about his next steps….

The thing is he’s about at his level already…. And he’s lucky to have had the career he’s had

A rousing performance that on another could well have been a win but it's another brave defeat.

Possibly our most respectable loss of the season because we played quite decent at times. Our workrate was admirable throughout but just the finishing as ever was our downfall. It's cost us around 10 more points that we could easly have had by now.

Tielemans was outstanding. Dragged N'Didi's display up with him.Barnes missed a lot of great chances but played well.  Yes Ricardo was at fault for the second but no one was Junior Lewis/Musa level bad.

In fairness to Spurs they battled right through aswell and were clinical when the chances came their way.

It's better that we lose a game like today with nothing to play for than this time 3 years ago.

There's a lot of similarities to 2014/15 in that we play well but don't have the wins to show for it. Claude has been a tad unfortunate that he hasn't got results of late but not having a formidable attack is a huge issue the last 2 seasons.

Looking at the team today it was really all change. Only 1 of the title winning X1 started today (Kasper) so going to a top 6 side lie Spurs and giving a good account of ourselves gives us optimism for the future. Surely too strong to get bogged down in a relgation battle too you could argue.

Need to bring that level of erm intensitee to Palace and Brighton now. Easier said than done!

5 hours ago, Strokes said:

Played well against both Tottenham and United and got nothing. I thought most Puel outers were happy to lose entertaining football, over dross wins?

Doesn't entertaining football mean we are progressing in the right direction. Today was men against boys, if this team is kept together then perhaps most if not all will step up and become a very good team if development is allowed in a positive progressive way. Dislike Puel's negative approache to the midfield and some strange decisions he seems capable of. If he gets his head around these issues he could be building a very bright future for Leicester. 

• Like 1

Nutter-Naylor said: 
Just has a peruse of Foxes Talk for a laugh. Those mugs are properly obsessed with us. Sad sad bunch of *****.
I know Mate, Spammer level fans.. They sing Champions of England you’ll never sing that, despite us winning the league TWICE. Thick as shit.

• There's a special place in hell for spurs fans. 

23 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Peter Schmichael is (allegedly) a racist bellend of the highest order…. I’m sure his son is delighted with him voicing his private ambitions about his next steps….

The thing is he’s about at his level already…. And he’s lucky to have had the career he’s had

He needs to be replaced by Ward.  He could have done better for the first and third goals today. It's been a similar story in recent games. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

:wub: SEXY FOOTBALL :wub:

E4Y5jRV.gif

Enjoy! :scarf:

3 missed threw balls before the one we needed. Should have scored earlier in the chance. And this is part of the problem. We over play the ball far too often. Not criticising as such, as it worked out as a nice goal. But more often than not, the runs we miss, mean we lose possession and end up in trouble. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

A terrific performance all round today. We really didn't deserve to lose and it just came down to small margins. Had Vardy scored the penalty it would have ended 2-2 as we would have been pushing forward.

It should of been 3-1 to us really. The cheat Son should of been sent of, the amount of times he dived when HM got near him was rediculous. He would never of scored there 3rd then. There was also blatant encrochment for Vardys penno. 

Handball in the build up when Erickson scored as well. The ref missed so much of the spuds dirty play today it was a total joke. Worse refereeing performance ever and sick of it when the sky tv teams get all the decisions there way. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He needs to be replaced by Ward.  He could have done better for the first and third goals today. It's been a similar story in recent games. 

Harsh imo. No guarantees Ward would do any better. Peach of a ball from Eriksen for their first and no doubt in my mind Son would score with the form he was in. He’s not perfect but to say he needs dropping is excessive in my view. Granted his distribution in some of the home games recently has put us under pressure but the guy wins us more points than he costs us

1 minute ago, Jon said:

It should of been 3-1 to us really. The cheat Son should of been sent of, the amount of times he dived when HM got near him was rediculous. He would never of scored there 3rd then. There was also blatant encrochment for Vardys penno. 

Handball in the build up when Erickson scored as well. The ref missed so much of the spuds dirty play today it was a total joke. Worse refereeing performance ever and sick of it when the sky tv teams get all the decisions there way. 

I think we got the rub of the green from the ref today .......just shows how diff perceptions exist on the same performance 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jonthefox said:
Nutter-Naylor said: 
Just has a peruse of Foxes Talk for a laugh. Those mugs are properly obsessed with us. Sad sad bunch of *****.
I know Mate, Spammer level fans.. They sing Champions of England you’ll never sing that, despite us winning the league TWICE. Thick as shit.

• There's a special place in hell for spurs fans. 

They aren't wrong, though. This place is obsessed with Tottenham and that song is incorrect.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

3 missed threw balls before the one we needed. Should have scored earlier in the chance. And this is part of the problem. We over play the ball far too often. Not criticising as such, as it worked out as a nice goal. But more often than not, the runs we miss, mean we lose possession and end up in trouble. 

Come on Foxhateram, you are the driver of the optimistic bus!!! It's on you that we rely to navigate our way down the road of optimism :) !

If you can't get excited for a goal like that, then why bother following football. It was a quality goal scored by the youngest team in the Premier League!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jon said:

Really? I thought the ref had a very good game. Might just be because finally a ref had the spine to call spurs on their constant diving though

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Come on Foxhateram, you are the driver of the optimistic bus!!! It's on you that we rely to navigate our way down the road of optimism :) !

If you can't get excited for a goal like that, then why bother following football. It was a quality goal scored by the youngest team in the Premier League!

I didn't say I didn't enjoy it. I'm just reflecting on what could have made it better. ?. It's the football manager in me, always striving to improve.