Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Spurs Away Post Match 3-1

7 minutes ago, Bevan said:

People moaning about Vardy taking the penalty but if Maddison took it and missed, they would have said ‘He should have let Vardy take it’.

Maddisons last two have been awful stutter run ups, if he thinks he's the new Beckham he needs to watch some of his penalties because I don't recall him messing about like he does with them.

50 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I meant Newcastle and Watfotrd

Watford, Battered them with 2 goals in the last 10 mins, a winner 3 mins from time?

Newcastle 83 min

Whats Possession, when in both games they didnt score until the last 10 mins... Thus a tougher game to win

The difference between our game and Watford and Newcastle is that we bossed the game. We had good possession created lots of chances and should have won the game. Watford and Newcastle both sat deep and defended the whole game. That’s the style we are trying to adopt. No one wants to go to a game and watch there team defence for 80 minutes with only 10 minutes of counter attacking play. It’s boring.

I'm excited to see what this attacking unit can do. Gotta keep faith in the immediate. 

The next eight games will define Claude's reign here. He's off in the Summer for me. It could be remembered as the necessary framework for someone else to succeed. Or it could be remembered as an abject failure. 

• Like 1

Thought we played really well and deserved to get something out of the game (again). Despite that, we really do need to start converting our chances and we also need to replicate that kind of performance against the lesser sides (albeit whilst actually finishing our chances too). Tielemans had a really bright game but it's a shame that we probably won't be able to keep him. I just hope that we don't lose too many players over the Summer, if we do then we can expect to pretty much have a repeat of this season. If we manage to keep hold of everyone and add a striker/midfielder then there isn't any reason why we shouldn't be in contention for a spot between 5th and 8th. I know some of the FT faithful feel that we should be lucky to get anything above the relegation zone with the squad that we have but I just don't feel that is the case. We've shown time and time again this season that we can mix it with the big boys and play them off the park at times, we definitely already have the personnel to finish in the top half and if it wasn't for missed chances, inconsistency and (at times) managerial ineptitude then we would have had 7th locked down. 

I thought it was strange to allow Vardy to take the penalty straight after coming on, I know Maddison has missed a few for us but Vardy also has in the past couple of seasons and I think there is added pressure with it being your first touch after coming on. If you score you're a legend and if you miss then it's even more embarrassing. 

P.S. Did anyone else think that Nacho had one of his best games for us this season yesterday? I know that it doesn't take much to surpass some of the crap he's served up this season but I actually thought he looked much brighter when he came on and got involved.

32 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

The difference between our game and Watford and Newcastle is that we bossed the game. We had good possession created lots of chances and should have won the game. Watford and Newcastle both sat deep and defended the whole game. That’s the style we are trying to adopt. No one wants to go to a game and watch there team defence for 80 minutes with only 10 minutes of counter attacking play. It’s boring.

Bossed the game but lost 3-1 

the other teams nearly nicked a point

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oadby.fox said:

Thought we played really well and deserved to get something out of the game (again). Despite that, we really do need to start converting our chances and we also need to replicate that kind of performance against the lesser sides (albeit whilst actually finishing our chances too). Tielemans had a really bright game but it's a shame that we probably won't be able to keep him. I just hope that we don't lose too many players over the Summer, if we do then we can expect to pretty much have a repeat of this season. If we manage to keep hold of everyone and add a striker/midfielder then there isn't any reason why we shouldn't be in contention for a spot between 5th and 8th. I know some of the FT faithful feel that we should be lucky to get anything above the relegation zone with the squad that we have but I just don't feel that is the case. We've shown time and time again this season that we can mix it with the big boys and play them off the park at times, we definitely already have the personnel to finish in the top half and if it wasn't for missed chances, inconsistency and (at times) managerial ineptitude then we would have had 7th locked down. 

I thought it was strange to allow Vardy to take the penalty straight after coming on, I know Maddison has missed a few for us but Vardy also has in the past couple of seasons and I think there is added pressure with it being your first touch after coming on. If you score you're a legend and if you miss then it's even more embarrassing. 

P.S. Did anyone else think that Nacho had one of his best games for us this season yesterday? I know that it doesn't take much to surpass some of the crap he's served up this season but I actually thought he looked much brighter when he came on and got involved.

Yes, I noticed this. Nacho looked much better in parts. 

48 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Bossed the game but lost 3-1 

the other teams nearly nicked a point

We more or less did boss the game

Did you see the Xg stats on sky?

Or, not looking at those stats did you watch the game and think we deserved to lose 1-3?

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

A lot of people sounding like Spurs fans from a few years ago on here.

Yes the statistics from the game looked good and I believe we played relatively well but we really can't say we bossed it when we lost 3-1, we had chances but were too wasteful and defensively to concede the 2 of the 3 we did we can't class it as 'bossing it'. It was a much improved performance from what we've seen this season but truth be told we've always performed relatively well against the top 6 teams. I'm cautiously optimistic of course but it wouldn't be the first time a Puel team has catfished us against a bigger team only to go back to being horrendous against the smaller teams.

The biggest positive for me is that we have Tielemans until the end of the season and some of the stuff he did yesterday we've been crying out for all season. This is audition time for Puel now - if we kick on and start winning games he can stick two fingers up at everyone who doubted him and point to the fact he needed the right players. Again i'm still doubtful because on past evidence he mostly picks the right teams against the top 6 but completely shits the bed in regards to team selections against anyone outside the top 6.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

We more or less did boss the game

Did you see the Xg stats on sky?

Or, not looking at those stats did you watch the game and think we deserved to lose 1-3?

I didn’t realise league standings are based on bosing the game.

Maybe they can add an award for the best losIng team.

Asi said this was a spurs team without 2 of its most games influential players.

Who comes out better of the results 

Newcastle and Watford as they was only minus one on the defeats.

lets talk about bossing a game when we actually look good and win comfortably.

how many times have we won by 2 goals ??

1 hour ago, oadby.fox said:

Tielemans had a really bright game but it's a shame that we probably won't be able to keep him

Ultimately it is the players choice, and LCFC has the money if hes deemed worth it. It felt he was really enjoying himself lastnight and fit into perfectly. Fingers crossed, but ultimately we have the upper hand.. Silva swap or if not, hes within the club and they have face to face discussions rather than agent to club conversations to make things difficult.

6 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Ultimately it is the players choice, and LCFC has the money if hes deemed worth it. It felt he was really enjoying himself lastnight and fit into perfectly. Fingers crossed, but ultimately we have the upper hand.. Silva swap or if not, hes within the club and they have face to face discussions rather than agent to club conversations to make things difficult.

Its about making him feel this is the place he is best to develop and reach his potential. The fact that our young team is the best place for him to develop 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Its about making him feel this is the place he is best to develop and reach his potential. The fact that our young team is the best place for him to develop 

Unless he's going to walk into the team somewhere, he's better off going somewhere he'll play all the time and progressing his career. A couple of seasons performing in this league and he could have his pick of all the big clubs. You won't get that if you're sat on the bench at Chelsea.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Hes unbelievably good considering his age + how he took his PL debut like hes been at it for years.. His vision for a pass and and learning how his team mates play is quite remarkable in such a short space of time. Shows how average Mendy is.. im afraid.

Edited by Simoken

Encouraged by the performance, disappointed by the result. I'd like to see the same lineup again, but with Vardy starting up top. Not that I think Gray played poorly at all, but I would just like to see Puel last long enough at Leicester for him to continue the youth revolution, and dropping Vardy is sure to get him sacked lol

6 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Why?

Cos Spurs scored three and we scored one.

Cos Puel decided to bench the only player who can score for us.

Cos, basically, this side has forgotten how to win - loss after loss after loss - confidence totally drained by an inept manager who is completely out of his depth.

Bummer that you cannot see the progress in playing style. You'd be much happier as a fan if you learned to. This loss was far better football than we were playing just a short while ago.

Edited by vanity
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Why?

Cos Spurs scored three and we scored one.

Cos Puel decided to bench the only player who can score for us.

Cos, basically, this side has forgotten how to win - loss after loss after loss - confidence totally drained by an inept manager who is completely out of his depth.

Cos lettuce. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Foxboy said:

Again mate, you can’t just look at the score line. Clearly no point debating with you as you have no idea what you’re talking about.

So you say.

A great performance (losing 3-1) against a weakened spurs team 

Does anyone consider that because they were winning quite comfortably they took their foot of the gas.

We up our game anyway against the top sides

Let’s see how it progresses into the next 2 games.

if we don’t win, you can harp on about how we should’ve “Cos we bossed it”

and cling on to the fact that some shitty little stats tell you we should’ve scored more and ignore the fact that 20 shots produced 50 percent on target and one goal.

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

So you say.

A great performance (losing 3-1) against a weakened spurs team 

Does anyone consider that because they were winning quite comfortably they took their foot of the gas.

We up our game anyway against the top sides

Let’s see how it progresses into the next 2 games.

if we don’t win, you can harp on about how we should’ve “Cos we bossed it”

and cling on to the fact that some shitty little stats tell you we should’ve scored more and ignore the fact that 20 shots produced 50 percent on target and one goal.

Hold on - thought we had to moan about a lack of excitement, or does that only apply when we are home?

Shhheesh, I lose track sometimes!

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1