Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Spurs Away Post Match 3-1

... I really believe Peter Schmeichel believes Kasper is under achieving being at this club. 

Just listening to the statement, and it is all coming from Peter's frustration that he did not go to United. Any comparison with his father and Kasper bridles with contempt, as he wants to be thought of as a player in his own right. 

It is possible that what was said by Peter, was sanctioned by Kasper but a comment such as that would only lead to one decision and that would be a way out of the door. 

A message to Peter, he is a grown man, he has achieved many things in his career and if it is a case that sometime ago you had a wager that he would become United's keeper one day, you need to let it go. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MPH said:

will you at least admit it made a difference for us having a striker on the bleedin pitch!?

I would’ve started Vardy. It’s worth mentioning though, he’s been absent for a while. I don’t have statistics to hand but I can’t remember the last time (before yesterday) seeing him score from open play.

Without Vardy, though, we created 4 or 5 genuine goal scoring opportunities before he came on, as well as a handful of half chances. These guys are professional footballers, and I’m mainly looking at Gray when I say that as professional footballers, the chances we created should 9 times out of 10 lead to a goal. It just so happened that yesterday we forgot our shooting boots & Lloris got in the way of a couple.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Need to see it again - was a long way from our end. Did he just punt it against skipp? My initial thought was that Ghezzal could have completed the clearance himself without playing it back to Ricardo. 

I'd put part of the blame on Maddison for the 2nd. Watch the replay and see how slowly he ambles out. If he'd even jogged quickly into space, Ricardo would have had an easy pass. 

• Like 1

Shocked by the negative reaction to that performance. Absolutely blew them away and it wouldn't have been flattering for us to come away from that game with a win by a 2 or 3 goal margin.

Glad we benched Vardy, the players need to know they're not undroppable. If it gives him a bit of a boost then that's good. Hopefully we can pick up a couple of strikers in the summer as Nacho and Okazaki offer us absolutely nothing. Vardy's starting to get on a bit as well so we'll need someone to come in and take over the main role in the next year or two.

I feel like when Harvey pops one in, he's gonna score a hatful. What a player he is, you can see why he was tearing the championship up. Intelligent, fast, strong and looks to have all the attributes to go to the very top. He'll be in the England squad for Euro 2020 I have no doubt.

Tielemans looked quality and think between him and Barnes, we'll now have the tools to absolutely tear apart these teams we've been struggling to break down.

Very excited for the next run of games now, as long as don't pick up any injuries I'd fancy us to pick up 18-20 points from the next 9 games. Also got to fancy us to score quite a few as well. We've been threatening it for a while, one game it's going to click and we're going to decimate someone.

I'd fancy this team to dick the team that started for us against Hull after the title win.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jon said:

Gutted about this. Hearing Spurs fans on social media laughing about it, saying we finished 2nd today in a 1 horse race. :-(

Yes - except that doesn’t even make sense . You know a bit like them expecting to actually win something this season despite everyone knowing they will bottle it as per 

I just want to state that I felt Ghezzal had one of his best games yesterday, linked up with Ricardo well and looked comfortable knowing that Tielemans was making himself avaialbe just inside, also positive runs forward. I think he could be a key player next season once finally settled and comfortable with those around his position.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

I’d suggest that “showing Vardy who the boss is” or any other player for that matter, is very important for the future of the football club, whoever the manager is. 

Ok I get that. But when it seems to run contrary to the team's best interests, maybe he needs to think again.

Broadly, I support Puel. I like what he's trying to do. I just wish he'd unbend a bit. Not least in his language - the constant platitudes and stock phrases make it hard to warm to him. To say the least.The argument that he's not comfortable speaking English is wearing thin - he's just as dull in French!

I hope he stays for a while though. 

15 hours ago, Parafox said:

So why wasn't Rose booked and sent off? He dived. Minimal contact isn't a an excuse. A dive is a dive. The ref didn't give a pen so therefore it wasn't a foul, so therefore it's a dive.

I can't explain a lot of refereeing decisions and inconsistencies. Such bizarre ongoings nearly every game to the point I think the integrity of the whole thing has to be questioned.

1 hour ago, Stoopid said:

Ok I get that. But when it seems to run contrary to the team's best interests, maybe he needs to think again.

Broadly, I support Puel. I like what he's trying to do. I just wish he'd unbend a bit. Not least in his language - the constant platitudes and stock phrases make it hard to warm to him. To say the least.The argument that he's not comfortable speaking English is wearing thin - he's just as dull in French!

I hope he stays for a while though. 

Why can’t a manager manage his best players?

Simple question 

2 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

I would’ve started Vardy. It’s worth mentioning though, he’s been absent for a while. I don’t have statistics to hand but I can’t remember the last time (before yesterday) seeing him score from open play.

Without Vardy, though, we created 4 or 5 genuine goal scoring opportunities before he came on, as well as a handful of half chances. These guys are professional footballers, and I’m mainly looking at Gray when I say that as professional footballers, the chances we created should 9 times out of 10 lead to a goal. It just so happened that yesterday we forgot our shooting boots & Lloris got in the way of a couple.  

yes agreed we created chances without him... and to me it isn’t just about the goals he scores, it’s the defender he draws with him and therefore the space he creates for others.

It just beggars belief that a premier league manager thinks he can go and play away to spurs without a striker and think he can get something out of the game.

20 hours ago, Foxboy said:

They absolutely bartered Fulham and Watford. 70% possession in each game and created all the chances. We kept the possession to 50-50 and had way more chances than them. You’ve lost your head mate.

I meant Newcastle and Watfotrd

Watford, Battered them with 2 goals in the last 10 mins, a winner 3 mins from time?

Newcastle 83 min

Whats Possession, when in both games they didnt score until the last 10 mins... Thus a tougher game to win

I spotted Madison switched off ambling out when Ricardo needed an outlet quickly and didn't get one .Not sure Madison is the messiah.

Now Teilemans looked the business straight out of the wrapoer.The shot from close to the corner flag at end of fist half was going in and would have been goal of the season except again for Lloris being an exceptional keeper. 

He looks very good and may be exactly what we have needed to get the attack moving and quick.

20 hours ago, smr said:

Harvey needs coaching to calm his mind down in front of goal imho.

i think he’ll be fine.  he’s excited and desperate to get that first goal and it will come. it won’t be his last for us either as i see plenty of goals coming from him in the future and if i am honest, i think we might have found our long term replcement for Vardy! he could mke a great number 9

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Simple question 

Claude tends to overthink his options maybe. Chopping & changing constantly, odd substitutions etc etc.

Stubbornness and unwillingness to explain himself also hamper what he's trying to achieve here.

But if yesterday showed anything, it's that a decent side isn't that far away. 

Over to you, Claude.

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Simple question 

Some need a stick and sone need a carrot... sone need live and others tough love.  This is the mist chalkenging part of management.  I think puel is not someone the players respect... so they ignore him...he is doomed 

Just now, MPH said:

maguire certainly hasn’t had the best of seasons and maddison seems to be half the player he was when he signed..

I don't think Maddison has been half as poor as some make out. He'd probably be in double figures for assists if we hadn't missed some sitters. I certainly don't think he's regressed. Same with Maguire really, he's made the odd mistake or bit of naive play but he's always had that in him anyway. I'd still say both have been pretty good and certainly don't look too unhappy.